The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Gives the yanks and Pineda a good excuse to start the season in the minors
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dl for Pineda. Inflammation which I would assume means there is not structural. I would imagine a lot of this has to do with him not working much this offseason.

Sounds like food news though, right?

So it shoulder tendinitis which is great news, hopefully he can get back before end of April. In other news Yankees signed Jack Cust and resigned Branyon to a minor league deal, good insurance with ibanez on this team.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Agreed, bronx. The ny mentality when it comes to things like this makes no fucking sense. He has yet to throw one meaningful inning and has a sore shoulder and people are declaring him a bust. Come on.

forgive me..just nervous with this kd

we traded ur boy..the next "star" for him
    granted montero can't catch

but when i think of the players we could have gotten if montero was included..it makes me nervous w/ pineda
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i admit..the rangers have had 100% of my attention so i don't understand,,,

why is Nova fighting for the 5th spot? what happened
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Agreed, bronx. The ny mentality when it comes to things like this makes no fucking sense. He has yet to throw one meaningful inning and has a sore shoulder and people are declaring him a bust. Come on.

forgive me..just nervous with this kd

we traded ur boy..the next "star" for him
    granted montero can't catch

but when i think of the players we could have gotten if montero was included..it makes me nervous w/ pineda

I hear you, man. Just seems like half the fanbase is giving up on this kid before he pitches an inning. That is frustrating the hell out of me. Unfortunately it seems he didn't put in much work over the offseason and it looks like this is how it ended up. Hopefully this will give him time to get his stuff together and be ready to go before May. I still think this kid is going to be the real deal. Just delayed by a few weeks.
    i admit..the rangers have had 100% of my attention so i don't understand,,,

why is Nova fighting for the 5th spot? what happened

Hasn't been great and the Yanks have a lot of pitchers.
    Watching the Yankees replay and i cant believe how bad the marlins new park looks wtf where they thinking?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    A-Rod and Torrie Wilson sitting ringside at WrestleMania
    I miss igotid88
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Watching the Yankees replay and i cant believe how bad the marlins new park looks wtf where they thinking?

As someone who was at the ballpark today, I don't think it was that bad in person. The "pastel" thing work for the area, with the tile and flamingo/marlin centerfield thing. I am a big fan of the old ballpark theme, but that doesn't work here.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
    Maybe it's different in person but on tv that stadium really looks terrible. That thing out in centerfield is the most hideous thing I've ever seen at a ballpark. I'm surprised they didn't put windmills on the bases.
    Jenfarr wrote:

As someone who was at the ballpark today, I don't think it was that bad in person. The "pastel" thing work for the area, with the tile and flamingo/marlin centerfield thing. I am a big fan of the old ballpark theme, but that doesn't work here.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    looks like you bastards have another potential beast on the farm. cashman has been killing it lately in regards to signing amateur talent.

From Jim Callis (who also picked the yanks to beat SF in the WS)...

With the Yankees' signing of Dominican righthander Jose Rafael DePaula finally becoming official this week, where does he rank among Yankees prospects? What BA Grade would he have gotten in the 2012 Prospect Handbook?

Ryan Hall
    Abingdon, Md.
    DePaula originally presented himself to MLB as Rafael DePaula Figueroa and with a birthdate of April 1, 1992, which would have made him eligible to sign on July 2, 2008. He only threw in mid- to high 80s at the time and went unsigned that summer, though the following spring he drew significant attention by working in the low 90s and peaking at 95. But MLB suspended him for one year because of issues related to his documentation, making him ineligible to sign until Jan. 7, 2010.

In June 2010, BA assistant editor Ben Badler reported that DePaula had presented a new name (Jose Rafael DePaula) and birthdate (March 24, 1991, making him a year older than he originally stated). That November, he agreed to a $500,000 bonus from the Yankees, contingent upon him receiving a visa to enter the United States. That process took 16 months, during which he worked out at the Yankees' academy in the Dominican Republic.

Ben is our go-to guy on international affairs, and he says he'd grade DePaula as a 60/Extreme. On our Yankees Top 10 Prospects list, that would place DePaula in the midst of catcher Austin Romine (50/Low at No. 8), catcher/third baseman J.R. Murphy (55/High at No. 9) and outfielder Slade Heathcott (60/Extreme at No. 10). I'd err on the side of upside and put DePaula ahead of all of them.

Here are some more thoughts from Ben on DePaula:

His talent is legitimate. The fastball really is touching the high 90s, power curve, good body, good mechanics, he's just had an extremely atypical developmental path because of the suspension and visa issue. I don't stick my neck out much on the international amateur guys, but we did with Carlos Martinez at No. 3 for the Cardinals in 2011 and Miguel Sano at No. 4 for the Twins in 2010, and I think DePaula is that type of player. I don't like running up the 16-year-old signings much because there's still so much projection involved, but DePaula is 21 and has now stuff.
    The Fixer wrote:
    looks like you bastards have another potential beast on the farm. cashman has been killing it lately in regards to signing amateur talent.

From Jim Callis (who also picked the yanks to beat SF in the WS)...

With the Yankees' signing of Dominican righthander Jose Rafael DePaula finally becoming official this week, where does he rank among Yankees prospects? What BA Grade would he have gotten in the 2012 Prospect Handbook?

Ryan Hall
    Abingdon, Md.
    DePaula originally presented himself to MLB as Rafael DePaula Figueroa and with a birthdate of April 1, 1992, which would have made him eligible to sign on July 2, 2008. He only threw in mid- to high 80s at the time and went unsigned that summer, though the following spring he drew significant attention by working in the low 90s and peaking at 95. But MLB suspended him for one year because of issues related to his documentation, making him ineligible to sign until Jan. 7, 2010.

In June 2010, BA assistant editor Ben Badler reported that DePaula had presented a new name (Jose Rafael DePaula) and birthdate (March 24, 1991, making him a year older than he originally stated). That November, he agreed to a $500,000 bonus from the Yankees, contingent upon him receiving a visa to enter the United States. That process took 16 months, during which he worked out at the Yankees' academy in the Dominican Republic.

Ben is our go-to guy on international affairs, and he says he'd grade DePaula as a 60/Extreme. On our Yankees Top 10 Prospects list, that would place DePaula in the midst of catcher Austin Romine (50/Low at No. 8), catcher/third baseman J.R. Murphy (55/High at No. 9) and outfielder Slade Heathcott (60/Extreme at No. 10). I'd err on the side of upside and put DePaula ahead of all of them.

Here are some more thoughts from Ben on DePaula:

His talent is legitimate. The fastball really is touching the high 90s, power curve, good body, good mechanics, he's just had an extremely atypical developmental path because of the suspension and visa issue. I don't stick my neck out much on the international amateur guys, but we did with Carlos Martinez at No. 3 for the Cardinals in 2011 and Miguel Sano at No. 4 for the Twins in 2010, and I think DePaula is that type of player. I don't like running up the 16-year-old signings much because there's still so much projection involved, but DePaula is 21 and has now stuff.

Don't know too much about this kid but have heard good things. That Campos kid they got in the Montero trade is also supposed to be a stud.
    campos isn't starting in the majors is he?

Are Robertson and Soriano on the opening day roster?
    The Fixer wrote:

No, he's a long ways away. He's only 19. If you're talking about Pineda, no. He'll be out a little while

Yeah, why wouldn't they be?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I wonder if they will give Robertson a taste of closing out some games this year?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No, he's a long ways away. He's only 19. If you're talking about Pineda, no. He'll be out a little while

I didn't know if either of them were injured. I know robertson hurt his foot early in ST and wasn't sure if he was healthy. I have my dynasty baseball supplement draft tonight. 12 owners each keep 30 players, then we have a 5 round draft to fill our our 35 man roster. We are pretty much huge nerds. I always look to fill out my roster with high K RPs (got vinny pestano in the last round last year...great find). Robertson and Soriano are both available, so I'll be looking to get both of them
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I didn't know if either of them were injured. I know robertson hurt his foot early in ST and wasn't sure if he was healthy. I have my dynasty baseball supplement draft tonight. 12 owners each keep 30 players, then we have a 5 round draft to fill our our 35 man roster. We are pretty much huge nerds. I always look to fill out my roster with high K RPs (got vinny pestano in the last round last year...great find). Robertson and Soriano are both available, so I'll be looking to get both of them

Word, figured you were talking about that.
    Just got my season tickets in the mail today and let me tell you, they are sick. Instead of all current players on the tickets, like most years and like most teams do, each ticket is a Yankees milestone, record, or huge moment in the history of the team. Absolutely sick.

This is what the book looks like

http://waswatching.com/wp-content/uploa ... n-Tkts.jpg

FUCK YES! LETS GO YANKS!
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just got my season tickets in the mail today and let me tell you, they are sick. Instead of all current players on the tickets, like most years and like most teams do, each ticket is a Yankees milestone, record, or huge moment in the history of the team. Absolutely sick.

FUCK YES! LETS GO YANKS!

Nice!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

FUCK YES! LETS GO YANKS!

That's cool! It's weird seeing Jeter with all of those legends but he desreves to be there. His number should be retired the minute he decides to hang them up.
    Absolutely, DS. Jeter doesn't just get his number retired, he gets a plaque out there, no doubt about it. It's awesome seeing him with them. Love the tickets this year.

Speaking of, I think im going to have yanks-red sox tickets available for the last weekend in July if anyone is interested.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Absolutely, DS. Jeter doesn't just get his number retired, he gets a plaque out there, no doubt about it. It's awesome seeing him with them. Love the tickets this year.

Speaking of, I think im going to have yanks-red sox tickets available for the last weekend in July if anyone is interested.

Put my name on the list. :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Check your PMs
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    okay Kentucky won. now it's your turn Yankees
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Last 6 times they've won it's happened. Do your business Yankees.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    igotid88 wrote:

:mrgreen:
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    There's supposedly a chance that Pettitte could pitch in tomorrow's Spring Training finale against the Mets.
    oh right..everytime kentucky wins..the yanks win right? 8-)