The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    What a fucking canon! And to throw out Crawford at third!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Um, so Gardner ended an inning at 3rd yesterday and I was furious. Crawford just ended the fucking game at 3rd down by 1. That is quite possibly the worst play I have seen this year!!
    That was a canon, I just don't understand how that happens
    Pettite returning Sunday and joining rotation on Tuesday.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    I can't comprehend why Crawford thought that was a good idea. I will take it but what would that 90 feet get him? Tying the game of Mariano Rivera throws a wild pith?!?!?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I can't comprehend why Crawford thought that was a good idea. I will take it but what would that 90 feet get him? Tying the game of Mariano Rivera throws a wild pith?!?!?

yeah man, that is beyond stupid. I thought only jayson werth could make plays that dumb on the bases
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Same here. I have no idea how you try to make that tag-up. Just stupid.
  • he said you need to have another way to score besides a single

andy pitching sunday 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    he said you need to have another way to score besides a single

andy pitching sunday 8-)

Maddon tried justifying it too. NO! It makes absolutely no sense. Just bad bad baseball.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

It kind of looked like a cannon to me... a Canon is a copier, and a rival to Xerox. Although, maybe you guys meant is was a "Canon" of the other stupid play from the night before. ;)

Anyway - yea, that play was really stupid. I had no idea Greg Golson was on the Yankees either. The Phillies have traded away so many prospects recently. Hope it pays off in early November!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

It kind of looked like a cannon to me... a Canon is a copier, and a rival to Xerox. Although, maybe you guys meant is was a "Canon" of the other stupid play from the night before. ;)

Anyway - yea, that play was really stupid. I had no idea Greg Golson was on the Yankees either. The Phillies have traded away so many prospects recently. Hope it pays off in early November!

Yeah but Golson was never going to play here. And he was traded to Texas for Mayberry, who also will never play here outside of September.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah but Golson was never going to play here. And he was traded to Texas for Mayberry, who also will never play here outside of September.

Golson is never really going to play anywhere outside of September. That will probably be the best play of his career.
    Brett Gardners reaction is the best

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... 6&c_id=mlb
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    great dig & tag by a-rod.
    can't believe how far posada's ball traveled. i can honestly say, when i first saw the ball jump off his bat, i didn't think it was out.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I hope we magically get the phil hughes of the first half of the season and not the second half tonight.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    rival. wrote:
    can't believe how far posada's ball traveled. i can honestly say, when i first saw the ball jump off his bat, i didn't think it was out.

Me either. I had the Rays broadcast and they couldn't even track it. I had no clue where it landed until I saw the replay. Their camera guys lost both the Arod and Posada home runs off the bat. They showed Crawford jogging back on Arod and Upton jogging back on the Posada one. Didn't show where either one landed.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Me either. I had the Rays broadcast and they couldn't even track it. I had no clue where it landed until I saw the replay. Their camera guys lost both the Arod and Posada home runs off the bat. They showed Crawford jogging back on Arod and Upton jogging back on the Posada one. Didn't show where either one landed.

I was watching on MLB Network (they had their own crew, not the TB or NY feed). They said the estimate was 445'. I thought that was conservative, that ball was crushed.

anyone see adam dunn's HR last night? that was a missle too
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

I was watching on MLB Network (they had their own crew, not the TB or NY feed). They said the estimate was 445'. I thought that was conservative, that ball was crushed.

anyone see adam dunn's HR last night? that was a missle too

I heard 445 too and they said it probably would have hit the glass at the new yankee stadium. It was a shot. I didnt realize it was on MLBN, would have prefered that over the Rays broadcast, I know you don't mind them but I fucking hate them.

I didn't, will have to take a look for it.
  • REALLY NEED TO WIN THE SERIES TONIGHT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Regardless of tonights game,I think were looking at the wildcard based on their easy schedule

Last 4. At KC :twisted:
  • Regardless of tonights game,I think were looking at the wildcard based on their easy schedule

way to be an optimist...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Good job Giardi for keeping Hughes in that long.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Good job Giardi for keeping Hughes in that long.

And letting kearns hit followed by Curtis in the 8th

way to be an optimist...

Just being realistic. They have a way easier sched

Need to win all 4 next week to have a chance
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    go rays :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    darn Phil was pitching a great game. Two pitches to the same hitter.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Dammit.

We really just don't look like a World Series type team. Yeah, we're in a similar place that we were in last year, but I felt much better for this team a year ago. After getting swept by the Rangers, who's to say we'd beat them in a short series? Or the Rays, who seem much more confident right now? I just don't know; it's a bit of an odd year to pin down. I still have high hopes, since they are the Yankees, but still. Maybe I'm just depressed after losing five out of the last six.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Dammit.

We really just don't look like a World Series type team. Yeah, we're in a similar place that we were in last year, but I felt much better for this team a year ago. After getting swept by the Rangers, who's to say we'd beat them in a short series? Or the Rays, who seem much more confident right now? I just don't know; it's a bit of an odd year to pin down. I still have high hopes, since they are the Yankees, but still. Maybe I'm just depressed after losing five out of the last six.

this is where my thinking is too. lost back to back series pretty badly against 2 teams we could very well face in the playoffs. not good.

pettitte coming back is a huge bright spot. but fact still remains, the guy has only pitched three innings since the all star break. who knows what we will get.
  • we need minnesota to over-take texas

would rather play short series in minnesota