I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1347348350352353416

Comments

  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,981

    Depeche Mode - Sprirt

    What's your thoughts? I've read a couple of good reviews so far..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 18,632
    Used the importcd coupon and got:
    beatles: white album
    the doors: self titled
    the doors: waiting for the sun
    $54.93
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,268
    Gary Clark Jr. - Live North America 2016
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,655
    bflynn1 said:

    Gary Clark Jr. - Live North America 2016

    fantastic album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,268
    mfc2006 said:

    bflynn1 said:

    Gary Clark Jr. - Live North America 2016

    fantastic album
    Absolutely! Very happy with the sound on this one. Also happy that I finally got to see him live this last weekend at the Clapton shows. He did not disappoint, not that I expected him to.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,122
    bflynn1 said:

    Gary Clark Jr. - Live North America 2016

    Do the liner notes say which show each song was taken from?

    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013 •
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Chicago II 2018
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,268
    RS151862 said:

    bflynn1 said:

    Gary Clark Jr. - Live North America 2016

    Do the liner notes say which show each song was taken from?

    Just looked. They do not.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 26,936
    mcgruff10 said:

    Used the importcd coupon and got:
    beatles: white album
    the doors: self titled
    the doors: waiting for the sun
    $54.93

    Hey there, McG, what's new?

    I ordered an LP from importcd and it came is some of the worst packaging I've ever seen. The records was cracked clear through. They were cool about refunding including sending a postage-paid shipping label but I've become wary. Is this the same importcd as on eBay? How did you find their packaging to be?
    “Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find.”
    -Terry Tempest Williams
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.






  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 11,814
    brianlux said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    Used the importcd coupon and got:
    beatles: white album
    the doors: self titled
    the doors: waiting for the sun
    $54.93

    Hey there, McG, what's new?

    I ordered an LP from importcd and it came is some of the worst packaging I've ever seen. The records was cracked clear through. They were cool about refunding including sending a postage-paid shipping label but I've become wary. Is this the same importcd as on eBay? How did you find their packaging to be?
    Brian - I've ordered 20+ records from Import_cd both from Ebay and from Amazon. I've never had a bad experience. The packaging has always been first rate. Maybe you just go unlucky or they've improved since your incident. I've also returned something to them because the box had a little bend in it (manufacturing, it appeared) and the credit was timely.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,581
    mrussel1 said:

    brianlux said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    Used the importcd coupon and got:
    beatles: white album
    the doors: self titled
    the doors: waiting for the sun
    $54.93

    Hey there, McG, what's new?

    I ordered an LP from importcd and it came is some of the worst packaging I've ever seen. The records was cracked clear through. They were cool about refunding including sending a postage-paid shipping label but I've become wary. Is this the same importcd as on eBay? How did you find their packaging to be?
    Brian - I've ordered 20+ records from Import_cd both from Ebay and from Amazon. I've never had a bad experience. The packaging has always been first rate. Maybe you just go unlucky or they've improved since your incident. I've also returned something to them because the box had a little bend in it (manufacturing, it appeared) and the credit was timely.
    I've had nothing but good outcomes with import_cd and their off-shoots (CC Music and oddbanana) as well. I had an issue with very warped record once. Sent it back with an included return label and had a replacement within a couple of days.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,268
    Ryan Adams - Prisoner (Red Version)

    Eric Clapton - Slowhand (Mofi Version) A birthday present for a friend.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATXPosts: 1,218
    reesdog said:

    Depeche Mode - Sprirt

    What's your thoughts? I've read a couple of good reviews so far..
    Haven't listened to the vinyl yet so I can't comment on the sound of it but the album as a whole is a little meh for me. Not much in the way of catchy tunes. It'll need a few more listens for me to get into it as I usually end up liking anything Depeche Mode puts out.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,981

    reesdog said:

    Depeche Mode - Sprirt

    What's your thoughts? I've read a couple of good reviews so far..
    Haven't listened to the vinyl yet so I can't comment on the sound of it but the album as a whole is a little meh for me. Not much in the way of catchy tunes. It'll need a few more listens for me to get into it as I usually end up liking anything Depeche Mode puts out.
    Ok cheers, I might pick this one up..

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,981
    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,981
    New:

    The Cure ‎- Three Imaginary Boys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2016 Remastered reissue.

    Remastered by Robert Smith himself, a great album and pressing..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 46,854
    edited March 2017

    reesdog said:

    Depeche Mode - Sprirt

    What's your thoughts? I've read a couple of good reviews so far..
    Haven't listened to the vinyl yet so I can't comment on the sound of it but the album as a whole is a little meh for me. Not much in the way of catchy tunes. It'll need a few more listens for me to get into it as I usually end up liking anything Depeche Mode puts out.
    I love Depeche Mode, but I find this album much more boring than any of their others. I'm pretty disappointed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,655
    PJ_Soul said:

    reesdog said:

    Depeche Mode - Sprirt

    What's your thoughts? I've read a couple of good reviews so far..
    Haven't listened to the vinyl yet so I can't comment on the sound of it but the album as a whole is a little meh for me. Not much in the way of catchy tunes. It'll need a few more listens for me to get into it as I usually end up liking anything Depeche Mode puts out.
    I love Depeche Mode, but I find this album much more boring than any of their others. I'm pretty disappointed.
    Agreed. I've streamed it 3-4 times trying to get into it, but can't.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 18,632
    brianlux said:

    mcgruff10 said:

    Used the importcd coupon and got:
    beatles: white album
    the doors: self titled
    the doors: waiting for the sun
    $54.93

    Hey there, McG, what's new?

    I ordered an LP from importcd and it came is some of the worst packaging I've ever seen. The records was cracked clear through. They were cool about refunding including sending a postage-paid shipping label but I've become wary. Is this the same importcd as on eBay? How did you find their packaging to be?
    Hey bri!
    I ve ordered from them close to a dozen times; the packaging was great and the shipping was super quick. I ve had zero issues with them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. And yes they are the same importcd on eBay. Take care bud.
    Mike
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,069
    reesdog said:

    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    OOOH, Hows this sound?!?

    So I bought both Tom Petty Box sets...

    Volume 2 arrived the other day. I will say this. Packaging gets a big fat fuckin F. The opening is on the top and the gatefolds are packaged opening down so you can read the spine but this is stupid.

    The size of the box is bigger than the expedit shelf system that I have(formerly kalax) so the box won't fit in the damn cubicle!

    I'll be listening later on so I'll report back.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 11,814

    reesdog said:

    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    OOOH, Hows this sound?!?

    So I bought both Tom Petty Box sets...

    Volume 2 arrived the other day. I will say this. Packaging gets a big fat fuckin F. The opening is on the top and the gatefolds are packaged opening down so you can read the spine but this is stupid.

    The size of the box is bigger than the expedit shelf system that I have(formerly kalax) so the box won't fit in the damn cubicle!

    I'll be listening later on so I'll report back.
    I took each record out and have them stored in the new Tom Petty dedicated part of the shelf. Not only is the box itself too large for most shelves, but I wouldn't keep them in there anyway because you couldn't keep them in a sleeve and still fit I do not believe. I think the only way to protect them long term is out of the box.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,655
    mrussel1 said:

    reesdog said:

    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    OOOH, Hows this sound?!?

    So I bought both Tom Petty Box sets...

    Volume 2 arrived the other day. I will say this. Packaging gets a big fat fuckin F. The opening is on the top and the gatefolds are packaged opening down so you can read the spine but this is stupid.

    The size of the box is bigger than the expedit shelf system that I have(formerly kalax) so the box won't fit in the damn cubicle!

    I'll be listening later on so I'll report back.
    I took each record out and have them stored in the new Tom Petty dedicated part of the shelf. Not only is the box itself too large for most shelves, but I wouldn't keep them in there anyway because you couldn't keep them in a sleeve and still fit I do not believe. I think the only way to protect them long term is out of the box.
    Aside from it not sitting on the shelf, I like the packaging. But I also agree that they need to be taken out of the box & put in sleeves. Have you listened yet? Thoughts? I think they sound fucking awesome myself!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,069
    mfc2006 said:

    mrussel1 said:

    reesdog said:

    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    OOOH, Hows this sound?!?

    So I bought both Tom Petty Box sets...

    Volume 2 arrived the other day. I will say this. Packaging gets a big fat fuckin F. The opening is on the top and the gatefolds are packaged opening down so you can read the spine but this is stupid.

    The size of the box is bigger than the expedit shelf system that I have(formerly kalax) so the box won't fit in the damn cubicle!

    I'll be listening later on so I'll report back.
    I took each record out and have them stored in the new Tom Petty dedicated part of the shelf. Not only is the box itself too large for most shelves, but I wouldn't keep them in there anyway because you couldn't keep them in a sleeve and still fit I do not believe. I think the only way to protect them long term is out of the box.
    Aside from it not sitting on the shelf, I like the packaging. But I also agree that they need to be taken out of the box & put in sleeves. Have you listened yet? Thoughts? I think they sound fucking awesome myself!
    I just received Volume 1 today. I have a bunch of listening to do!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 31,655

    mfc2006 said:

    mrussel1 said:

    reesdog said:

    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    OOOH, Hows this sound?!?

    So I bought both Tom Petty Box sets...

    Volume 2 arrived the other day. I will say this. Packaging gets a big fat fuckin F. The opening is on the top and the gatefolds are packaged opening down so you can read the spine but this is stupid.

    The size of the box is bigger than the expedit shelf system that I have(formerly kalax) so the box won't fit in the damn cubicle!

    I'll be listening later on so I'll report back.
    I took each record out and have them stored in the new Tom Petty dedicated part of the shelf. Not only is the box itself too large for most shelves, but I wouldn't keep them in there anyway because you couldn't keep them in a sleeve and still fit I do not believe. I think the only way to protect them long term is out of the box.
    Aside from it not sitting on the shelf, I like the packaging. But I also agree that they need to be taken out of the box & put in sleeves. Have you listened yet? Thoughts? I think they sound fucking awesome myself!
    I just received Volume 1 today. I have a bunch of listening to do!
    Enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CAPosts: 7,623
    Genesis - Invisible Touch

    Van Halen - Fair Warning


    RIP America (1776-2016)
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,581
    R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 11,814
    mfc2006 said:

    mrussel1 said:

    reesdog said:

    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Reissue.

    OOOH, Hows this sound?!?

    So I bought both Tom Petty Box sets...

    Volume 2 arrived the other day. I will say this. Packaging gets a big fat fuckin F. The opening is on the top and the gatefolds are packaged opening down so you can read the spine but this is stupid.

    The size of the box is bigger than the expedit shelf system that I have(formerly kalax) so the box won't fit in the damn cubicle!

    I'll be listening later on so I'll report back.
    I took each record out and have them stored in the new Tom Petty dedicated part of the shelf. Not only is the box itself too large for most shelves, but I wouldn't keep them in there anyway because you couldn't keep them in a sleeve and still fit I do not believe. I think the only way to protect them long term is out of the box.
    Aside from it not sitting on the shelf, I like the packaging. But I also agree that they need to be taken out of the box & put in sleeves. Have you listened yet? Thoughts? I think they sound fucking awesome myself!
    Yeah man, I've listened to every one of them at least once. They all sound spectacular, even the 70's ones. Everything about the process is first rate. I think the box is first rate too, honestly.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,069
    Squirrel Nut Zippers Hot, Yo Yo-MA Silk Road Journey, Phantogram Three, Gary Clark Jr Live, Blind Melon Soup.

    First time listening to Soup. This album is all over the place. It's good. Shame though.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OHPosts: 1,092
    The Record Company
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 11,169

    The Record Company

    Does that mean your doing the MMJ shows in Cincinnati & Cleveland now?? :rock_on:

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OHPosts: 1,092
    derbydave said:

    The Record Company

    Does that mean your doing the MMJ shows in Cincinnati & Cleveland now?? :rock_on:
    I wish. Unfortunately that's a negative :(

    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
Sign In or Register to comment.