The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,724
    igotid88 wrote:
    Hughes 9-1.

Just incredible

And bring on the Phillies (and their 3 games above .500 record), should be a fun week.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    Hughes 9-1.

Just incredible

And bring on the Phillies (and their 3 games above .500 record), should be a fun week.

Thank god the Yankees don't play the Orioles for a while. I can barely watch those games since the Orioles are so awful.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    Hughes 9-1.

Just incredible

Thank god the Yankees don't play the Orioles for a while. I can barely watch those games since the Orioles are so awful.

Man, it seems like the Yanks have been playing the O's every other series. While I enjoy the beating the Yanks put on them, they are tough games to watch.
    Going to be a fun series. Phillies are clearly not as bad as their record. A win tonight would be big.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    What? No jeagler/Phillies smack talk?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    What? No jeagler/Phillies smack talk?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: It crossed my mind as well.
    Man, I am pumped for this series. Should be a lot of fun.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    world series rematch
    and we get to see haliday.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Pumped for tonight's matchup. Not as much the next two...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Understandable, CC has not been great this year. I do like that the Yanks have 2 lefties going this series.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Understandable, CC has not been great this year. I do like that the Yanks have 2 lefties going this series.

Yeah, just seeing Doc go into NY is always fun, but other than that, not feeling this series right now. Not as much as I would have liked. Just wish Jimmy was at the top of the lineup, then I'd be a bit more pumped.

Yeah, just seeing Doc go into NY is always fun, but other than that, not feeling this series right now. Not as much as I would have liked. Just wish Jimmy was at the top of the lineup, then I'd be a bit more pumped.

I hear you, it's a damn shame the Yanks have to face him this year after going to the NL. I thought they got away from him.

Hopefully the Phillies bats don't wake up over the next few games. You think missing Rollins has that much of an impact on their lineup? It really shouldn't with the bats they have.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you, it's a damn shame the Yanks have to face him this year after going to the NL. I thought they got away from him.

Hopefully the Phillies bats don't wake up over the next few games. You think missing Rollins has that much of an impact on their lineup? It really shouldn't with the bats they have.

As someone who's watched this team for their entire life, and especially when Jimmy molded into a decent player, it has a huge difference. I used to try and not think he had that much of a difference, but in the grand scheme of things he absolutely does. I'm convinced of it now. There's less speed in the lineup, less pop. People have been overrating Werth this year. The reason this lineup has always moved was because of Jimmy, Chase, and Howard. And one is out injured, the other is slumping like a mofo, and Howard has decided to become a singles hitter. And especially when Polanco was out, you could cross off four of the hitters in the lineup. That's not what people think of when you think of this lineup. But whatever, just gotta keep truckin. A buddy of mine put it this way, and it makes the most sense - even with all their problems, do you still think they're going to win the division, and are the favorite in the NL? And the answers are yes, and yes.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

As someone who's watched this team for their entire life, and especially when Jimmy molded into a decent player, it has a huge difference. I used to try and not think he had that much of a difference, but in the grand scheme of things he absolutely does. I'm convinced of it now. There's less speed in the lineup, less pop. People have been overrating Werth this year. The reason this lineup has always moved was because of Jimmy, Chase, and Howard. And one is out injured, the other is slumping like a mofo, and Howard has decided to become a singles hitter. And especially when Polanco was out, you could cross off four of the hitters in the lineup. That's not what people think of when you think of this lineup. But whatever, just gotta keep truckin. A buddy of mine put it this way, and it makes the most sense - even with all their problems, do you still think they're going to win the division, and are the favorite in the NL? And the answers are yes, and yes.

Yeah, makes sense I guess. I probably underrate him a bit because I really dislike him, the only player you guys have that I really really dislike. I think Howard is overrated but that conversation has been beaten into the ground on this board.

I would be a little concerned but not worried if I were you. NL east is better this year than it was last year and I can see both Atlanta and the Mets trying to make moves at the deadline. But either way, the teams playing over the next 3 nights in the Bronx are the best in baseball.
    Still no Arod. Dammit. Available to pinch hit and and running through drills today. If he is good, he will be playing 3rd tomorrow.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I can't wait for this series to be over...and it hasn't even started yet.

I heard that thursday's game is being aired on comedy central. the yanks might put up 20 on moyer
    The Fixer wrote:

I heard that thursday's game is being aired on comedy central. the yanks might put up 20 on moyer

I heard the Yanks are asking Whitey Ford to come in and pitch BP before that game so they can get used to Moyers velocity.

That said, I think it will be a better series than you think.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I heard the Yanks are asking Whitey Ford to come in and pitch BP before that game so they can get used to Moyers velocity.

good point...sometimes a series like this can wake a team up. hopefully this is what the phils need
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

good point...sometimes a series like this can wake a team up. hopefully this is what the phils need

Hopefully not though
    Ohhhhh even better! You guys get to crush Moyer tomorrow instead of Thursday now.
    Ohhhhh even better! You guys get to crush Moyer tomorrow instead of Thursday now.

Why? Who's going Thursday then?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kendrick. They're flipping them. On Comcast they're saying maybe the ump behind the plate tomorrow will fit Moyer's style of getting the edges of the plate. Yep, this is where we're at - ridiculous. I don't know why they don't have this rotation ordered in the way of talent in the correct 1-5 order.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kendrick. They're flipping them. On Comcast they're saying maybe the ump behind the plate tomorrow will fit Moyer's style of getting the edges of the plate. Yep, this is where we're at - ridiculous. I don't know why they don't have this rotation ordered in the way of talent in the correct 1-5 order.

That is really really strange. Shouldn't come down to things like that with the defending NL champs. My first thought was maybe they thought Moyer would be more effective the day after the Yanks bats see Halladay, but if it has to do with the umps...ouch.

Edit: And now I hear they have Utley hitting second.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That is really really strange. Shouldn't come down to things like that with the defending NL champs. My first thought was maybe they thought Moyer would be more effective the day after the Yanks bats see Halladay, but if it has to do with the umps...ouch.

Edit: And now I hear they have Utley hitting second.

Yeah, that too. If he's not hurt, which I don't think he is hurt, then this is just one ridiculous slump.
    Let's Go Yank-ees!!
    forgot how annoying that stupid ass x-files whistle is. seriously, what's the point of that shit?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    go yanks im back from god's waiting room :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nice baby !!!!!!!!!!!

2-0
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Man, Carl crawford has got to be pretty pissed at Gardner right now and cliff lee probably loves him
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Man, Carl crawford has got to be pretty pissed at Gardner right now and cliff lee probably loves him

they can always dump overrated granderson and put gardner in CF