Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Where is everyone ordering vinyl from now?

I wanted to use Rough Trade but they aren't fulfilling any orders.
    Amazon for general,  common stuff. I still use discogs.  I also really like Get Import CD on EBAY. 
    The high end stuff comes from Acoustic Sounds.  They also have amazing service. 

• Options
    halvhalv Posts: 682
    mrussel1 said:

Amazon for general,  common stuff. I still use discogs.  I also really like Get Import CD on EBAY. 

I'm trying to stick with local stores in Vancouver when possible. Red Cat Records is offering free local delivery. 
    I sometimes order from Music Vaultz but their shipping takes forever. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for Gigaton to arrive. But it was hard to pass up their 20% off everything promotion. 
  • Options
    halv said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm trying to stick with local stores in Vancouver when possible. Red Cat Records is offering free local delivery. 
    I sometimes order from Music Vaultz but their shipping takes forever. I've been waiting over 3 weeks for Gigaton to arrive. But it was hard to pass up their 20% off everything promotion. 
    I would do the same if I had a good local.  We had a great one in Richmond but the owner retired last summer.  So I don't feel obligated anymore. 

If you're an audiophile, Acoustic Sounds has a some great stuff in.  I just picked up Amused to Death (Roger) which is supposedly a singular analog audio achievement.  The original went for $400 plus until Analog Productions put theirs out.  Also got the 200g 45RPM of Lynyrd (It's pronounced).  
    They also have August and Everything back in stock, which is just amazing sounding, a bunch of the Doors and the SRV collection.  You could drop a few grand without blinking on that site.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    halv said:
    mrussel1 said:

I would do the same if I had a good local.  We had a great one in Richmond but the owner retired last summer.  So I don't feel obligated anymore. 

If you're an audiophile, Acoustic Sounds has a some great stuff in.  I just picked up Amused to Death (Roger) which is supposedly a singular analog audio achievement.  The original went for $400 plus until Analog Productions put theirs out.  Also got the 200g 45RPM of Lynyrd (It's pronounced).  
    They also have August and Everything back in stock, which is just amazing sounding, a bunch of the Doors and the SRV collection.  You could drop a few grand without blinking on that site.  
    Did you go in for the 4LP 45rpm Amused to Death?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    I usually use these- Amazon, musicdirect, ebay, discogs, acousticsounds, bullmoose, vinylmeplease, third man, pearljam.com, plan 9, ameoba, easy street and some other independent stores.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    halv said:
    mrussel1 said:

Did you go in for the 4LP 45rpm Amused to Death?
    No, the 2X33.  I didn't see a 4.  Do you have it?  The double is on sale for $35. 

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&Title_ID=89109

Edit - I see the 4x boxset for $125.  That's a preorder.  Fremer had a nice write up on the 2x.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Just arrived, the new The Dream Syndicate, The Universe Inside.  Another 7 or 8 from now with brain properly tuned, this will be my late night spin!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ARRIVED!!!!!

So had bought through discogs a copy out of long island. That copy still shows preship since march 28...... seller is cool willing to credit or refund, my choice. Gonna still wait and see.

forced me to buy a seperate copy. Ordered last weekend and it came today. Very rarely played if ever...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

So had bought through discogs a copy out of long island. That copy still shows preship since march 28...... seller is cool willing to credit or refund, my choice. Gonna still wait and see.

forced me to buy a seperate copy. Ordered last weekend and it came today. Very rarely played if ever...

I have one of these I got wayyyyyyy back when it came out and still spin it.  It’s underrated.  I was listening to it the other day thinking that there needs to be another Three Fish record. My second favorite PJ side project after TotD.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2020

Post edited by ConorKavanagh on
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

I have one of these I got wayyyyyyy back when it came out and still spin it.  It’s underrated.  I was listening to it the other day thinking that there needs to be another Three Fish record. My second favorite PJ side project after TotD.  
    I think this was born out of a weird as shit time for Jeff that doesnt exist anymore. Tres Mts is another it would be great to hear more from , just dont see it....
    Three Fish isnt even available to stream.....

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I had the opportunity to buy Three Fish at Pitchfork Music fest record show maybe 5-6 years back for only $10 and I pssed. I wished I did. Worth it for Solitude alone. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

I think this was born out of a weird as shit time for Jeff that doesnt exist anymore. Tres Mts is another it would be great to hear more from , just dont see it....

In that case I’m even happier I have my copy. Sadly I only own the quiet table on cd and mp3.  I just love the droning instrumentation and different compositions that really break from a lot of western music traditions.  Oh yeah and enjoy the new score!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,849
    Scored one of those for 5 bucks from local joint. I didnt know three fish but thought it was a Jeff band. Spin it when I feel like getting thoughtful.
    It's an epic story.
    Great record.
    Met Richard at rndm and had a 2 second chat about 3 fish.
    I miss live music.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

In that case I’m even happier I have my copy. Sadly I only own the quiet table on cd and mp3.  I just love the droning instrumentation and different compositions that really break from a lot of western music traditions.  Oh yeah and enjoy the new score!
    only vinyl for quiet table is from overseas and its in the 80 range and up. I have to look but I may have thr cd somewhere. if not I wil get that for less than 10 through discogs.

again not streamable......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

only vinyl for quiet table is from overseas and its in the 80 range and up. I have to look but I may have thr cd somewhere. if not I wil get that for less than 10 through discogs.

fuck it.

sealed digipak ordered for the low k-tel price of $4.98 plus tax and shipping....

• Options
    Arrived yeasterday with the bottom one as a gift from the seller...

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

fuck it.

sealed digipak ordered for the low k-tel price of $4.98 plus tax and shipping....
    Three Fish man.  It’s worth the money for some of the best PJ side project music out there.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ARRIVED!!!!!

fuck it.

Three Fish man.  It’s worth the money for some of the best PJ side project music out there.

I may end up getting the vinyl. we'll see.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305

For some reason I was completely convinced I already had this on vinyl. I thought it was in the pile of stuff I need to ship out from my parents' place, but there was no sign of it. I'm very happy to get my hands on it and complete my Lanegan collection (again!)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    pjpjpaul said:

Just preordered this from my local shop!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Nice. #separatedatbirth? #samemusicaltaste 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Nice. #separatedatbirth? #samemusicaltaste 
    HAHA! Very true, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    I guess I am the only person on Earth that thinks the new Fiona Apple album is way overrated.
  • Options
    I guess I am the only person on Earth that thinks the new Fiona Apple album is way overrated.
    Was she inspired by the death of her cat?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    edited May 2020
    Price police says that you are overrated too!
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641

One of the best albums of the 2000s