I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• reesdogreesdog Posts: 1,981
    smarchee said:

Very nice, anything by Nick Cave, you can't go wrong really. That man's a wordsmith and a dark genius.

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    Got this a few weeks ago when it came out, have been meaning to post it here...

New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Second-hand:
    Remastered reissue from 2008.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    reesdog said:

Got this a few weeks ago when it came out, have been meaning to post it here...

New:

Go is an awesome tune
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Screaming Trees
    Sweet Oblivion
    2015 reissue

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited September 2015

Theres an Odelay bootleg out there......idk about quality, but it might be a good "fill in" until a reissue or the lottery hits.

I don't do bootlegs, lol. ;)
    But the prices for the original pressing aren't actually out of control. They're a lot cheaper than one might think from what I can tell. I could get one for maybe $150 CAD for NM-, so that's not bad, and much less for more used copies (obviously)... The awesome 4LP boxset with the bonus material is a lot more, around $250 - $300 CAD, but still not completely mind blowing.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    PJ_Soul said:

Theres an Odelay bootleg out there......idk about quality, but it might be a good "fill in" until a reissue or the lottery hits.

But the prices for the original pressing aren't actually out of control. They're a lot cheaper than one might think from what I can tell. I could get one for maybe $150 CAD for NM-, so that's not bad, and much less for more used copies (obviously)... The awesome 4LP boxset with the bonus material is a lot more, around $250 - $300 CAD, but still not completely mind blowing.
    Got mine for $75 cdn shipped from the Bay before the dollar went to shit.

Original Bong Load sounds great while filling a Bong ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'll bet! I'm definitely going to have to pick this up soon enough.... and it will probably be right before another reissue is announced. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited September 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'll bet! I'm definitely going to have to pick this up soon enough.... and it will probably be right before another reissue is announced. :tongue:
    Usually how it works.
    I have a feeling the week after I buy my Benny they will reissue it!

Oh my buddy bailed so just Robby for Modest Mouse, gonna be great The next day I come home and see them again!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Vinyl snob. :blush:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Usually how it works.
    I have a feeling the week after I buy my Benny they will reissue it!

Oh my buddy bailed so just Robby for Modest Mouse, gonna be great The next day I come home and see them again!
    Oh, well if you want to hang with us at the show that would be cool! Text me tomorrow. :)
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh yeah, I never responded to this when you told me! Congrats!! :) Where did you get it?
    I reeeaaaaally want to get Odelay, but I haven't found the right deal at the right time yet. I would say I really want Sea Change as well, as abolutely love that album, but it's too expensive for me to consider at the moment.

I paid $80, at a record shop. I chatted up the guy and he was going through his recent buys but not yet put on the floor and he asked if I was in the market for Sea Change and I flushed lol
    He said I need to get $ 80 and I said no problem

It sounds incredible
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Mad Season/Seattle Symphony's Sonic Evolution on red and black splatter vinyl
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    dankind said:

Mad Season/Seattle Symphony's Sonic Evolution on red and black splatter vinyl

Awesome.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2015
    Mad Season/Seattle Symphony's Sonic Evolution
    Mad Season Live at the Moore.

Moore sounds amazing, Sonic Evolution, meh
  • Blitzen Trapper - All Across This Land (preorder)

Against Me! - White Crosses

Brandi Carlile - The Story (bday gift for the wife)
    2009 EU reissue on Music On Vinyl
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,728
    Euphoria Mourning-Sounds great on vinyl!
  • reesdog said:

smarchee said:

Very nice, anything by Nick Cave, you can't go wrong really. That man's a wordsmith and a dark genius.

I lucked out and won free tix to his ACL taping last year. Was about 3 feet away from him. He's a cool dude.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited September 2015

reesdog said:

smarchee said:

I lucked out and won free tix to his ACL taping last year. Was about 3 feet away from him. He's a cool dude.
    Saw him in Vancouver last year and he was probably the coolest person I have ever seen on stage. He was mesmermizing. That is a guy with a strong presence for sure. I would never miss him if he came to town.
    PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

smarchee said:

Saw him in Vancouver last year and he was probably the coolest person I have ever seen on stage. He was mesmermizing. That is a guy with a strong presence for sure. I would never miss him if he came to town.
    Absolutely agree! Saw him with the Bad Seeds here in Auckland at the end of last year, it was in an old theatre setting, perfect for Nick Cave. Would have to be one of the best gig's I've ever seen, he was taking request's from the audience pretty much the entire show, no set list, stalking the stage like a mad preacher man. I saw women crying in the crowd, his stage presence is unreal.
    New:

Joy Division - Still.
    Remastered reissue.
    QOTSA Lullabies to Paralize original
    Jimi Hendrix Freedom/Atlanta 200g numbered
    Mad Season-Live at the Moore
    Supertramp-Crime of the Century- Audiophile

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    David Gilmour-Rattle That Lock
    Tweedy-Sukierae
    New Basement Tapes-Lost On The River....also picked up the "making of" doc bluray.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Both Mad Seasons
    Dead Weather: Dodge & Burn (regular and vault **with sweet tote bag**)
    Phish: Junta and Rift
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Metallica - S&M
    Led Zeppelin - IV
    Muse - 2nd Law
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
    reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

smarchee said:

Absolutely agree! Saw him with the Bad Seeds here in Auckland at the end of last year, it was in an old theatre setting, perfect for Nick Cave. Would have to be one of the best gig's I've ever seen, he was taking request's from the audience pretty much the entire show, no set list, stalking the stage like a mad preacher man. I saw women crying in the crowd, his stage presence is unreal.
    Yeah, at the one I saw he kept climbing out into the crowd and walking all through it on the armrests of the seats while the crowd fed him his mic cord, performing a few songs out in the middle of the theatre and just being awesome. It was so cool.
    PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

PJ_Soul said:

reesdog said:

smarchee said:

Yeah, at the one I saw he kept climbing out into the crowd and walking all through it on the armrests of the seats while the crowd fed him his mic cord, performing a few songs out in the middle of the theatre and just being awesome. It was so cool.
    Thats cool. Yep he definitely gives it everything, has to be one of the best of all time...

New:

Thee Oh Sees ‎- Carrion Crawler / The Dream EP.

Really good album this...