Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Went to one of my locals for the Black Friday releases, saw the black "Like Clockwork…" on the shelf, but passed on that as already have two other versions. Couldn't resist this though and was the last one there…
    2lvijk1.jpg
    Cut at 45 speed, wow sounds wicked! :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    reesdog wrote:
    Went to one of my locals for the Black Friday releases, saw the black "Like Clockwork…" on the shelf, but passed on that as already have two other versions. Couldn't resist this though and was the last one there…
    2lvijk1.jpg

Nice :thumbup: I got this one on beige vinyl in Toronto when I was there for PJ in 2011. Haven't really spun it a lot though ... I think I'd rather have a Incesticide. Love that one.
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    I was first in line this morning (by a long shot...I guess it was too cold for some people, or they didn't know about this) but I was able to secure

Dave Matthews Band: Live Trax 2 & 3
    The Civil Wars: Between The Bars
    Jack Johnson: Live at Third Man Records
    Dawes: Stripped at Grimeys
    Brandi Carlile/Lone Bellow 7"
    Jason Isbell/John Paul White 7"

A friend of mine grabbed the Charles Bradley 7" for me.
    I'm loving The Civil Wars' cover of Billy Jean
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:
    2lvijk1.jpg

Nice :thumbup: I got this one on beige vinyl in Toronto when I was there for PJ in 2011. Haven't really spun it a lot though ... I think I'd rather have a Incesticide. Love that one.
    Incesticide is a really good album, must get that on vinyl at some point. In Utero is my fave Nirvana though, never tire of hearing it, so this limited release was a no-brainer for me. :)
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    No Code (sealed, mint condition)

nice
    cheers, I got a great deal on this one :thumbup:
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Gonna have to get that Nirvana 2013 press, droollllllllllllll............
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    smarchee wrote:
    # 7
    Michael Jackson "Bad"
    (1987)
    t6c6eu.jpg
    I had to get this as soon as i knew it was out in vinyl, then i sung and danced to it like a drunk chicken was so excited for the upcoming release in honestly its a shame he's not around anymore :cry:
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
    oes4.jpg

Gave up waiting for Ten Club to make good with my non-delivery and did what I should have done a couple of months ago - bought it from my local independent record shop. Sounds awesome! :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    Got that puuurrrrdy black ...Like Clockwork. A purchase 100% made by the collector inside of me! Although you can't have too many of these. My red cover one will wear out! ........ Ashamed to say, but now i also want the blue one to complete the set. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    buck502000 wrote:

I kinda feel the same way.......
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    JWPearl wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    # 7
    Michael Jackson "Bad"
    (1987)
    t6c6eu.jpg
    I had to get this as soon as i knew it was out in vinyl, then i sung and danced to it like a drunk chicken was so excited for the upcoming release in honestly its a shame he's not around anymore :cry:

I need to get Off The Wall next, then Dangerous
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Got that puuurrrrdy black ...Like Clockwork. A purchase 100% made by the collector inside of me! Although you can't have too many of these. My red cover one will wear out! ........ Ashamed to say, but now i also want the blue one to complete the set. :lol:

:fp: :fp:

;)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:fp: :fp:

;)
    Oh, what was I going to do? Not buy it?? Come on, you know me better than that. :lol: :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    It's such a great album isn't it, definitely in my top 3 of the year! I have the blue one, but that black on black looks niiiiiice from the pics I've seen.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    It's such a great album isn't it, definitely in my top 3 of the year! I have the blue one, but that black on black looks niiiiiice from the pics I've seen.
    Yes, it's a phenomenal album! No question for me that it's album of the year.... i also think it's the album of the decade so far! I just love it!! Even a Stong contender for favorite album of my life, which i will consolidate on my death bed, lol. Going to spin it right now.... three times in a row. :lol:

ONLY complaint: I really with they'd done an etching on side 4. The album just isn't long enough to be spread amongst 4 sides. Wish they had kept it to 3 sides like they did with Lullabies to Paralyze.
  • Options
    In that case maybe you should get that red one...just to have the set :lol:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    In that case maybe you should get that red one...just to have the set :lol:
    Have the red, need the blue! You're right, I should have it. :lol:
  • Options
    The blue one is very nice...

DO IT DO IT DO IT

:D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    The blue one, heh :think:

I love the red one, the blue one kind of never tickled my fancy. But hmmm ...
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    buck502000 wrote:

I kinda feel the same way.......
    As Nike would say…….Just do it! ;)
  • Options

Your probably going to hate this haha! But, the full set would include BOTH red one's, the standard and the deluxe… :D
  • Options
    reesdog wrote:

Your probably going to hate this haha! But, the full set would include BOTH red one's, the standard and the deluxe… :D
    :lol: You know, I don't even know which one i have. What distinguishes the regular red from the deluxe?
  • Options
    Reg is prob on just one record?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Reg is prob on just one record?
    I wish!!! No, i don't think that's it. I think they're all 2LPs.
  • Options
    In addition to my Black Friday purchases of STP Core & Purple, Jack Johnson Live @ TMR, U2 Mandela, & Mad Season 7". I found this (unofficial record) today at another Record Store that I just couldn't pass up.
    B5F4473E-9EC4-4B59-B8A9-EE2799A2281F.jpg
    A1 Introduction
    A2 Do The Evolution
    A3 Given To Fly
    A4 Pilate
    A5 Wishlist
    A6 Brain Of J
    A7 In Hiding
    B1 Spin The Black Circle
    B2 Nothingman
    B3 Phone Conversation With Matt Lukin
    B4 Low Vibe (Performed By Mudhoney)
    B5 Buttercup (Performed By Brad)
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    reesdog wrote:

:lol: You know, I don't even know which one i have. What distinguishes the regular red from the deluxe?
    Damned, reesdog :lol: I have the deluxe. A sturdy, thick cover with a thick booklet. I think the regular one is not as sturdy...

I think two will be enough. I really like the both that I have the best :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    Damned, reesdog :lol: I have the deluxe. A sturdy, thick cover with a thick booklet. I think the regular one is not as sturdy...

I think two will be enough. I really like the both that I have the best :)
    Hehe, sorry to be a corrector Leezestar! ;) Yeah the red deluxe comes with a big booklet and is cut at 45rpm's and the other doesn't have the booklet. Does the black one have a booklet?
  • Options
    Some good punk records:

A Wilhelm Scream - PartyCrasher
    The Swellers - The Light Under Closed Doors

Both are great albums. Do buy. The Swellers are a mix of 90's Skate Punk + Weezer (Blue/Pinkerton) era sound.. really good. AWS is just fast, technical, metal infused riffs punk rock. Awesome lyrics, major talent. Top notch musicianship across the board.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I got lucky with the blue cover.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Moby "Innocents"
    (2013)

x2l5p4.jpg
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto