Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,572
    winn sucks ass. if you can't hit for shit, you better catch everything. i hope they cut him when granderson comes back

Thames isn't better defensively either. But I guess his bat is better.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    What a brutal stretch. When it rains, it pours.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    and you still will win the al east. In the end this stretch won't matter. I laugh when yankees complain bout the regular season and make it matter. Try being a mets and having your team always find new way to blow a game.

Btw- that was bull shit when the umpire gave a warning to both benches after bay got hit. On the replay you could clearly see the catcher set up one way and the ball go totally the other way. Jason bay should get a oscar for that acting job. Bout the only good thing he's done at the plate this season.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    and you still will win the al east. In the end this stretch won't matter. I laugh when yankees complain bout the regular season and make it matter. Try being a mets and having your team always find new way to blow a game.

Btw- that was bull shit when the umpire gave a warning to both benches after bay got hit. On the replay you could clearly see the catcher set up one way and the ball go totally the other way. Jason bay should get a oscar for that acting job. Bout the only good thing he's done at the plate this season.

jeez the guy crushes two pitches off the Yankee ace and you're still negative...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,572
    This was a bad week alright.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am not real worried, just a brutla stretch of baseball. I am very confident the Yankees will make the post season. They are in a team wide slump right now that is not going to last.

Yeah, that was horrible, not to mention it was a 75 mph breaking ball.
  • Options
    Fantastic Girardi interview

http://hbr.org/web/2010/06/girardi
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

jeez the guy crushes two pitches off the Yankee ace and you're still negative...
    ohhhh I could find a few things wrong with that game last night but hey I'll gladly take 2 out of 3 from big brother anytime.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Relief on its way, this will make some of you guys happy ... gets one of those stiffs out of the OF.
    Yankees GM Brian Cashman confirmed Monday that Curtis Granderson (groin) is likely to be activated from the disabled list on Friday.

oh and .... pot, meet kettle ...
    these guys don't come here when things are bad

same shit
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:
    Relief on its way, this will make some of you guys happy ... gets one of those stiffs out of the OF.
    Yankees GM Brian Cashman confirmed Monday that Curtis Granderson (groin) is likely to be activated from the disabled list on Friday.

oh and .... pot, meet kettle ...
    these guys don't come here when things are bad

same shit

IM HERE JUST FEEL LIKE SHIT

AND MY OH MY YOU CATS WIN A FEW AND THE SHIT POPPING BEGINS
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Granderson coming back will be outstanding, will make the bottom of the lineup much stronger.
  • Options
    i think its time to flop jeter with gardner
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

Not shit popping (what ever that is) ... I've been having reasonable discussions with Yankee fans, through wins, losses, whatever .... all along.

Just found your comments pretty ironic.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

Not shit popping (what ever that is) ... I've been having reasonable discussions with Yankee fans, through wins, losses, whatever .... all along.

Just found your comments pretty ironic.

shit popping is when your team wins a few and you start talking shit :lol: aka bosux fans
    THE WORLD CHAMPS will be fine..dont you worry ;)

but i dont have the energy to argue with you at the moment

im going home

LET'S GO YANKEES
  • Options
    To be clear, the comment wasn't directed at cliffy, igotid88, xavier ... they didn't post what you posted in the Sox thread.

Just pointing out how interesting it was for you to post that and then, disappear when the Yanks hit a tough strecth. Obviously struck a nerve as you responded with a quickness. Lighten up.

The main focus of my post was Granderson ... getting guys like that back (and having Vazquez pitch like he did against the Mets) will be huge.

• Options
    i think its time to flop jeter with gardner

Gardner is crashing back to earth and Jeter is starting to hit, 3 hits again on Sunday (one that ripped double). I hope granderson hits 2 when he comes back.
  • Options
    we finally play an outdoor game in minny after 100 years and it gets rained out :roll:
  • Options
    Chad Gaudin is back and I normally wouldn't be thrilled about this except it means one thing....

BYE BYE BOONE LOGAN!!!! (Edit: Hopefully at least)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Chad Gaudin is back and I normally wouldn't be thrilled about this except it means one thing....

BYE BYE BOONE LOGAN!!!! (Edit: Hopefully at least)

sweeet ..should have never left
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    we finally play an outdoor game in minny after 100 years and it gets rained out :roll:

found this ironic too.

we will turn this shit around. cleveland/baltimore/toronto/baltimore/houston.

going saturday against cleveland. can't wait to roast in the upper deck!
  • Options

found this ironic too.

we will turn this shit around. cleveland/baltimore/toronto/baltimore/houston.

going saturday against cleveland. can't wait to roast in the upper deck!

I will be there as well, section 424. Not supposed to be too hot. Big guy is on the mound I think.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135

Actually it was 29 years at Metropolitan Stadium in Reggie Jackson's last season as a Yankee. So what did I miss in here? Was there a Billy Martin type argument brewing in here with some dirt being kicked?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I will be there as well, section 424. Not supposed to be too hot. Big guy is on the mound I think.

good deal man. i am in 432A. slowly becoming my section of choice. tickets are no more than $20 on stubhub, and you have a great view of the entire field. always liked the wings of the upper deck. and yeah, looks like CC is scheduled.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

good deal man. i am in 432A. slowly becoming my section of choice. tickets are no more than $20 on stubhub, and you have a great view of the entire field. always liked the wings of the upper deck. and yeah, looks like CC is scheduled.

thats cool, never been out there. Think I had tickets in that section or so last year for the phillies series and ended up jsut standing downstairs. I tend to go upper deck as close to home plate as possible. I should check that area out though, good view of the field.
  • Options
    There you go Jeter.

Would be awesome if Burnett won this game.
  • Options
    Jeter still makes that play look easy
  • Options
    Good day for the yanks fellas. 2 wins from a good team, series win and about to play a lot of shitty teams.

Offense stil needs to wake up
  • Options
    sweet

andy just amazing..it really is
  • Options
    sweet

andy just amazing..it really is

That double play was one of the highlights of the season so far.