The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just get it back to the Bronx and see what happens.

I would sign up for that right now. :mrgreen:

Yep. The three pitchers we want going are lined up to finish it out.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I've tried every "Good Luck" superstition i could think of, they just wont hit. :(

Thinking about taking off the cross tonight...it would be a desperate move

Thing is i've made a point of wearing it until the end of every game, started doing that in early September and it worked out for good long while, until this series, but what if that's the test?
    :crazy:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've tried every "Good Luck" superstition i could think of, they just wont hit. :(

Thing is i've made a point of wearing it until the end of every game, started doing that in early September and it worked out for good long while, until this series, but what if that's the test?

Don't change. Just believe. One game at a time. I think of it this way. Is this team cabale of whipping off four wins in a row? Absolutley they are. Hitting is contagious. I hope to see Ichiro batting lead off tonight.
    DS1119 wrote:

Don't change. Just believe. One game at a time. I think of it this way. Is this team cabale of whipping off four wins in a row? Absolutley they are. Hitting is contagious. I hope to see Ichiro batting lead off tonight.

Your right, gotta see this through to the end.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'd love to see Ichiro, Gardner and even Tex (with the shift on) to lay down a bunt. Any way to get on base.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'd love to see Ichiro, Gardner and even Tex (with the shift on) to lay down a bunt. Any way to get on base.

Yes. How many times does Tex get that "excuse me" infield single becasue of the shift when he bounces one down the 3rd base line by accident. If he can bunt it's probably a hit every time with that shift...as long as he can run.

Time for the team to pull out all of the stops. I don't care if they bunt...lean into pitches...whatever. They need to get on base. Jesus...it's not like they have been blown out...just normal run production and this team is up 3-0 not down 3-0. :fp:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Yes. How many times does Tex get that "excuse me" infield single becasue of the shift when he bounces one down the 3rd base line by accident. If he can bunt it's probably a hit every time with that shift...as long as he can run.

Time for the team to pull out all of the stops. I don't care if they bunt...lean into pitches...whatever. They need to get on base. Jesus...it's not like they have been blown out...just normal run production and this team is up 3-0 not down 3-0. :fp:

would you like some cheese with all that whining ;)
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    They should pay Francona to give a speech tonight on how to come back from 3down ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

would you like some cheese with all that whining ;)

WHining? :?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Newch91 wrote:

tex def. ...i dont understand why he doesn't take the single all the time

unless he really cant bunt
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Olberman reporting Arod talks with Miami. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

What, is he looking to Coach? :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I heard today that Miami would be willing to pick up an average of 12 million per on the contract. If that's true I think the team needs to run with that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

What, is he looking to Coach? :lol:

Yeah, good try, Keith....not happening.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I heard today that Miami would be willing to pick up an average of 12 million per on the contract. If that's true I think the team needs to run with that.

Olberman said the Yanks would be taking on virtually everything. Cashman already shot it down. Arod has a full no trade clause.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Olberman said the Yanks would be taking on virtually everything. Cashman already shot it down. Arod has a full no trade clause.

It was Mike and Mike...I couldn't fully concentrate and hear it all. I would think a parting of ways would be mutually agreeable by both sides no matter how this season plays out. It's just going to come down to money.
    DS1119 wrote:

It was Mike and Mike...I couldn't fully concentrate and hear it all. I would think a parting of ways would be mutually agreeable by both sides no matter how this season plays out. It's just going to come down to money.

Yeah, I hear you. I just can't see it this year with this many years left. They'll end up paying over $35 million a year for third base and aside from this slump, even without the power, he is still an above average third baseman. Miami is also the only place I could imagine him possibly even considering going to.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, I hear you. I just can't see it this year with this many years left. They'll end up paying over $35 million a year for third base and aside from this slump, even without the power, he is still an above average third baseman. Miami is also the only place I could imagine him possibly even considering going to.

I thought i read he had 5 years and 113 million left because the Yankees paid him mostly upfront, which works out to say 23 mil a year, might be able to unload him if we took half the salary.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I thought i read he had 5 years and 113 million left because the Yankees paid him mostly upfront, which works out to say 23 mil a year, might be able to unload him if we took half the salary.

I can't see anyone paying half that for him, but I'm looking at what it would cost to have him play somewhere else and what it would cost to find a replacement. Absolute best case scenario you pay half that and find a $10 mil replacement. That replacement has to have more production than Arod to make it worthwhile. As bad as he has been that wont be an easy task.

Either way, not happening.
    And the one way this would be awesome is if they were thinking about trading for Headley, but they don't have the pieces for that with all the minor league injuries this year.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

That 12 million a year annually keeps circling in my head...I wish I could have listened closer to it. Well I'm sure if there's any traction further with this story it will come out.

At this point it's almost like a bad loan with a bank. At a certain point the team just needs to cut their losses. I do hear you with your replacement cost and that's a real concern, I'm just not sure when he walks into spring training next year, if he's with the team, what happens? Is he fighting for a job? Do they bring in a Chavez type player to compete? Money for this team (even though they say it is) is not a major concern. In all reality the team could stroke a check to ARod and send him packing (wouldn't sit well with the rest of the league :lol: )but they could. My concern is where he fits with the clubhouse...the lineup...with Girardi if he's around??? Alot of questions posed for me byt this fuck. :lol:
  • Miami Marlins are, um, "special."
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    If only we could get a bail out from MLB
  • If only we could get a bail out from MLB

Um, the Yankees are kind of the team of Wall Street, which surely got its fair share of "bail outs."
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Red SOx got one. :lol:

Um, the Yankees are kind of the team of Wall Street, which surely got its fair share of "bail outs."

and here i thought we were the most taxed and penalized :fp:
  • Ichiro Suzuki LF
    Nick Swisher RF
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Raul Ibanez DH
    Eric Chavez 3B
    Russell Martin C
    Brett Gardner CF
    Eduardo Nunez SS

LHP CC Sabathia

That's tonight's lineup. Discuss.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Miami Marlins are, um, "special."

Special in the way that are still the same old marlins even a new stadium

Good for Joe for being a manager and not playing Adiva. Hope Adiva has fun texting that girl who was dumb enough to actually give her number on the ball Adiva gave to her.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    Damn so we have seen the last of Arod as a yankee , no way he comes back to this team next yr ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Damn so we have seen the last of Arod as a yankee , no way he comes back to this team next yr ...

Good riddance