The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• bryceyankees1010a_zpse6f23dfa.jpg

:corn:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    bryceyankees1010a_zpse6f23dfa.jpg

:corn:

Yessir. He and Trout are definitely the next focus of Yankees fans since Felix signed.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Could you imagine if that happens?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Only
    600509_10151309266682781_1694897427_n.jpg
    more days !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Could you imagine if that happens?

:shock:
    The Yankees have paid $224.2 million in luxury taxes over the last ten years.

this breaks it down( the luxury tax $ ) pretty good, thanks for posting.
    platessmall.jpg
  • http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/pitc ... ing-021113

In Tampa, Fla., Yankees captain Derek Jeter ran on a treadmill for the first time since breaking his ankle on Oct. 13, a big step toward reaching his goal of being in New York's opening day lineup on April 1 against Boston in the Bronx.

In his third week of baseball activities, Jeter was on the infield grass fielding groundballs and in a batting cage taking swings, all while dozens of autograph-seeking fans lined up outside the Yankees' minor league complex down the road from the big league facility.

''I feel fine,'' Jeter said. ''I was able to do everything else. I just had to be careful with my ankle, but now I've gotten the green light with that. I've gotten all the green lights I need.''

too funny not to mention:

New Marlins manager Mike Redmond arrived at his office at 5 a.m. Monday ready to go long before the Florida sun was shining, his thoughts already on a date 254 days from now: Game 1 of the World Series.

Ah, spring training. When all 30 teams are still contenders.

Someone must be high. The Marlins were never a contender for 2013.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes ... be-champs/

Well he may be a little biased but here's hoping he's right and we get 28 :corn:
  • Post said Yankees keeping tabs on Wang, could be a good signing if we have any setbacks in spring training.
    Post said Yankees keeping tabs on Wang, could be a good signing if we have any setbacks in spring training.

How awesome would that be if he made it?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If he hits a go-ahead grand slam against the Red Sox at Fenway and we win the game, then I'll start cheering for him.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful

• looks good. enjoy this scene of him as a background actor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p08e8pFcsY

He has hair and is the kid on the side collecting the money.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Full squad reports today
  • “If I ever did hit that free-agent market, there would be teams I wouldn’t sign with simply because of the stuff that I’ve heard – every rule they have. Being here since 2007, being treated like a grownup, given that respect and freedom and space – it grows on you.”

Taking note of his beard, I told Price he’d have to shave if the Yankees traded for him.

“I wouldn’t stay there very long then,” he responded. “I wouldn’t sign a long-term deal there. Those rules, that’s old-school baseball. I was born in ’85. That’s not for me. That’s not something I want to be a part of.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... --mlb.html
  • First game tomorrow, home opener Sunday against the Jays @1 on Yes :D
    Baseball is back :D

Robbie went deep.
    I just can't watch spring training games. Don't know why, but can't. Can't wait for April 1st!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Newch91 wrote:
    I just can't watch spring training games. Don't know why, but can't. Can't wait for April 1st!
    I can watch a little bit. MLB network had a show on callee 100 best players now on today. It was pretty good.
    I'll watch baseball in any way, shape or form. I could watch any baseball game from little league to the pros and enjoy the shit out of it. Doesn't matter what the prize is, it's just the best game ever. I could literally stop by a random field and watch a full game. Spring is in the air
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,910
    there is a definite douche gene in this family :fp:

TAMPA, Fla. -- A 2009 New York Yankees World Series ring obtained by Alex Rodriguez for his cousin, Yuri Sucart -- but apparently never owned nor worn by A-Rod -- is up for sale via an online auctioneer.

The diamond-encrusted ring is a replica of the one Rodriguez got for being a member of the last Yankees championship team, and has a listed opening bid of $5,000 on the website of Goldinauctions.com.

Sucart's name is well-known to Yankees fans -- he is the cousin A-Rod claimed helped him obtain steroids when he was with the Texas Rangers -- and Rodriguez was warned by Major League Baseball and the Yankees to stay away from him after the revelations of A-Rod's steroid use, and his subsequent admission, before the 2009 season.

Rodriguez, who underwent hip surgery in January that will keep him off the field until at least the All-Star break, is currently in Miami under an agreement with the Yankees that requires him to rehab in New York during the week but allows him to leave for the weekends.

He was unavailable for comment but his spokesman, Terry Fahn, said: "Alex Rodriguez made numerous replica World Series rings for friends and family. He didn't know that Yuri Sucart was selling one of them."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman declined comment on the matter.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Pinstriped Bible

Yankees announce fractured forearm for Curtis Granderson, will miss 10 weeks, via beat writer Bryan Hoch.
    platessmall.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Pinstriped Bible

Yankees announce fractured forearm for Curtis Granderson, will miss 10 weeks, via beat writer Bryan Hoch.

Shit!
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Pinstriped Bible

There goes our outfield power, was hoping it was just a bruise but it didn't look good when it happened.
  • Who is going to fill the roster spot?

The Yankees have veterans Matt Diaz and Juan Rivera in camp. They also have older minor league outfielders like Ronnier Mustelier, Zoilo Almonte, Thomas Neal and Adonis Garcia. Brian Cashman mentioned that his scouts have just started watching games and it’s still too early to know which players might become available.

Cashman said this morning that he wouldn’t want a young guy in a part-time, right-handed platoon role. But that’s not necessarily the case for a situation like this.

“Now we’ll be forced to really evaluate that aspect of it,” Cashman said. “You’re not asking guys (to sit for a long time). Could you bring a guy up right now for the first month in an everyday situation? We’ll look at that. We’ll look at it all. We have no choice. When these things happen you adjust, so we’ll be forced to adjust.”

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/02/24/g ... questions/
    can't believe this happened on the 5th pitch of the pre season.
    what fucking luck.
    platessmall.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,484
    rough start, eh boys?
    www.myspace.com
  • So they have to replace 8 home runs and 50 Ks for a month.. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    So they have to replace 8 home runs and 50 Ks for a month.. :lol:

:lol: thats fucked up :lol:
  • I did like Warren plunking Lawrie to start the next inning however I wouldn't mind seeing them go after Reyes or Batista next time we face them.