The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Just scooped up tickets for the first home game of the ALDS.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yea, sometimes we're not playing with a full deck here. Of course, everybody plays with half a deck compared to the Yanks. :lol:

Says the guy whose team is going to be paying Ryan Howard $25 mil.

damn, that's a low blow. and it hurts
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yea, sometimes we're not playing with a full deck here. Of course, everybody plays with half a deck compared to the Yanks. :lol:

I'm not biting. But still, $82M for AJ Burnett?

yea but he won the biggest game of the year last year ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm not biting. But still, $82M for AJ Burnett?

shall be a different ending if he goes up against mr oswalt or mr halladay instead of pedro this october. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    it will be interesting to see how much money the yanks waste on jeter. respect the hell out of the guy, but he just looks old this year

3 years, 45 mill?

shall be a different ending if he goes up against mr oswalt or mr halladay instead of pedro this october. :lol:

will also be nice if the phils have a cleanup hitter instead of a black hole in the WS if they get back.

• I'm not biting. But still, $82M for AJ Burnett?

careful ..you're getting ahead of yourself
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The Fixer wrote:
    it will be interesting to see how much money the yanks waste on jeter. respect the hell out of the guy, but he just looks old this year

3 years, 45 mill?

he is gonna get way overpaid..but it has to be done

i have zero problem with that
    The Fixer wrote:

3 years, 45 mill?

I can take them paying for past performance with him. I think he will do better than $45. The yankees wont let that contract stop them from making other moves though.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

3 years, 45 mill?

I can take them paying for past performance with him. I think he will do better than $45. The yankees wont let that contract stop them from making other moves though.

the empire never stops
    edited September 2010

the empire never stops[/quote]]

Got that right.

Steinbrenners going to be in the building on Monday for the monument. Should be fun. I like it when they show up.

Edit: Fucked up the quoting on this one.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

the empire never stops

we'll see in a few weeks. Like I said a couple weeks ago, this yanks team looks vulnerable to me
  • The Fixer wrote:

3 years, 45 mill?

I think the Phils will do the same thing with J-Roll after 2011, although he needs to step up his off-season conditioning. Some guys, you just can't see playing for anybody else, right Yanks fans?

Yes, Burnett miraculously pitched one good game in the Series last year. Would you bet on it happening again? He also got lit up like a Christmas tree with a chance to clinch it. And he's worse this year.

If (big if) Pettite doesn't come back strong, I don't think the Yankees make it past the Division Series, as much as I want revenge for '09.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

3 years, 45 mill?

I think the Phils will do the same thing with J-Roll after 2011, although he needs to step up his off-season conditioning. Some guys, you just can't see playing for anybody else, right Yanks fans?

Yes, Burnett miraculously pitched one good game in the Series last year. Would you bet on it happening again? He also got lit up like a Christmas tree with a chance to clinch it. And he's worse this year.

If (big if) Pettite doesn't come back strong, I don't think the Yankees make it past the Division Series, as much as I want revenge for '09.

I am in no way nervous about the Twins or Rangers (assuming Hamilton is as banged up as he seems to be)
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

the empire never stops
    ]

Got that right.

Steinbrenners going to be in the building on Monday for the monument. Should be fun. I like it when they show up.

Edit: Fucked up the quoting on this one.[/quote]

i forgot to tell you jay z came on stage and looked up at the boss in the sky

gave him a shout out..i believe they call it :mrgreen:
    yeah, the rollins contract situation scares the hell out of me. no heir apparent in the farm system, so rollins pretty much has them by the balls.

I think hamels should be the top priority this offseason.

whoops, sorry...wrong thread
  • oh by the way they made a 30 -30 on espn about the 4 days in october 04 :twisted:

gotta stay away from that
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, the rollins contract situation scares the hell out of me. no heir apparent in the farm system, so rollins pretty much has them by the balls.

Overpaying for Rollins would be a horrible idea as of right now. Granderson is having a better year than him.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    oh by the way they made a 30 -30 on espn about the 4 days in october 04 :twisted:

gotta stay away from that

I know I will be.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • have a good weekend guys..heading to the beach peace out

go yanks
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Overpaying for Rollins would be a horrible idea as of right now. Granderson is having a better year than him.

geez. that really puts things in perspective.

alright I'm out too. gotta roll before cliffy makes me cry.

nevada over tonight neily...
  • The Fixer wrote:
    geez. that really puts things in perspective.

alright I'm out too. gotta roll before cliffy makes me cry.

nevada over tonight neily...

Sometimes you just gotta live in the moment. A team with 81 (or I guess 84?) sellouts should be able to boost payroll.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536

careful ..you're getting ahead of yourself

not a doubt in my mind we'll be there...
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    Looks like Mattingly's chances of becoming Yankee manager next year are gone.
    I miss igotid88
    Cashman showed up in Baltimore today
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cashman showed up in Baltimore today

I guess he was bored in the Bronx. This isn't the old days where a blustery front office type is storming in to tell the players to stop spitting the bit..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,792
    A mutha fukin ROD

That ball is still going

awesome
    Fuck yeah alex!
    Xavier, he did say he wouldn't have shown up if they were winning.
  • holy shit guys

that was BIG

thank god for that homeplate umpire :mrgreen:

hopefully the big hits are gonna start again