Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    awesome!

when vazquez came in, i said to myself... the only way he can win back yankee fans is if he DRILLS youk on the first pitch. good thing he didnt, because he dominated him on, what? 4 pitches?

espn is fucking ridiculous. right now there is a front page story about a-rod and steriods. really? classless boston fan writer?
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    got pie ???????? :lol::lol:
    Watching arod go apeshit last night was pretty awesome. The way they all ran out there (particularly arod) and were pushing each other around waiting for Thames to come home was pretty cool.

It just sucks so many seats down in the front rows were empty. I saw one shot that made me cringe with people leaving early. you dont leave the stadium early. :(

watching the celebration in "yes mo" (worst name EVER), was great. every single player's face was light up like a christmas tree.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    intodeep wrote:
    got pie ???????? :lol::lol:
    Watching arod go apeshit last night was pretty awesome. The way they all ran out there (particularly arod) and were pushing each other around waiting for Thames to come home was pretty cool.

It just sucks so many seats down in the front rows were empty. I saw one shot that made me cringe with people leaving early. you dont leave the stadium early. :(

watching the celebration in "yes mo" (worst name EVER), was great. every single player's face was light up like a christmas tree.

thats a great feature especially when the players throw a ball
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Posada is one of my fav Yankees of all time BUT.... anyone else getting a Cevelli jersey?
    Fiery scrappy little bastard. Love it.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    Posada is one of my fav Yankees of all time BUT.... anyone else getting a Cevelli jersey?
    Fiery scrappy little bastard. Love it.

11 -14 w/ RISP :o
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    awesome!

when vazquez came in, i said to myself... the only way he can win back yankee fans is if he DRILLS youk on the first pitch. good thing he didnt, because he dominated him on, what? 4 pitches?

espn is fucking ridiculous. right now there is a front page story about a-rod and steriods. really? classless boston fan writer?

I don't think it's classless at all. It's a legit question. When you see him homer like that, it's pretty apparent he didn't need boli or any other steroid.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

is thames up?

you always link the sweet videos

think ill post it in the bosox thread :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

is thames up?

you always link the sweet videos

think ill post it in the bosox thread :mrgreen:

Arod first, then goes straight to Thames.
  • Options
    i put it in the boston fanviews :lol:
  • Options
    awesome!

I don't think it's classless at all. It's a legit question. When you see him homer like that, it's pretty apparent he didn't need boli or any other steroid.

i don't know man. out of all the things to talk about from last night's game, this writer goes the steroid route? a topic beaten to death. does MLB really need another steroid article written? especially after another epic red sox/yankee game?

it's a joke. where is the cover story about papelbon's inability to pitch to the yankees? meltdown after meltdown. biased espn writers.
  • Options
    If you look around the ESPN New York or ESPN Boston site where the article appeared you'll see the other articles about those things. That writer is a general columnist and not a baseball-only one, which is why he probably wrote it. I definitely agree it's an overdone topic, but it's definitely a valid point.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    What happened???
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    tcaporale wrote:
    What happened???

baseball happened.

just like last night, it's one game.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,563
    They should had let Cervelli hit. He's batting close to .700 with RISP.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tcaporale wrote:
    What happened???

as john sterling likes to say, you can't predict baseball....
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Only thing to say about last night is that it was a piss poor performance at the end of the game. Gotta shrug it off, Division leaders coming in today.

Can we get rid of Randy Winn though? Please...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Only thing to say about last night is that it was a piss poor performance at the end of the game. Gotta shrug it off, Division leaders coming in today.

I hate reading the news the next day when the yankees lose. Especially a loss like that.

In hindsight it looks like the defensive play was not Winn's fault as he was playing shallow like his manager told him to.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hate reading the news the next day when the yankees lose. Especially a loss like that.

In hindsight it looks like the defensive play was not Winn's fault as he was playing shallow like his manager told him to.

Last night was brutal, I went to the Phillies game and got home just in time for the meltdown. That was a tough one. Gotta rebound today against a good team. The Yanks are in a much better situation than this time last year but last night was a tough loss to swallow.

Yeah, I know it probably wasn't his fault. But in the bottom of the 9th I had absolutely no faith in him getting a hit.
  • Options
    Like I said at the bottom of the last page ... it is only one game. Ebbs and flows of the season, shit like this is going to happen (although, this is 2 straight games for the Joba/Mo combo to blow games late).

Granted, if the Sox and Yanks are going to keep relying on the likes of Darnell McDonald, Jeremy Hermida, Marcus Thames and Randy Winn at the end of ball games ... the Rays are probably going to run away with the division, all these guys aren't the caliber of player either team is used to putting heavy milage on.

A surprising no show form neilybabes this morning in this thead, or the Sox thread. That cat chatters like no one's business and calls people out when they aren't around after a tough loss.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Like I said at the bottom of the last page ... it is only one game. Ebbs and flows of the season, shit like this is going to happen (although, this is 2 straight games for the Joba/Mo combo to blow games late).

Granted, if the Sox and Yanks are going to keep relying on the likes of Darnell McDonald, Jeremy Hermida, Marcus Thames and Randy Winn at the end of ball games ... the Rays are probably going to run away with the division, all these guys aren't the caliber of player either team is used to putting heavy milage on.

A surprising no show form neilybabes this morning in this thead, or the Sox thread. That cat chatters like no one's business and calls people out when they aren't around after a tough loss.

Absolutely man, some are just tougher to swallow than others. Like I said, gotta move on and rebound today. Just a frustrating couple games, even with the big win.

I hear you on that, although hopefully the Yanks get some of their guys back soon to stop relying on them. Winn didn't ahve a shot against Papelbon last night. Swisher and Posada should be back today or tomorrow I think, and Granderson at the end of the month, early June. Those three in the lineup instead of what they have will make a big difference.

Rays are hot but have had a fairly easy schedule. They will come back down to earth, hopefully today and tomorrow.

Was there a setback with Cameron? Thought I might have heard about something minor.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Was there a setback with Cameron? Thought I might have heard about something minor.

It looks like Ellsbury is going to beat him back off the DL ... who freakin' knows anymore with Cameron, first it was a side strain, then an appendicitis, then kidney stones ... Sox are throwing out more fake signals about his injury than Belichick.

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Rays are hot but have had a fairly easy schedule. They will come back down to earth, hopefully today and tomorrow.

Eh, I hate to say it, but their pitching is for real. And, it's real young. Garza, Shields, Price, Niemann and Davis ... all 5 have ERAs under 3.4 ... 3 of them are 2.5 and under.

• Options
    what's with a 2 game series? would love a rubber match tonight.

bring on the rays though. 40 games into the season and looks like they are here to stay. HUGE series. hopefully burnett can rebound from his fenway meltdown.

randy winn. i cringe when i see that guy at the plate. he looks like a 14 year old taking the weakest hacks at the ball.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Eh, I hate to say it, but their pitching is for real. And, it's real young. Garza, Shields, Price, Niemann and Davis ... all 5 have ERAs under 3.4 ... 3 of them are 2.5 and under.

No doubt about it but they have played a pretty easy schedule so far and are not going to have a win % of .718 all year, they are good, but not this good.
  • Options
    Just going to copy and paste from LoHud since I am so sick of this shit.

Nick Swisher tried to swing left-handed last night in the late innings and felt more discomfort in his biceps. Jorge Posada is going for an MRI because the problem in his foot still hasn’t gone away.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

as a giants fan, I noticed he was the only guy dice-k was able to strike out on monday night. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

as a giants fan, I noticed he was the only guy dice-k was able to strike out on monday night. :roll:

As singularity correctly noted, he looks like a 14 year old at the plate. It is brutal. It's like he doesn't have a shot when he steps into the box.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Man, The Rays are no joke for sure.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

As singularity correctly noted, he looks like a 14 year old at the plate. It is brutal. It's like he doesn't have a shot when he steps into the box.

note to MLB: if the can't-hit-their-way-out-of-a-paper-bag GIANTS give up on a hitter, he's done.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16