I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,064
    358ufl2.jpg

How is it????? Looks cool. :thumbup:

It's easily the most detailed and gorgeous set I've ever seen/bought. I cancelled my PS4 order to get it and I think I made the right decision. I've only played 2 of the LPs, but it sounds really well done. The case is about 20lbs. It's incredibly solid. The upholstered interior is quality. The hardback book is really nice and the catalog is cool. The book for the LPs is unbelievable. The joints to it seem fragile, but are really cool. The jointers are laser etched Ina. Way so that he wood is flexible to open like a book.

Awesome! Enjoy!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • reesdogreesdog Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:
    2n89254.jpg
    Mudhoney - Since We've Become Translucent.

Original from 2002.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • 41Qu0yHhVBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

180 gram Audiophile reissue, can't wait to hear this one
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,723
    Temple of the Dog, #3303
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    TOTD Purple vinyl #1721! Sounds Amazing! Now putting on MLB reissue.... :thumbup:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Excited to be hitting up a record show tomorrow. Apparently there is going to be a nice collection that has not seen the light of day for three decades. I'll post my finds later tomorrow!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Excited to be hitting up a record show tomorrow. Apparently there is going to be a nice collection that has not seen the light of day for three decades. I'll post my finds later tomorrow!

I am off to a record show this morning, hopefully I can dig out a treasure or two. :thumbup:
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    41Qu0yHhVBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

180 gram Audiophile reissue, can't wait to hear this one
    That album cover reminds me of this:

clockwork-orange-us-edition.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    l2k9.jpg
    Nature drunk and High
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,608
    Been ordering too many records lately. I have about a half a dozen en route.

Got my TOTD yesterday. Sounds great. You are slowly winning me over MOV.
  • 4475099.jpg

4470458.jpg
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
    Spags wrote:
    l2k9.jpg
    Arcade Fire's new one right, I've heard good things about this, what's your first impressions?
  • My record show haul today.

minutemen_84.jpg

84299835.jpg

soundgarden_the_telephantasm.jpg

R.E.M._-_Lifes_Rich_Pageant.jpg
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
    My record show haul today.

minutemen_84.jpg

84299835.jpg

soundgarden_the_telephantasm.jpg

R.E.M._-_Lifes_Rich_Pageant.jpg
    Very nice pick up's! :thumbup:
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    reesdog wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    l2k9.jpg
    Arcade Fire's new one right, I've heard good things about this, what's your first impressions?

Its a great package, like a weird art project where the band has become a new group called The Reflektors who play 80s music. I really enjoyed it, was a surprise and that's kind of rare these days. The girl speaking French is super cool too.
    Nature drunk and High
    Second-hand:
    orkkyc.jpg
    Original from 1991.
  • reesdog wrote:
    Second-hand:
    orkkyc.jpg
    Original from 1991.

Almost bought the reissue of this yesterday. Had it in my hands. Great album, and original too!
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Beatles, BBC Volume 2. And to the first few who buy in person an uber, ultra, limited EP.(if your store is worthy).
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    reesdog wrote:
    Second-hand:
    orkkyc.jpg
    Original from 1991.

Almost bought the reissue of this yesterday. Had it in my hands. Great album, and original too!
    You should have grabbed it, brilliant album, apparently one of Dave Grohl's favourite's of all time. In fact all the Pixies albums are great. :)
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    Beatles, BBC Volume 2. And to the first few who buy in person an uber, ultra, limited EP.(if your store is worthy).

Congrats and nice score! What was the EP and what did it contain?
  • nomarnomar Posts: 66
    I'm picking up that Beatles BBC 2 tomorrow. Excited for it. I'm also interested in the 7 inch.

I have no idea how to post pics (sad really). So here are my latest couple which I'm greatly enjoying:

Jake Bellows "New Ocean" - a Saddle Creek artist that went away and came back with this very enjoyable album.

Into It. Over It. "Intersections" - a local Chicago guy who is in about 5 bands but records solo material under this name. I'm loving this.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,881
    Recent buys:

Good News for People Who Love - Modest Mouse
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQitIAEOQQhH55T-IqzNyE1RmXBiKo0HHIqLaHoissHxrTxOFFI

We Were Dead Before the Ship E - Modest Mouse
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNh3ikmEvvBxR3YNRQUNJUi_TtNWHnhSHaChsi8sqUTyy4lCfE

No One's First and You're Next - Modest Mouse
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREy0VZTTB1V6hTTw4sQQirv6oqH9GJ3GGoxkRON_r1E6SsjYHv

Sad Sappy Sucker - Modest Mouse (Went on a Modest Mouse kick finally! :) )
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Oufb6WLnpX_8alXkrkRPbmyWlOaBFGdoS_dpX4MtGefyKGAl

Drive All Night EP - Glen Hansard
    51OUB1G%2BB4L._SY100_.jpg

LB Sevens
    6378.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Just got my TOTD purple etched limited from Music Record Shop. If you've never heard of or used them, do it! They ship fast and cheap as well as safe. Comes in a sturdy oversized cardboard mailer, slotted with bubble wrap. Difficult to damage. Also now waiting for my SG FOPP re-release ordered directly from Sub-Pop. And I have a copy of the yellow Core from STP on hold at my local shop. Looking forward to RSD Black Friday!
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
    Missoula 8/22/24
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwNdrCwRwsvrcRaCR7DMIqUCX_fIcHCDDVT2bHQYsfY6FKIiEF

Chuckhaint wrote:
    Just got my TOTD purple etched limited from Music Record Shop. If you've never heard of or used them, do it! They ship fast and cheap as well as safe. Comes in a sturdy oversized cardboard mailer, slotted with bubble wrap. Difficult to damage. Also now waiting for my SG FOPP re-release ordered directly from Sub-Pop. And I have a copy of the yellow Core from STP on hold at my local shop. Looking forward to RSD Black Friday!
    Is that the Superunknown picture disc you're waiting for? Anyone have any comments about how picture discs play? Do they sound good?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    Just got my TOTD purple etched limited from Music Record Shop. If you've never heard of or used them, do it! They ship fast and cheap as well as safe. Comes in a sturdy oversized cardboard mailer, slotted with bubble wrap. Difficult to damage. Also now waiting for my SG FOPP re-release ordered directly from Sub-Pop. And I have a copy of the yellow Core from STP on hold at my local shop. Looking forward to RSD Black Friday!
    Is that the Superunknown picture disc you're waiting for? Anyone have any comments about how picture discs play? Do they sound good?

Sorry. I meant the screaming life EP by soundgarden. That is not superunknown. I was lucky to order early enough I should be getting the limited clear version. As for picture discs, I've heard that they as we'll as all colored vinyl are less superior in sound to black. I only have RATM on pic disc and I think it sounds fine. I do like that records sound better but I'm more into the whole process of playing the record, having to listen to the entire album as intended by the artist and flipping it over. Kind of a ritualistic idea. So I don't really care if the vinyl is black, colored, or pic except that colored and pics are cool!
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
    Missoula 8/22/24
  • Hobbes wrote:

DUDE!!! Mine is #1570 !
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
    Missoula 8/22/24
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Chuckhaint wrote:

Sorry. I meant the screaming life EP by soundgarden. That is not superunknown. I was lucky to order early enough I should be getting the limited clear version. As for picture discs, I've heard that they as we'll as all colored vinyl are less superior in sound to black. I only have RATM on pic disc and I think it sounds fine. I do like that records sound better but I'm more into the whole process of playing the record, having to listen to the entire album as intended by the artist and flipping it over. Kind of a ritualistic idea. So I don't really care if the vinyl is black, colored, or pic except that colored and pics are cool!
    Thanks... I pesonally think the coloured vinyl sounding worse thing is pure audiophile myth... I have a few coloured vinyls that sounds better than most if not all of the my black vinyl! But I could see how maybe picture discs might suffer in sound quality... But anyway, will probably spring for the SG Superunknown (my fave SG album) and hope for the best. :)
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    Hobbes wrote:

DUDE!!! Mine is #1570 !

Our dogs are from the same litter :lol:
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    edited November 2013
    just preordered both Dispatch Bang Bang & Silent Steeples limited edition reissues on gold & navy blue vinyl. Both double lps. Can't wait for these puppies!
    Post edited by he.who.forgets on
    We were but stones your light made us stars