Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive wrote:

See my ruh roh on the last page
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

See my ruh roh on the last page

ah......saw your ruh roh but didn't connect the dots.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Nothing surprises me anymore with this clown :fp:
    Nothing surprises me anymore with this clown :fp:

I think this is pretty much the least surprising baseball news of the year
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nothing surprises me anymore with this clown :fp:

I think this is pretty much the least surprising baseball news of the year

Where's DS to chime in on this story figured he would be all over this one.

DS1119 wrote:
    AHip is coming home today. Lay out on the couch and count your money buddy. Also, please stay there forever.

he's with arod, assisting his recovery.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

DS1119 wrote:
    AHip is coming home today. Lay out on the couch and count your money buddy. Also, please stay there forever.

he's with arod, assisting his recovery.

Ah good news I can sleep easier tonight :lol:
  • Arod denies report in the post, nothing to see here let's move on. :P
    Arod denies report in the post, nothing to see here let's move on. :P

thank god. glad he's not dirty.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Arod denies report in the post, nothing to see here let's move on. :P

:lol:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20763434/r ... vestigates

NEW YORK (AP) — Alex Rodriguez denied a newspaper report that accused him of buying human growth hormone and other performance-enhancing substances from a Miami-area clinic.

The Miami New Times, an alternative weekly, reported Tuesday that it obtained records detailing purchases by Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez, Bartolo Colon, Nelson Cruz and Yasmani Grandal from a Miami clinic called Biogenesis, run by Anthony Bosch. The paper also posted copies of what it said were Bosch's handwritten records, obtained through a former Biogenesis employee.

Rodriguez admitted four years ago that he used PEDs from 2001-03. Cabrera, Colon and Grandal were suspended for 50 games each last year by MLB following tests for elevated testosterone.

"We are always extremely disappointed to learn of potential links between players and the use of performance-enhancing substances," MLB said in a statement. "Only law enforcement officials have the capacity to reach those outside the game who are involved in the distribution of illegal performance-enhancing drugs. ... We are in the midst of an active investigation and are gathering and reviewing information."

A baseball official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to make public statements, said Monday that MLB did not have any documentation regarding the allegations. If MLB does obtain evidence, the players could be subject to discipline. First offenses result in a 50-game suspensions and second infractions in 100-game penalties. A third violation results in a lifetime ban.

Rodriguez is sidelined for at least the first half of the season following hip surgery. A 50-game suspension would cost him $7.65 million of his $28 million salary.

"The news report about a purported relationship between Alex Rodriguez and Anthony Bosch are not true," Rodriguez said in a statement issued by a publicist. "He was not Mr. Bosch's patient, he was never treated by him and he was never advised by him. The purported documents referenced in the story — at least as they relate to Alex Rodriguez — are not legitimate."

Jay Reisinger, a lawyer who has presented Rodriguez in recent years, said the three-time AL MVP had retained Roy Black, an attorney from Rodriguez's hometown of Miami. Black's clients have included Rush Limbaugh and William Kennedy Smith.

If the allegations were true, the Yankees would face high hurdles to get out of the final five years of Rodriguez's contract, which call for him to receive $114 million. Because management and the players' union have a joint drug agreement, an arbitrator could determine that any action taken by the team amounted to multiple discipline for the same offense.

The Yankees said "this matter is now in the hands of the commissioner's office" and said they will not comment further until MLB's investigation ends.

Gonzalez posted on his Twitter feed: "I've never used performance enhancing drugs of any kind and I never will, I've never met or spoken with tony Bosch or used any substance."

Colon was not issuing a statement, agent Adam Katz said through spokeswoman Lisa Cohen. Sam and Seth Levinson, the agents for Cabrera and Cruz, did not immediately respond to emails seeking comment.

Cruz and Gonzalez had not previously been linked to performance-enhancing drugs. Cruz's team, the Texas Rangers, said it notified MLB last week after being contacts by the New Times.

The New Times report said it obtained notes by Bosch listing the players' names and the substances they received. Several unidentified employees and clients confirmed to the publication that the clinic distributed the substances, the paper said. The employees said that Bosch bragged of supplying drugs to professional athletes but they never saw the sports stars in the office.

Rodriguez appears 16 times in the documents it received, the paper said, either as "Alex Rodriguez," ''Alex Rod" or the nickname "Cacique," a pre-Columbian Caribbean chief. The paper said the records list that Rodriguez paid for HGH; testosterone cream; IGF-1, a substance banned by baseball that stimulates insulin production; and GHRP, which releases growth hormones.

Rodriguez's cousin, Yuri Sucart, also is listed as having purchased HGH. Sucart was banned from the Yankees clubhouse, charter flights, bus and other team-related activities by MLB in 2009 after Rodriguez said Sucart obtained and injected PEDs for him.

Also listed among the records, according to the New Times, are tennis player Wayne Odesnik and Jimmy Goins, the strength and conditioning coach of the University of Miami baseball team.

Mia Ro, a spokeswoman for the federal Drug Enforcement Administration in Miami, said she could not confirm or deny the existence of an investigation into the Bosches or the clinic.

ARod could be done as a NYY. :wtf:

:nono:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Exit strategy for A-Rod
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/alex ... egy-013013

The Yankees probably cannot void Alex Rodriguez’s contract, and they might not even need to try.

A-Rod just might void himself.

Specifically, Rodriguez might find a doctor who says he is suffering from a career-ending injury, collect the $114 million remaining on his contract and never play again.

The scenario would not be the same as retirement — if Rodriguez retired, he would forfeit all of his money.

The Yankees, though, would be almost entirely off the hook — they would collect from insurance up to 85 percent of the money that Rodriguez is guaranteed, but only after he missed a full season, according to major league sources.

The Orioles received similar benefits when Albert Belle was unable to play again due to a degenerative hip condition in 2000.

Harold Reynolds, an analyst on MLB Network, first suggested that Rodriguez's career might end in such fashion after the Yankees announced in December that A-Rod would undergo his second hip surgery in four years.

On Tuesday, in the wake of an explosive Miami New Times report indicating that A-Rod used performance-enhancing drugs from 2009 to ’12, a high-ranking major league executive outlined the same plan.

A public relations firm for the New York Yankees third baseman issued a statement denying the allegations, but the matter remains under investigation by baseball and government agencies, according to sources and reports.

Rodriguez, 37, is not expected to return from surgery on his left hip until at least July. He underwent surgery on his right hip in March 2009. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman already has said that there is no guarantee that the third baseman will return this season.

The party line is that A-Rod will work his hardest to make a full recovery, just as he did after his previous surgery. But the landscape is different now — much different if Rodriguez indeed was using three substances banned by baseball, as shown by records obtained by the Miami New Times from Anthony Bosch’s anti-aging clinic.

The three substances are human growth hormone (HGH), synthetic testosterone and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). Baseball recently announced it will institute in-season testing for HGH and enhance its efforts to detect testosterone.

Now back to A-Rod’s escape hatch.

If Rodriguez used PEDs from ’09 to ’12 — after admitting that he used them from ’01 to ’03 — it would stand to reason that he is uncertain of his ability to perform without “assistance.”

Expanded testing, at least in theory, would make using PEDs a greater risk. Rodriguez also would face greater scrutiny, even ridicule, from fans and media. How eager would he be to return to such an environment, particularly if he had a fully paid out?

A-Rod can attempt to go through his rehabilitation, then make the case that he is physically unable to perform. A doctor surely could make such a diagnosis quite plausible, given the weakened condition of Rodriguez’s two hips.

A legal fight could ensue, with the insurance companies contending that either A) Rodriguez could still play or B) that his use of PEDs contributed to his physical deterioration. But good luck trying to win either case.

For the Yankees, there would be no better way out.

Is there an athlete more reviled than A-Rod? Check out our list of the top 10 most hated sports figures.
    The team can’t even discuss voiding A-Rod’s contract until after baseball completes its investigation of his link to Bosch. If discipline is warranted, it will be administered by baseball in the form of a suspension, not by the Yankees.

At that point, the Yankees could explore whether Rodriguez violated his contract, perhaps by lying to team doctors, perhaps by seeking outside medical care, perhaps by buying illegal substances. But they still would face an uphill fight in trying to void the deal, receiving significant pushback from the players union.

Better A-Rod should void himself.

Better for the Yankees, and maybe better for A-Rod, too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Even if he's found to have done it i seriously doubt the yanks will ever be able to get out if his deal just because he violated the drug policy. The union would never allow this so really our only hope is that he doesn't recover from the hip and is forced to retire but that's probably wishful thinking with that fucking egomaniac.

A-Rod just might void himself.

:shock: :shh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I find it pretty amusing that the whole world is suggesting Arod commit insurance fraud. Like a insurance company on the hook for $114 million isn't following this :lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I find it pretty amusing that the whole world is suggesting Arod commit insurance fraud. Like a insurance company on the hook for $114 million isn't following this :lol:

Yeah I know, I thought the article was funny. So crazy all the scenarios people will imagine... And we all know Arod is gonna stick it out as long as he can, its too easy to pick up girls right next to the dugout!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah I know, I thought the article was funny. So crazy all the scenarios people will imagine... And we all know Arod is gonna stick it out as long as he can, its too easy to pick up girls right next to the dugout!

Ha, yeah, going to be interesting to say the least. I find the outrage out there amusing.
    PRONK!

Could put up decent numbers if he can stay healthy as a part time DH.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PRONK!

Come on cliffy. Pronk stay healthy. HAHAHAHA
    Idiot cashman should have kept Chavez
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PRONK!

Ha, yeah, true. :lol: Nothing really left out there though. Assume it's a minor league deal or at least really cheap

Yeah, I would have liked Chavez, but he got a good salary and seems like he wanted to play close to home. More power to him.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PRONK!

Chavez isn't exactly the most durable player either, I like the move its worth a shot.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PRONK!

Chavez isn't exactly the most durable player either, I like the move its worth a shot.
    I know he's not the most durable, hasn't been in years. But what he did the last 2 seasons in New York, coming off the bench and playing a solid 3rd bag. I'd take that again over a DH only type player. The revolving DH is the way to go with this team,
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    So where is DS?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    Newch91 wrote:
    So where is DS?

...surely somewhere taunting afraud.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Brian....feel free to poach kershaw from the d*dgers :mrgreen:

Yanks eye potential monster 2014 FA class
    January, 30, 2013
    Jan 30
    By Jim Bowden | ESPN.com

The New York Yankees have been relatively inactive this offseason, but that doesn’t mean general manager Brian Cashman hasn’t been busy.

Fans might wonder why their team, which has historically used free agency to fortify its roster, would limit spending and hold off on signing the big free agents this year and instead just bring back veterans such as Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera and Hiroki Kuroda after the Yankees’ disappointing 2012 campaign. But Cashman has been adamant to get his payroll below $189 million by 2014, and for good reason.

Most important is the Yankees’ luxury tax goes up to 50 percent for every dollar over $189 million in 2014. The Yankees are the only team in baseball in that situation, because they’ve been over the threshold limit three times in a row. If they stay under the $189 million in 2014, they won’t pay a tax that year and they get to restart their luxury tax history. By restarting that history, the tax rate reverts to just 17.5 percent the next time they exceed it, which we should all expect to be 2015.

As the Yankees get below the luxury tax threshold, Cashman will have lined up his team for a possible bonanza free-agent haul – specifically starting pitchers -- in 2014 and perhaps 2015. The timing could not be better for the Yankees over the next two years. Here are several reasons why it should surprise no one if the Yankees blitz the 2014 offseason with a major spending spree.

While the 2013 free-agent class will be flush with quality starting pitchers, it has as much uncertainty as potential because most of the players are either coming back from injuries or in decline. The class still will be well-represented with a pair of St. Louis Cardinals aces in Adam Wainwright (who's likely to re-sign) and Chris Carpenter, and two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum, who’s coming off the worst year of his career. A few pitchers with questionable injury history, such as Josh Johnson, Matt Garza and Dan Haren, will also likely make it to free agency.

However, consider the 2014 class. The top five reads like an All-Star Game rotation: Justin Verlander, Clayton Kershaw, Felix Hernandez, James Shields and Brett Anderson, who has the potential to be a Cy Young candidate someday. That’s three of the best starters in baseball and two more who are pretty close, all eligible for free agency. (The A's hold a 2015 option for Anderson, so he might have to wait a year.)

So, imagine the Yankees with a reset tax history and cleared payroll ready to rebuild their starting rotation. They could do it in one offseason. Or perhaps two? The 2015 class is almost as loaded with pitching as 2014's, headlined by David Price, Cliff Lee, Johnny Cueto and Yovani Gallardo.

The Yankees have had one of their worst offseasons in some time with the departures of Nick Swisher and Russell Martin, not to mention Alex Rodriguez’s hip surgery and latest PED saga. When was the last time the Yankees headed into spring training not knowing who would start at two everyday positions? That’s where the Yankees find themselves now at both catcher and DH. They lack depth in the farm system and major league roster to fill those positions from within, a shortcoming that is made worst by the fact that they play in the deepest division in the game.

The farm system is missing top-of-the-rotation-caliber starters and lacks enough talent to exchange for the best on the trade market. Therefore, the Yankees will probably have to turn to the free-agent market after 2014 and 2015 to build the rotation up to World Series caliber.

It’s belt-tightening time for both Yankees front office and fan alike. However, should Cashman and the Yankees be able to reset that tax history, the 2014 and 2015 shopping sprees should be pretty exclusive, as the Yankees will be one of the very few teams that will be able to afford the massive average annual salaries ($25 million to $30 million) Verlander, Kershaw, Hernandez and Price will command.

Some members of these two free-agent classes will undoubtedly be signed to extensions and never sniff free agency; however, several still will reach the open market. Outside of CC Sabathia, there could be a complete turnover in the Yankees’ rotation in the next year and a half, with the Yankees perched in the catbird seat.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Doubtful you see more than one of them Verlander, Kershaw,King Felix ever hit free agency. You have to think king felix has to be really tired of playing with a bunch of losers all these years but he's also the one I'd be most leery about.
    Doubtful you see more than one of them Verlander, Kershaw,King Felix ever hit free agency. You have to think king felix has to be really tired of playing with a bunch of losers all these years but he's also the one I'd be most leery about.

unfortunately, the fucking d*dgers have plenty of money these days.

but they still suck :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    Doubtful you see more than one of them Verlander, Kershaw,King Felix ever hit free agency. You have to think king felix has to be really tired of playing with a bunch of losers all these years but he's also the one I'd be most leery about.

unfortunately, the fucking d*dgers have plenty of money these days.

but they still suck :mrgreen:

Yeah that's the guy I want too
  • imalive wrote:
    Brian....feel free to poach kershaw from the d*dgers :mrgreen:

Yanks eye potential monster 2014 FA class
    January, 30, 2013
    Jan 30
    By Jim Bowden | ESPN.com

The New York Yankees have been relatively inactive this offseason, but that doesn’t mean general manager Brian Cashman hasn’t been busy.

Fans might wonder why their team, which has historically used free agency to fortify its roster, would limit spending and hold off on signing the big free agents this year and instead just bring back veterans such as Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera and Hiroki Kuroda after the Yankees’ disappointing 2012 campaign. But Cashman has been adamant to get his payroll below $189 million by 2014, and for good reason.

Most important is the Yankees’ luxury tax goes up to 50 percent for every dollar over $189 million in 2014. The Yankees are the only team in baseball in that situation, because they’ve been over the threshold limit three times in a row. If they stay under the $189 million in 2014, they won’t pay a tax that year and they get to restart their luxury tax history. By restarting that history, the tax rate reverts to just 17.5 percent the next time they exceed it, which we should all expect to be 2015.

As the Yankees get below the luxury tax threshold, Cashman will have lined up his team for a possible bonanza free-agent haul – specifically starting pitchers -- in 2014 and perhaps 2015. The timing could not be better for the Yankees over the next two years. Here are several reasons why it should surprise no one if the Yankees blitz the 2014 offseason with a major spending spree.

While the 2013 free-agent class will be flush with quality starting pitchers, it has as much uncertainty as potential because most of the players are either coming back from injuries or in decline. The class still will be well-represented with a pair of St. Louis Cardinals aces in Adam Wainwright (who's likely to re-sign) and Chris Carpenter, and two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum, who’s coming off the worst year of his career. A few pitchers with questionable injury history, such as Josh Johnson, Matt Garza and Dan Haren, will also likely make it to free agency.

However, consider the 2014 class. The top five reads like an All-Star Game rotation: Justin Verlander, Clayton Kershaw, Felix Hernandez, James Shields and Brett Anderson, who has the potential to be a Cy Young candidate someday. That’s three of the best starters in baseball and two more who are pretty close, all eligible for free agency. (The A's hold a 2015 option for Anderson, so he might have to wait a year.)

So, imagine the Yankees with a reset tax history and cleared payroll ready to rebuild their starting rotation. They could do it in one offseason. Or perhaps two? The 2015 class is almost as loaded with pitching as 2014's, headlined by David Price, Cliff Lee, Johnny Cueto and Yovani Gallardo.

The Yankees have had one of their worst offseasons in some time with the departures of Nick Swisher and Russell Martin, not to mention Alex Rodriguez’s hip surgery and latest PED saga. When was the last time the Yankees headed into spring training not knowing who would start at two everyday positions? That’s where the Yankees find themselves now at both catcher and DH. They lack depth in the farm system and major league roster to fill those positions from within, a shortcoming that is made worst by the fact that they play in the deepest division in the game.

The farm system is missing top-of-the-rotation-caliber starters and lacks enough talent to exchange for the best on the trade market. Therefore, the Yankees will probably have to turn to the free-agent market after 2014 and 2015 to build the rotation up to World Series caliber.

It’s belt-tightening time for both Yankees front office and fan alike. However, should Cashman and the Yankees be able to reset that tax history, the 2014 and 2015 shopping sprees should be pretty exclusive, as the Yankees will be one of the very few teams that will be able to afford the massive average annual salaries ($25 million to $30 million) Verlander, Kershaw, Hernandez and Price will command.

Some members of these two free-agent classes will undoubtedly be signed to extensions and never sniff free agency; however, several still will reach the open market. Outside of CC Sabathia, there could be a complete turnover in the Yankees’ rotation in the next year and a half, with the Yankees perched in the catbird seat.

Why would they put cliff lee as a option for 2015 why the hell would we want him at that point.
  • The Yankees apparently found their latest designated hitter Thursday, closing in on a one-year deal with the former Cleveland Indians slugger Travis Hafner. He has agreed to an incentive-laden deal with the Yankees with a base salary close to $2 million.