Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    heard on the radio about Huff today..... since he was in Little league and high school, he was told,if you ever get hit in the head, don't move until a coach or trainer get to you. so that's why he looked dead. also heard that if it were one inch up, down, or towards the eye, there would have been major damage

Makes sense now that you say it. Would have been nice to know at the time though. We were pretty freaked out.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    pettitte, this year with his old age has looked a bit dare i say like greg maddux? he isn't over powering, isn't overly dominating batters, he is just pitching SMART.

big bat yet again from alex. amazing how lost he looked in big situtions (even with just RISP) just two seasons ago.

3/4 is great. but saturday's loss is still a tough one. should be talking sweep. good weekend though with the rays losing 2.
  • Options
    pettitte, this year with his old age has looked a bit dare i say like greg maddux? he isn't over powering, isn't overly dominating batters, he is just pitching SMART.

big bat yet again from alex. amazing how lost he looked in big situtions (even with just RISP) just two seasons ago.

3/4 is great. but saturday's loss is still a tough one. should be talking sweep. good weekend though with the rays losing 2.

Pettitte has been incredible, I just hope he is not too good too early this season. Although he told Francesca last week that his body feels better than it has in 4 years. Great anaylsis on how he looked, spot on.

Yeah, teams might want to not walk Tex to load the bases.

Saturdays was brutal but they rebounded nicely. 2.5 games out of first.
  • Options
    Should be interesting tonight. Javy and Matsuz.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    here we go again :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Tex now, what the fuck
  • Options
    There you go javy
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    There you go javy
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,568
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    There you go javy

what's up jason? how've you been man?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    There you go javy

what's up jason? how've you been man?

name is neil

but im fine thanks
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,568

name is neil

but im fine thanks

neil? :lol::lol::lol:

riiiiiiiight
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,139
    So I'm not the only one suspecting that. Nice win by the Yanks though the Orioles might be the worst team I've seen in a while even though their roster has better talent than the record.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Just listened to the Gammons interview with Francesca from yesterday (thank god for podcasts). He said the Mariners will only trade Cliff Lee in a package that includes a catching prospect. He said if the Yanks have starting pitching problems, he can see them dealing Romine. Not sure how I feel about this considering he is going to be an FA after this year but that would be a pretty stellar staff. I think I would rather have them wait it out though. I think Romine may be the starting catcher in a few years. Montero is struggling behind (and at, but I am not worried about that) the dish in AAA.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just listened to the Gammons interview with Francesca from yesterday (thank god for podcasts). He said the Mariners will only trade Cliff Lee in a package that includes a catching prospect. He said if the Yanks have starting pitching problems, he can see them dealing Romine. Not sure how I feel about this considering he is going to be an FA after this year but that would be a pretty stellar staff. I think I would rather have them wait it out though. I think Romine may be the starting catcher in a few years. Montero is struggling behind (and at, but I am not worried about that) the dish in AAA.

don't we have 3 "stud" catching prospects? if thats the case this should be considered
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

don't we have 3 "stud" catching prospects? if thats the case this should be considered

Well yeah, kind of. Cervelli never really projected to be a starting big league catcher, he was hitting .233 in AAA when he was called up and is hitting about .300 in his big league career since and has filled in for Posada betting than anyone could have ever expected. My only worry is, who knows if he can keep these numbers up.

Romine and Montero are different stories. Montero is a great bat and a suspect catcher at best. Romine is a great catcher and looking like a good bat.

If they trade Romine my only worry is that, if Montero can't stick behind the plate and Cervelli can't hit, they are shit out of luck for a starting catcher.

I definitely think it should be considered IF they need starting pitching this year. I just think they need to really consider the consequences, which I am more than sure they will considering the job this front office has done int he past few years.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,139
    or you could sign him next offseason and give up the draft pick. I could definitely see Lee joining the Yankees, especially since him and Burnett share the same agent.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    or you could sign him next offseason and give up the draft pick. I could definitely see Lee joining the Yankees, especially since him and Burnett share the same agent.

That is what I am thinking unless Vazquez completely bombs or there is an injury and they need a starter. Lee would fit in nicely, for the reason you stated and he is great friends with CC. A 1-4 staff of CC, Lee, Burnett and Hughes is pretty spectacular, plus if Pettitte continues to pitch like this, I don't see him walking away.

I do think its either Crawford or Lee this offesason. Can't see them signing both.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That is what I am thinking unless Vazquez completely bombs or there is an injury and they need a starter. Lee would fit in nicely, for the reason you stated and he is great friends with CC. A 1-4 staff of CC, Lee, Burnett and Hughes is pretty spectacular, plus if Pettitte continues to pitch like this, I don't see him walking away.

I do think its either Crawford or Lee this offesason. Can't see them signing both.

what are the particulars of vazquez's contract? if he completely BOMBS this year... is there a chance to move him at the end of the season?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,946
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what are the particulars of vazquez's contract? if he completely BOMBS this year... is there a chance to move him at the end of the season?

Free agent after this season. He said he does not plan to play until he is 40 and might go year to year on contracts here on out. We will see about that.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Do we really need starting pitching? Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes, and Pettitte are all very solid, and Vasquez is starting to pick it up.

I'd say our main problem right now is the bullpen.
  • Options
    tcaporale wrote:
    Do we really need starting pitching? Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes, and Pettitte are all very solid, and Vasquez is starting to pick it up.

I'd say our main problem right now is the bullpen.

I was saying if Vazquez bombs or there is an injury.

Bullpen will get worked out. They will be able to pick up pieces without giving up much.
  • Options
    well my favorite pitcher is going tonight :mrgreen:

keep it rolling philip
  • Options
    6-1 SO FAR SWEET
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,585
    HUUUUUUGHES
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The boys are on a roll. Got the lineup back together (except for the DH who is secretly a woman) and playing the worst team in baseball. Just what the doctor ordered.
  • Options
    Um, Robinson Cano.
  • Options
    hughes is a beast.

competing with pettitte for cy young right now.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,585
    Hughes will be 7-1 with a 2.54 era. And 9k/9ip
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Um, Robinson Cano.

I know...damn. :shock:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)