The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    imalive said:

never thought the YANKEE thread would be reduced to cliffy talking to himself. Thanks, 10C.

like me and the Knicks thread
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

imalive said:

never thought the YANKEE thread would be reduced to cliffy talking to himself. Thanks, 10C.

like me and the Knicks thread
    Nah. Knicks thread is that way bc Dolan has chased away all the fans and even the haters can't bother with them any more.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Looking like a rainout today which means tanaka will pitch tomm night on YES
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

2:30 first pitch. Phillies want the Tanaka crowd apparently.

Tex playing today.

Fuckers now I'm gonna miss him again

Yeah, I am going to be in meetings all afternoon.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    So, maybe the pitching can carry them? How's the relief situation looking?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    First run of the spring to Galvis. Seeing that he otherwise looked good.

So, maybe the pitching can carry them? How's the relief situation looking?

I am interested in the pen. Robertson, Thorton and a lot of kids. Betances looks great so far. Shawn Kelley should have a decent role. Will be an interesting aspect of the team. Yanks have been able to put together a solid pen these last few years. Having Mo and Robertson at the back doesn't hurt.

Meh not bad

He gave up a solo hr 3ip 2 H 1 K no walks

7 of the 9 outs were ground balls
    edited March 2014

Meh not bad

Yeah, no complaints. Passing early tests with flying colors. No one will complain about the results so far. Heard he got Utley swinging on a nice split in the 1st.

Meh not bad

Yeah, no complaints. Passing early tests with flying colors. No one will complain about the results so far. Heard he got Utley swinging on a nice split in the 1st.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neoj6KTemiY
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    edited March 2014
    I gotta credit you guys.....hanging on spring training starts....it's like "Yankees baseball is NOT life and death, it's MORE important!":D
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Meh not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neoj6KTemiY
    Looked out of the zone all the way in the video but am sure it looked different to Utley. Howard said he was impressed
    imalive said:

I gotta credit you guys.....hanging on spring training starts....it like "Yankees baseball is NOT life and death, it's MORE important!":D

Haha, in all fairness it's the first real time we are seeing tanaka pitch. If any other team got him I'm sure they would be the same way
    Sad day for the Yankee family as Yogi's wife of 65 years Carmen passed away last night at 85.
    Fuck wish this game was on Pineda has 4ks through 2 including miggy

Phelps and Pineda in a battle for number 5. If all things are somewhat equal, Pineda better get it. Really really really don't want him going to the pen.

edited March 2014
    Gotta love what we are seeing out of Betances so far too.

Phelps and Pineda in a battle for number 5. If all things are somewhat equal, Pineda better get it. Really really really don't want him going to the pen.

Zero chance he goes to the pen

I really hope so. Girardi never ruled it out in any of his comments, but I would have to think you're right. Yanks really really really don't need Joba 2.0

I really hope so. Girardi never ruled it out in any of his comments, but I would have to think you're right. Yanks really really really don't need Joba 2.0
    Just let him pitch get his innings in this year and replace him with phelps or ideally banuelos in the 2nd half. Good to see manny back even though he got roughed up a little this guy is only 22 and was one of the best prospects in the game before his injury he was ranked ahead of guys like Grey, Wheeler and Harvey. Yanks can certainly work to build up his innings in the first half as he regains his arm strength.

Just let him pitch get his innings in this year and replace him with phelps or ideally banuelos in the 2nd half. Good to see manny back even though he got roughed up a little this guy is only 22 and was one of the best prospects in the game before his injury he was ranked ahead of guys like Grey, Wheeler and Harvey. Yanks can certainly work to build up his innings in the first half as he regains his arm strength.
    Yeah, all Manny needs to get now is innings. I saw him get rocked in Trenton once, but that happens. Gotta get his control back, but yeah, he had comparisons to Santana at some points. I still have high hopes for him.

Yeah, all Manny needs to get now is innings. I saw him get rocked in Trenton once, but that happens. Gotta get his control back, but yeah, he had comparisons to Santana at some points. I still have high hopes for him.
    Yeah he's still so young no reason he can't return to form I think this is going to be a big rebound year for our minor leaguers with the planned international signings we'll have a top 10 farm system at the end of the year.

Yeah he's still so young no reason he can't return to form I think this is going to be a big rebound year for our minor leaguers with the planned international signings we'll have a top 10 farm system at the end of the year.

Yeah, hopefully. Big league guys are healthy so far this year, but have taken a few hits with some of the minor league injuries. Was hoping for Jose Ramirez to get more work in the big league camp.
    I feel like they have to trade a catcher before the season starts. Cervelli getting suspended last year helped the Romine/Murphy tandem not having to split AAA reps. Having too many catchers is never a bad thing, but not sure what they would do with AAA. Sanchez is obviously the AA catcher coming into the year and Cervelli is the big league back up.

I feel like they have to trade a catcher before the season starts. Cervelli getting suspended last year helped the Romine/Murphy tandem not having to split AAA reps. Having too many catchers is never a bad thing, but not sure what they would do with AAA. Sanchez is obviously the AA catcher coming into the year and Cervelli is the big league back up.

Yeah we need to move one of them, I'd rather keep keep Murphy and trade romine looks like franky has the backup job looked up.
    3 innings 3 runs for CC today. Lohud has no read on velocity.
    "I sucked today. Leave it here in Vero or Viera or wherever we are, and just go on to the next one.''

2nd spring training start, so nothing to get real worried about but damn if it wouldn't be nice to see a dominant outing