Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    reesdog wrote:
    Nice haul! How's that Kurt Vile, similar to his last album?

it's just a 8 song EP with a couple of new songs, an extended version of Snowflakes Are Dancing and reprise of Never Run Away and a different version of Never Run Away

don't rush out to get it, but if you love Wakin On a Pretty Daze, it would be a nice compliment

(ps I love Wakin On A Pretty Daze, it is my #1 album of 2013)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Listening to Kurt Vile now; reminds me more of his work from Smoke Ring For My Halo rather than a continuation of Waking On A Pretty Daze.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    all_zpsf19c903e.jpg

aajimi_zps84a35bc1.jpg

Replacements, "All Shook Down", RSD release!

Hendrix: "Live at Winterland" Performances from a weekend of Experience gigs at Winterland in San Francisco. I was at one of the shows so this is really great to have!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    I've been bust the last month and a half. Between moving, work and traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, I haven't had much time to post my latest goodies. Anyway, here they are:

IMG_20131208_140311351_zpst7kvbuam.jpg

Mostly RSD scores, with help from Chief Broom and adusick. Thanks fellas! Also picked up the Brad Interiors reissue for half off. Burl Ives and Elvis Christmas albums were gifts from a friend and they sound awesome! 'Tis the season!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Mark Lanegan--Imitations
    Civil Wars--Between The Bars 10"
    Elliott Smith--Needle In The Hay 7"
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Mark Lanegan--Imitations

nice additions buddy :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    smarchee wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Mark Lanegan--Imitations

nice additions buddy :D

Thanks! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    smarchee wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    Nice haul! How's that Kurt Vile, similar to his last album?

it's just a 8 song EP with a couple of new songs, an extended version of Snowflakes Are Dancing and reprise of Never Run Away and a different version of Never Run Away

don't rush out to get it, but if you love Wakin On a Pretty Daze, it would be a nice compliment

(ps I love Wakin On A Pretty Daze, it is my #1 album of 2013)
    Cheers Smarch, might grab it, but so many others I'm wanting more… Nice choice on 'Wakin' being your album on 2013, I'd have to agree, really love that record, definitely top 3 for me!
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

Hendrix: "Live at Winterland" Performances from a weekend of Experience gigs at Winterland in San Francisco. I was at one of the shows so this is really great to have!
    Wow, you saw Hendrix live Brian…..Sweet!

You must be the only person I know that has, and I don't even really know you! :clap:
  • Options
    Never listened to this before, but heard many a good thing about it, plus a big hardback book I got recently, The 100 Best Albums Of All Time, has this at number 17...

Second-hand:
    28umyvs.jpg
    180gram reissue, Limited Edition from 2008.

168anmw.jpg
  • Options
    Kurt Vile.... Philly's finest!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Wow, you saw Hendrix live Brian…..Sweet!

You must be the only person I know that has, and I don't even really know you! :clap:

I was lucky to have friends in high school that were really hip to good music. A friend of mine got me tickets to one of the '68 shows at Winterland. It was wild. One my favorite memories of that show was standing outside waiting to get in and listening to Jimi doing sound check. He was running through some other worldly riffs that sounded like the gods making love in a hurricane- swirling sounds reverberating out into the night sky. Just breathtaking and truly awesome. The show inside was exciting, dynamic and amazing and at times the sheer force of his playing was almost brutal. On some numbers it was as though he was hurling fire balls of sound at us. During a break while road crew members worked frantically to get his amp working Jimi sat down behind Mitch's set and improvised some weird percussive bits on the drums. At the end of the shows Jimi had had it with his amp giving him trouble and at the end of Foxy Lady he flashed us the peace sign and charge his Marshall stack with his Strat, created a maelstrom of feedback and made damn sure those speaker cabs would never vex him again. I walked out of that hall in a euphoric daze.

The second time I saw Jimi was 8 months later at the Northern California Folk-Rock Festival, Santa Clara in 1969. The sound wasn't so good from where I was standing- pretty far back- and the crowd huge and a bit overwhelming but it was a good show and a treat to see Jimi again.

Now this will sound a bit strange I know but shortly after Hendrix died I had a dream where he was playing right in front of me. It was dark except for a spot light on Jimi and he was playing much like the sound check for that first show- very other worldly again- only more personal and clear and it was all things I'd never heard before. I really can't explain it very well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    brianlux wrote:
    I was lucky to have friends in high school that were really hip to good music. A friend of mine got me tickets to one of the '68 shows at Winterland. It was wild. One my favorite memories of that show was standing outside waiting to get in and listening to Jimi doing sound check. He was running through some other worldly riffs that sounded like the gods making love in a hurricane- swirling sounds reverberating out into the night sky. Just breathtaking and truly awesome. The show inside was exciting, dynamic and amazing and at times the sheer force of his playing was almost brutal. On some numbers it was as though he was hurling fire balls of sound at us. During a break while road crew members worked frantically to get his amp working Jimi sat down behind Mitch's set and improvised some weird percussive bits on the drums. At the end of the shows Jimi had had it with his amp giving him trouble and at the end of Foxy Lady he flashed us the peace sign and charge his Marshall stack with his Strat, created a maelstrom of feedback and made damn sure those speaker cabs would never vex him again. I walked out of that hall in a euphoric daze.

The second time I saw Jimi was 8 months later at the Northern California Folk-Rock Festival, Santa Clara in 1969. The sound wasn't so good from where I was standing- pretty far back- and the crowd huge and a bit overwhelming but it was a good show and a treat to see Jimi again.

Now this will sound a bit strange I know but shortly after Hendrix died I had a dream where he was playing right in front of me. It was dark except for a spot light on Jimi and he was playing much like the sound check for that first show- very other worldly again- only more personal and clear and it was all things I'd never heard before. I really can't explain it very well.
    Oh man, your description of waiting outside for the Winterland show was incredible. It almost seems like he wasn't human at all. It's great you were able to see Jimi live.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 795
    Stone Temple Pilots - Core (Yellow)
    Queens Of The Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork (Black on black)
    Pearl Jam - 1992 Broadcasts
    Rush - Garden (picturedisc single)
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    reesdog wrote:
    Never listened to this before, but heard many a good thing about it, plus a big hardback book I got recently, The 100 Best Albums Of All Time, has this at number 17...

Second-hand:
    28umyvs.jpg
    180gram reissue, Limited Edition from 2008.

168anmw.jpg

It's a doozy. Discovered the band a few years ago and got that album. It's mindblowingly great. A master class of Americana. Just a great band through and through.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Big day

Fuzz - Live in S.F (clear vinyl)
    Thee Oh Sees - Singles Vol. 3 (Strawberry splash on clear)
    Katy Perry - Prism
    TV on the Radio - Mercy 12"
    Raconteurs - Live at the Ryman (TMR Vault)
    TMR Vault 45 box.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    $T2eC16JHJGMFFpNOocJMBSGodUtv!!~~60_1.JPG

From Ten Club - black vinyl

Portada-Drive-All-Night-Glen-Hansard.jpg

Glen Hansard - Drive All Night
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Picked up Lanegan - Imitations, Howlin Wolf - The London sessions (finally - YAY!!!) and the Beatles at Easy Street in Seattle. This was like the perfect record store. Loved it. They had freaking everything!

Rockabye PJ waited for us in the mail when we came home. It's on yellow wax. Love it. Does anybody know if they all came in yellow or were there different colours?

Kitty picked her fave already :lol:
    seattle_haul_zps21305698.jpg
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Picked up Lanegan - Imitations, Howlin Wolf - The London sessions (finally - YAY!!!) and the Beatles at Easy Street in Seattle. This was like the perfect record store. Loved it. They had freaking everything!

Rockabye PJ waited for us in the mail when we came home. It's on yellow wax. Love it. Does anybody know if they all came in yellow or were there different colours?

Our Rockabye PJ was yellow, too. All the other ones I've seen are yellow, too.

I so want to go to Easy Street - glad you got to go!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options

Kitty picked a great one.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Oh man, your description of waiting outside for the Winterland show was incredible. It almost seems like he wasn't human at all. It's great you were able to see Jimi live.
    Thats an awesome story Brian, you are one lucky dude! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Big day

Fuzz - Live in S.F (clear vinyl)

any word on a black repress?....never mind just checked and it's up.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    What's the best Hendrix live album to get on vinyl?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    boyo79 wrote:

I really like the Woodstock release from a few years ago, but it's always been my favorite jamming.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I really like the Woodstock release from a few years ago, but it's always been my favorite jamming.
    Band of Gypsys is pretty damn great, as well.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Both good picks. Others to watch for are "Live at Winterland", "Hendrix in the West" on Polydor and "The Jimi Hendrix Concerts" on Reprise (used only as far as I know but both relatively affordable). "Live at Clark University" is also quite good and available new but on vinyl fairly expensive and only about 28 minutes in length. The CD version adds a lot of time by way of interviews.

A recent release (which I'm pretty sure Santa is bringing me :D ) is "Miami Pop Festival". What I've heard sounds good.

If I had to pick only one of these it would probably be "Band of Gypsies" for the amazing performance of "Machine Gun" alone although "The Jimi Hendrix Concerts" would also be a strong contender as its a two record set with a lot of great performances. But "In the West" is great too. Unfortunately for you pocket book, once you get started, you'll want them all. :lol:

• Options
    Yes! :D Finally get my hands on one of my favourite albums ever on vinyl! If you don't know this band/album, I can't recommend it highly enough, it's so good. The debut album from 'Doves', a great band from the north of England. Quite a moody, atmospheric and dark sound, yet also uplifting with great musicianship and lyrics.

Second-hand:
    2sbaicy.jpg
    Original from 2000 in primo condition.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Mad Season's Locomotive turned up in the mail today. Black vinyl. Love the sleeve design :)
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    brianlux wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Both good picks. Others to watch for are "Live at Winterland", "Hendrix in the West" on Polydor and "The Jimi Hendrix Concerts" on Reprise (used only as far as I know but both relatively affordable). "Live at Clark University" is also quite good and available new but on vinyl fairly expensive and only about 28 minutes in length. The CD version adds a lot of time by way of interviews.

A recent release (which I'm pretty sure Santa is bringing me :D ) is "Miami Pop Festival". What I've heard sounds good.

If I had to pick only one of these it would probably be "Band of Gypsies" for the amazing performance of "Machine Gun" alone although "The Jimi Hendrix Concerts" would also be a strong contender as its a two record set with a lot of great performances. But "In the West" is great too. Unfortunately for you pocket book, once you get started, you'll want them all. :lol:

Thanks for the advice guys, my local store has a few Hendrix LPs in so I'll have a look. I have several of his albums on cd but wanna get a live one on vinyl :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Completed the MOV re-issue on colored vinyl trilogy for STP: