Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    brianlux said:
    Until today, I had never heard this album.  I've waited a long time to find an affordable vinyl copy because that's how I wanted to hear it.  And finally, it happened.  This is a remarkable record.  Strange, sometimes beautiful, sometimes unsettling, and perfectly timed.

Nice Brian!
    I love that album, but unfortunately I still haven't tracked down an affordable vinyl copy.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    Until today, I had never heard this album.  I've waited a long time to find an affordable vinyl copy because that's how I wanted to hear it.  And finally, it happened.  This is a remarkable record.  Strange, sometimes beautiful, sometimes unsettling, and perfectly timed.

Nice Brian!
    I love that album, but unfortunately I still haven't tracked down an affordable vinyl copy.
    I'm kicking myself for selling my copy several years ago. Great album!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Few orders came in this morning! FINALLY... I can listen to Gigaton in all its wax glory :)

Nice to see a couple Hip albums in there!  Are We Family is one of my fave Hip tunes.
  • Options
    One of the indie stores I deal with in Edmonton is doing free shipping on orders over $60 in our province. Happy to support them as they are fantastic to deal with. Picked up the new Caribou album, Riot Act (finally), and Billie Eilish for my daughter. 
    I can’t believe how god Can’t Keep sounds on vinyl. It was like hearing it for the first time!! 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    ^^^nice! I dont have riot act on vinyl. Thats how I felt about black sabbath. I got into them late when cds were the thing. Later in life got back into vinyl and all sabbath on vinyl is like hearing  it for the first time.  Enjoy it all!!!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    toolie said:
    One of the indie stores I deal with in Edmonton is doing free shipping on orders over $60 in our province. Happy to support them as they are fantastic to deal with. Picked up the new Caribou album, Riot Act (finally), and Billie Eilish for my daughter. 
    I can’t believe how god Can’t Keep sounds on vinyl. It was like hearing it for the first time!! 
    That Riot Act RE is really good. Gets many spins here. 
    I’ve got four more Hip albums to get and I’ve got all the studio releases. They are also on heavy rotation lol. 

Does the indie store in Edmonton have a website? I have to go north on Friday and could pick up a couple gems curb side 👍

I have an extensive wantlist on Discogs (never seems to get smaller despite the constant dent in my wallet)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    toolie said:
    I’ve got four more Hip albums to get and I’ve got all the studio releases. They are also on heavy rotation lol. 

Does the indie store in Edmonton have a website? I have to go north on Friday and could pick up a couple gems curb side 👍

I have an extensive wantlist on Discogs (never seems to get smaller despite the constant dent in my wallet)
    Discogs needs to kill the daily emails. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    toolie said:

Discogs needs to kill the daily emails. 
    I wholeheartedly agree. It’s annoying. I haven’t found a way to adjust the preferences on there
  • Options
    toolie said:

No catalog on the website but you can email them a list - info@blackbyrd.ca
    They gave me pricing and let me know what was in stock and what was special order. Super good to deal with. Fast responses and they didn’t mock me for buying Billie Eilish. 
    They have a store in Calgary too, I only use Edmonton cause I’ve been there as couple times and their stock impressed me. 
    I haven’t started on the Hip yet - I have a couple. I just finished The Band catalog on vinyl, need the Binaural reissue, then I’ll probably start on The Hip. Can’t wait to hear Day for Night on vinyl!!! 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    toolie said:
    toolie said:

They gave me pricing and let me know what was in stock and what was special order. Super good to deal with. Fast responses and they didn’t mock me for buying Billie Eilish. 
    They have a store in Calgary too, I only use Edmonton cause I’ve been there as couple times and their stock impressed me. 
    I haven’t started on the Hip yet - I have a couple. I just finished The Band catalog on vinyl, need the Binaural reissue, then I’ll probably start on The Hip. Can’t wait to hear Day for Night on vinyl!!! 
    You bet! Been to that one here. I had the opportunity to shop (by my lonesome) for a whole hour at a record shop last
    weekend. Private viewings because of COVID19.  I could have been there for two more hours lol. 
    I highly recommend the Day For Night 25th anniversary black vinyl given the half-speed mastering treatment at Abbey Road Studios.  It is some of the best sounding wax I own.  Beautiful copy. I’ve never thought to rank the Hip albums, but it’s up there for sure.  
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Just bought the new Fionna Apple album and SOAD Steal this Album.

Still looking for  QOTSA S/T for a decent price.  There was one for $70 that I slept on and it sold...
  • Options
    toolie said:
    toolie said:

You bet! Been to that one here. I had the opportunity to shop (by my lonesome) for a whole hour at a record shop last
    weekend. Private viewings because of COVID19.  I could have been there for two more hours lol. 
    I highly recommend the Day For Night 25th anniversary black vinyl given the half-speed mastering treatment at Abbey Road Studios.  It is some of the best sounding wax I own.  Beautiful copy. I’ve never thought to rank the Hip albums, but it’s up there for sure.  

Oh I remember when that when up on their site and I hesitated on pulling the pin and then it was gone!!! It's one I regret not buying for sure.

• Options
    toolie said:
    toolie said:
    toolie said:

Oh I remember when that when up on their site and I hesitated on pulling the pin and then it was gone!!! It's one I regret not buying for sure.

I’ve seen it in record stores as recently as six months ago here in Cowtown. There are probably copies still floating around 😎
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,681
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:

Nice Brian!

I hope you run across one!  .  This one should be reissued on vinyl.   It's so good, I would think it has to be one of these days. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I just preordered the new Jason Isbell album, Reunions, from my favorite local shop here in KC. It's an Orange LP with a poster. Very cool that he is releasing this to record stores a week early!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    mfc2006 said:
    I just preordered the new Jason Isbell album, Reunions, from my favorite local shop here in KC. It's an Orange LP with a poster. Very cool that he is releasing this to record stores a week early!
    I just ordered the same Isbell orange vinyl from Plan 9 here in VA. Also on order- The National High Violet 3 disc reissue Vinyl Me Please version, latest third man vault of De Stilji, Mofi reissue of Electric Warrior,  Analogue Productions reissue of A Love Supreme, Giant Steps reissue, tone poet series of money jungle and poppin', third man icky thump X, sponge rotting pinata, and the phish junta swirl reissue. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I just ordered the same Isbell orange vinyl from Plan 9 here in VA. Also on order- The National High Violet 3 disc reissue Vinyl Me Please version, latest third man vault of De Stilji, Mofi reissue of Electric Warrior,  Analogue Productions reissue of A Love Supreme, Giant Steps reissue, tone poet series of money jungle and poppin', third man icky thump X, sponge rotting pinata, and the phish junta swirl reissue. 
    Hey man, are you a C'ville or Richmond guy?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Richmond now but I went to UVA and grew up over the mountains in Augusta County. I have family in cville and love that area. I actually worked at Plan 9 in Lynchburg for a few months until it closed.
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wow! Nice haul!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    They have a ton of material so that helps.

I hope they start touring again.
    We're never too far away from some sort of release from the Brian Jonestown Massacre. The record last year was pretty good I thought. I didn't see them play live since, unfortunatley. But when this is over, I am sure they will begin to hit the road again to play nice long shows for us.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Richmond now but I went to UVA and grew up over the mountains in Augusta County. I have family in cville and love that area. I actually worked at Plan 9 in Lynchburg for a few months until it closed.
    Nice dude.  I'm in Glen Allen, right next to GAHS.  I don't like Plan 9 in Carytown very much, tbh.  But ever since Bill at BK Records in Willow Lawn retired, I've been forced to go there. They have a big selection, but I don't like they don't let you bring back used if they are bad.  BK did. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Nice dude.  I'm in Glen Allen, right next to GAHS.  I don't like Plan 9 in Carytown very much, tbh.  But ever since Bill at BK Records in Willow Lawn retired, I've been forced to go there. They have a big selection, but I don't like they don't let you bring back used if they are bad.  BK did. 
    I'm in Glen Allen too actually. Right of Hungary road near 7-Eleven. Small world.
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I'm in Glen Allen too actually. Right of Hungary road near 7-Eleven. Small world.
    You two should meet up and have Tea.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    But not yet!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Maybe we will,  and talk ill of you. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Did you get notice of love supreme being almost ready,  or are you just confirmed through the preorder?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Did you get notice of love supreme being almost ready,  or are you just confirmed through the preorder?

mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Nice dude.  I'm in Glen Allen, right next to GAHS.  I don't like Plan 9 in Carytown very much, tbh.  But ever since Bill at BK Records in Willow Lawn retired, I've been forced to go there. They have a 
    Just the preorder so far.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Maybe we will,  and talk ill of you. 
    It's always about me...
  • Options
    Where is everyone ordering vinyl from now?

I wanted to use Rough Trade but they aren't fulfilling any orders.
  • Options
    Where is everyone ordering vinyl from now?

I wanted to use Rough Trade but they aren't fulfilling any orders.
    If my local shop doesn't get it, I've been ordering from Bull Moose.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com