Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    Boone loogan is so bad. The yanks struggles last year went to late June, hopefully they can stay afloat weather the storm and tear it up againin the 2nd half. Just get them healthy
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jorge Posada is going for an MRI because the problem in his foot still hasn’t gone away.[/i]

Fractured foot, could miss up to a month.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,570
    Even with the injuries they're still scoring 6 runs. I hope Montero or Romine come up. And not Moeller.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    igotid88 wrote:
    Even with the injuries they're still scoring 6 runs. I hope Montero or Romine come up. And not Moeller.

Don't bet on it. If you assume Cervelli is the starter five out of every seven games is it really logical to let one of those two sit when they could be playing every day in the minors?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

Don't bet on it. If you assume Cervelli is the starter five out of every seven games is it really logical to let one of those two sit when they could be playing every day in the minors?

they can dh a game or 2. And it'll be for 3 weeks.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I wonder if they'll put Nick Johnson on the 40 man to make room for the new catcher.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

they can dh a game or 2. And it'll be for 3 weeks.

They can but I doubt they want do it without the promise of regular at-bats even for three or four weeks.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I can't wait to see both of them play but it's too early. Romine has been mashing but is in AA and Montero struggled out of the gate, no need to throw either of them into the fire yet.

I would imagine Johnson will be placed on the 60 day DL to clear a spot. They are definitely going to need 2 position players though. This is gettign frustrating.
  • Options
    Johnson to 60 day, Moeller up

How about sending a pitcher down and bringing up another position player ASAP?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Roster moves via Lo Hud

Mark Melancon to Scranton.
    Jorge Posada to the DL.
    Chad Moeller contract purchased.
    Kevin Russo recalled.
    Nick Johnson to 60-day DL
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Roster moves via Lo Hud

Jorge Posada to the DL.
    Kevin Russo recalled.

it's a good thing a-rod and tex have found their swing.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Roster moves via Lo Hud

Jorge Posada to the DL.
    Kevin Russo recalled.

it's a good thing a-rod and tex have found their swing.

Yes it is, althought I would like to see Tex get that average up. Looks like swisher will be in the lineup.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yes it is, althought I would like to see Tex get that average up. Looks like swisher will be in the lineup.

still limited to the right side of the plate though???
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

still limited to the right side of the plate though???

Doubtful, shields is a righty so would imagine he will be hitting left, sounds like he is fine. Girardi said he was going to wait to see him take BP to confirm but sounds like he is good.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,557
    you know it's a long game when it pre-empts the entire hour long baseball tonight.....jeez--all i was looking for were some highlights. instead i am subjected to a blowout played in front of an almost entirely empty stadium :lol:

nice little comeback at the end there though.

the rays are real f'ing good....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    you know it's a long game when it pre-empts the entire hour long baseball tonight.....jeez--all i was looking for were some highlights. instead i am subjected to a blowout played in front of an almost entirely empty stadium :lol:

Yeah, brutal, a couple runs at the end, but they didn't have a shot.

Rays are good, not this good. LIke i said to Jimed, they are not going to win 116 games, which they are on pace for right now
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Six runs off of Pettitte already.

I mean, I know it's only May, but damn the Rays are good.

At least we're in the game, though. Not the embarrassing blowout yesterday's game was.
  • Options
    Brutal stretch

nice double from jeter there. 3 hits tonight.

Can we please get rid of Randy winn. Please. I will even pitch in a couple bucks for his salary.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thank God. He was killing me in fantasy the past few weeks ... to the point I was actually considering starting Casey McGehee over him this week. Casey freakin' McGehee!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thank God. He was killing me in fantasy the past few weeks ... to the point I was actually considering starting Casey McGehee over him this week. Casey freakin' McGehee!

funny. I traded Casey McGehee (along with matt Cain and Ike Davis) for jeter ( and Joba)
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    you know it is funny a lot of talk about all the injuries, but really it has been the pitching staff that has been fucking up this week.

The yanks have been scoring runs the pitching staff has just sucked. The bullpen, the startes (except CC) have all been aweful.

Not to worry though Vazquez is on the bump today..... :?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,557
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Rays are good, not this good. LIke i said to Jimed, they are not going to win 116 games, which they are on pace for right now

no but they'll be in the mix for 95-100 though...i think a lot of people forget they were in the world series just a year and a half ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

no but they'll be in the mix for 95-100 though...i think a lot of people forget they were in the world series just a year and a half ago.

Oh for sure. They are a good team. Gave the Yanks a beatdown the last 2 nights.
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    you know it is funny a lot of talk about all the injuries, but really it has been the pitching staff that has been fucking up this week.

The yanks have been scoring runs the pitching staff has just sucked. The bullpen, the startes (except CC) have all been aweful.

Good point, i guess it gets lost in the mix when you see the likes of Winn at the plate but they have scored 6 runs each of the past 3 nights. Pitching was so great for the first month +, hopefully they can get back on track.

The great news coming out of yesterday is that Robertson looked absoultely filthy and Jeter had 3 hits.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Good point, i guess it gets lost in the mix when you see the likes of Winn at the plate but they have scored 6 runs each of the past 3 nights. Pitching was so great for the first month +, hopefully they can get back on track.

The great news coming out of yesterday is that Robertson looked absoultely filthy and Jeter had 3 hits.
    I loved the Jeter/Gardner back to back bunts early in the game. That was sweet
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    How about Vasquez shining against the Mets!
  • Options
    We're making these Mets pitchers look too good...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    tcaporale wrote:
    We're making these Mets pitchers look too good...
    you didn't make anyone look good. pelf has pitching like dat all season cept for the phils at da bank. mets bullpen sucked and nearly blew the game if it wasn't for mejia.tomorrows night game is either gonna be 10-9 or 1-0 where both starting pitchers throw a gem.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Hughes pitched better than what the numbers say. And that should be an error on Wynn. Who cares if he didn't touch the ball?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    winn sucks ass. if you can't hit for shit, you better catch everything. i hope they cut him when granderson comes back