Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    mfc2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    there are 2 gifts under the tree that I can tell are records! :)

ohhhh, so distracting, can you stop yourself from staring ? :lol:

I actually picked one up to feel the weight & my wife caught me. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: hilarious
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    mfc2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I actually picked one up to feel the weight & my wife caught me. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Awesome!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Third Man Records - Sun Records Reissue Bundle 2 - D. A. Hunt/ Roy Orbison/ Jerry Lee Lewis

The Raconteurs - Consolers Of The Lonely

The+Raconteurs+-+Consolers+Of+The+Lonely+-+CD+ALBUM-431603.jpg
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

It's a pizza
  • Options
    Third Man Records - Sun Records Reissue Bundle 2 - D. A. Hunt/ Roy Orbison/ Jerry Lee Lewis

Love love. Love this vinyl
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

Ummm yeah, really good stuff.

I've got a few packages under the tree that are either calendars or records and my little girl informed me that there is a small record at the in-laws. My wife has the same taste and the in-laws have gotten me some pretty cool old singles from junk shops int he past, so looking like a sweet vinyl-y Christmas around here. It's about impossible to keep them disguised.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Pearl Jam>1991 X-Mas single>Let Me Sleep

I didn't actually pick it up. I was LUCKY it was given to me as a GIFT! I now have every X-Mas single.

A SPECIAL THANKS goes to PJ_SOUL for this GIFT> :D:D
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    That's awesome, cutz. Cheers to PJ Soul, too.

Not to steal your thunder, just add to it... I walked into my local shop the other day, not really looking for anything in particular, and there it was up on a shelf...

1991.jpg

Early Christmas present to me :D

Also picked up Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band/ live '75-'85 (5 lp set)
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    What does that 7" go for these days?
  • Options
    cutz wrote:
    Pearl Jam>1991 X-Mas single>Let Me Sleep

I didn't actually pick it up. I was LUCKY it was given to me as a GIFT! I now have every X-Mas single.

A SPECIAL THANKS goes to PJ_SOUL for this GIFT> :D:D

Wow!! :-o :clap::clap:
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I haven't "just picked up", I picked up on 5th December specifically because that was the day we made it to Easy Street &&&& I got the last blue copy of the Temple of the Dog re-issue they had!! :D I'd e-mailed them ahead of coming over to the States to get them to put a copy aside for me & when I got to the shop & asked for it at the counter the guy said "you're going to like this. We put the last blue copy aside for you!" Isn't that cool!?!?!? 8-) It's marbled blue too. Very nice. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    What does that 7" go for these days?

I picked it up for $75. Some on Discogs for around $130. Another on ebay for $200 I think.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:
    8vt0d4.jpg
    Re-issue from 1987, NM condition all round with the proper inner sleeve. :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Just want to say a massive Merry Christmas to all the awesome people that frequent this great thread, have a good one! :wave: :D
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    reesdog wrote:
    Just want to say a massive Merry Christmas to all the awesome people that frequent this great thread, have a good one! :wave: :D

You too! We made a PJ-inspired christmas card this year. I think it perfectly fits in this thread ... 1af289f5-073c-4bae-af6c-85f9e2590bd4_zps2f060987.jpg

Happy holidays and a merry christmas, fellow waxers :wave:

And good choice with the Sticky Fingers, this album is a staple in our house (and we are not really Stones fans) :thumbup:
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    DewieCox wrote:

Ummm yeah, really good stuff.

Yes, thanks! Can't wait to spin. Power is out from the major ice storm, here in Lansing.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    reesdog wrote:

Merry Christmas to you too reesdog

any everyone in this thread

hope you all get some Christmas $$$ for some new wax and post your pics here :D:D8-)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Hobbes wrote:
    That's awesome, cutz. Cheers to PJ Soul, too.

Not to steal your thunder, just add to it... I walked into my local shop the other day, not really looking for anything in particular, and there it was up on a shelf...

1991.jpg
    a
    Early Christmas present to me :D

Also picked up Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band/ live '75-'85 (5 lp set)

Not stealing anything. Nothing but wax love in here> :D

Man, that's really kool that you walked into your local shop and got that single> :D
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to all you of you...I suspect this thread will be blowing up post xmas :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    morello wrote:
    I haven't "just picked up", I picked up on 5th December specifically because that was the day we made it to Easy Street &&&& I got the last blue copy of the Temple of the Dog re-issue they had!! :D I'd e-mailed them ahead of coming over to the States to get them to put a copy aside for me & when I got to the shop & asked for it at the counter the guy said "you're going to like this. We put the last blue copy aside for you!" Isn't that cool!?!?!? 8-) It's marbled blue too. Very nice. :)

They did it on blue? Is it the MOV pressing?
  • Options
    morello wrote:

Yes & yes. I'll take a pic later on & post it.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    morello wrote:
    morello wrote:

Yes & yes. I'll take a pic later on & post it.
    :think: Did a quick search on this because I had never heard of a blue one, and am having some trouble coming up with anything clear. I can't find anything suggesting that MOV released this, so I'm pretty sure they didn't, just because I would think we'd all know about it and it would be an obvious search result online. I saw a few things suggesting that AM might have released it though, but can't say that it's an official release or a bootleg from what my search is coming up with.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Here Korn Threads and grooves, Freak on a leash 7
  • Options
    Popmarket.com has a White Stripes package deal happening right now - all of these albums for $86, free shipping. Don't have any White Stripes, so this worked out nicely. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6h_kIs78sPg0TN7IuBxM58s2I5YT0rbgnBY75fkHidxsDUXbd

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVMaXPgnb705gKMMyU_U0aojui9H3ouRR7-lJYJxVNtRR_F_L7Tg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7qfQH2AP21V35DbCaZotXAiJPEuEa5e9c_9UdLJ78vEXeQNfKJQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6OkMycCCcRv8twi_iCgUnZHjD5uxZXUVi94WfxGYwqPEkm_oe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwkW1ZdEQjxj_JXblzKMOEJouafO0Gbno-xVqAdxGheS8t_Ffi

I also got the deluxe edition of ...Like Clockwork - I really wanted the lyrics booklet! So now I can give my regular version to someone without. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :think: Did a quick search on this because I had never heard of a blue one, and am having some trouble coming up with anything clear. I can't find anything suggesting that MOV released this, so I'm pretty sure they didn't, just because I would think we'd all know about it and it would be an obvious search result online. I saw a few things suggesting that AM might have released it though, but can't say that it's an official release or a bootleg from what my search is coming up with.

Maybe they're mistaking the purple version for blue?
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Maybe they're mistaking the purple version for blue.
    No, I actually saw a photo of a blue one - it's powder blue with marbling. I just think it's a bootleg.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Maybe they're mistaking the purple version for blue.
    No, I actually saw a photo of a blue one - it's powder blue with marbling. I just think it's a bootleg.

Yeah, I just seen that. There's a thread on the Hoffman forum and it's pretty clearly a bootleg. Looks cool and if lucky, maybe I sounds good too.
  • Options
    Santa was FAB for me this morning! :D
    20131225_104004.jpg

& the PURPLE(not blue) TotD I got at Easy Street:
    20131225_104502.jpg
    <hr>
  • Options
    BandOfSkullssleeve_01.jpg