Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,660

Met Pete a while back. He is great. I got all of those signed albums he released. Love MFTMA. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

One of the best albums of the 2000s
    Could not agree more. And he is a fan of/was inspired by Sloan... which we Canadians truly appreciate 😎. 

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    pjpjpaul said:

Met Pete a while back. He is great. I got all of those signed albums he released. Love MFTMA. 
    Great pic. Very cool
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,473
    Finaaaallllly found CREATURES OF THE NIGHT in a used record store, but it was the 1985 re-issue cover without makeup and with Bruce Kulick on it... and it was qyuite expensive (19.5 dollars).

Did I overpay? Should I have taken a deep breath, put it back and tried to have found the rerelase from a few years ago for cheaper instead?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    pjpjpaul said:

Awesome! We met him at ACL--super nice guy & great songwriter.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Hot damn this was a steal on Amazon.  8 records,  all analog,  BG mastering,  QRP pressing in a gorgeous box and book.  $85 on Amazon.  Oh yeah,  and Hendrix was pretty good as the Band of Gypsies 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hot damn this was a steal on Amazon.  8 records,  all analog,  BG mastering,  QRP pressing in a gorgeous box and book.  $85 on Amazon.  Oh yeah,  and Hendrix was pretty good as the Band of Gypsies 

Awesome! That's a great price!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I just preordered the new Jason Isbell album, Reunions, from my favorite local shop here in KC. It's an Orange LP with a poster. Very cool that he is releasing this to record stores a week early!
    I just ordered the same Isbell orange vinyl from Plan 9 here in VA. Also on order- The National High Violet 3 disc reissue Vinyl Me Please version, latest third man vault of De Stilji, Mofi reissue of Electric Warrior,  Analogue Productions reissue of A Love Supreme, Giant Steps reissue, tone poet series of money jungle and poppin', third man icky thump X, sponge rotting pinata, and the phish junta swirl reissue. 
    Hey man, are you a C'ville or Richmond guy?
    Richmond now but I went to UVA and grew up over the mountains in Augusta County. I have family in cville and love that area. I actually worked at Plan 9 in Lynchburg for a few months until it closed.
    Nice dude.  I'm in Glen Allen, right next to GAHS.  I don't like Plan 9 in Carytown very much, tbh.  But ever since Bill at BK Records in Willow Lawn retired, I've been forced to go there. They have a big selection, but I don't like they don't let you bring back used if they are bad.  BK did. 
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I just preordered the new Jason Isbell album, Reunions, from my favorite local shop here in KC. It's an Orange LP with a poster. Very cool that he is releasing this to record stores a week early!
    I just ordered the same Isbell orange vinyl from Plan 9 here in VA. Also on order- The National High Violet 3 disc reissue Vinyl Me Please version, latest third man vault of De Stilji, Mofi reissue of Electric Warrior,  Analogue Productions reissue of A Love Supreme, Giant Steps reissue, tone poet series of money jungle and poppin', third man icky thump X, sponge rotting pinata, and the phish junta swirl reissue. 
    Hey man, are you a C'ville or Richmond guy?
    Richmond now but I went to UVA and grew up over the mountains in Augusta County. I have family in cville and love that area. I actually worked at Plan 9 in Lynchburg for a few months until it closed.
    Nice dude.  I'm in Glen Allen, right next to GAHS.  I don't like Plan 9 in Carytown very much, tbh.  But ever since Bill at BK Records in Willow Lawn retired, I've been forced to go there. They have a big selection, but I don't like they don't let you bring back used if they are bad.  BK did. 
    I'm in Glen Allen too actually. Right of Hungary road near 7-Eleven. Small world.
    You two should meet up and have Tea.
    word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    mrussel1 said:

nice
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

Picked that up also, haven’t received it yet. Let me know your thoughts. I have the CD box which is really good.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    mrussel1 said:

Nice !

It would've been interesting to hear what more the Band Of Gypsys would've put out if they had stayed together. BoG was the first Hendrix Album I ever heard. Still play it.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Picked that up also, haven’t received it yet. Let me know your thoughts. I have the CD box which is really good.
    It's great so far. Im halfway through.  Sound has been consistent and excellent.  I was a bit worried that you have all these shows from 50 years ago and original tape,  that it would be damaged or inconsistent.  Not so far.  The performances are off the hook.  Book is amazing too. 

First class presentation. Steal of the year. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's great so far. Im halfway through.  Sound has been consistent and excellent.  I was a bit worried that you have all these shows from 50 years ago and original tape,  that it would be damaged or inconsistent.  Not so far.  The performances are off the hook.  Book is amazing too. 

First class presentation. Steal of the year. 
    Good to hear! I just ordered one for my FIL for Father's Day...I may order another for myself...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,368
    dankind said:

I got this too.  Wonderful sounding album.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I bought this after seeing it on here so Thank you.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 650

Added a couple absolute essentials to the collection this past week. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Price police approved?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice !

It would've been interesting to hear what more the Band Of Gypsys would've put out if they had stayed together. BoG was the first Hendrix Album I ever heard. Still play it.
    My intro was the Monterey Pop show.   I was in 8th? grade and a friend has a video tape of the show.  I couldn't believe how effortlessly he played. Then he played a solo with his teeth and behind the back and I was done.  I was all in on Jimi.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,341
    mrussel1 said:

listening on apple music.  fuck me this is good.  gonna have to pull the trigger myself. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Price police approved?
    You always crack me up!

That price on an all analog, 8 album set for $85?  Yes please!!!

I also purchased Danzig sings Elvis.  That should be interesting.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421
    edited May 2020
    Now that Minnesota is back to allowing retail pick-up, decided to support one of the locals and picked up these gems:

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,341
    Now that Minnesota is back to allowing retail pick-up, decided to support one of the locals and picked up these gems:

that last waltz an og press?

other needing a thorough cleaning, my sounds great......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,881
    Thievery Corp
    Symphonic
    Treasures from the Temple
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421
    mickeyrat said:

that last waltz an og press?

other needing a thorough cleaning, my sounds great......
    It’s the 2013 reissue.

i have an og copy of Rock of Ages that was filthy when I first got it. Great sounding album after numerous cleanings.
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,667

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    mvw said:

I got that too.  Incredible 3LP set. 

the sea color green LP is amazing to look at.  
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,667
    mvw said:

It most certainly is.
  • Options
    mvw said:

mvw said:
    mvw said:

It most certainly is.
    You two ever get in to the horror movie soundtracks?

Check out Wax Works records if you do.