• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    5 strong from Javy
  • Options
    Well...this is not a good start.
  • Options
    Too bad they couldn't get 2 on that but I will take that.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    and their it goes
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Big dp. 2 runs through 6 is not bad at all. Now if the offense could fucking wake up.
  • Options
    Hell of a fucking start from Javy and the offense goes to sleep. Please don't let Javy take a loss in this game
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hell of a fucking start from Javy and the offense goes to sleep. Please don't let Javy take a loss in this game

at least the bullpen wont get banged up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    wow a yanks game in under 2 1/2 hours!!!!

need hughes big tonight
  • Options
    Shitty loss.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Injuries seem like they're starting to weigh in on them.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the yankees' bats were snoozing right next to griffey.
  • Options
    hughes comes up big tonight
  • Options
    Jay-Z and Eminem concert at Yankee Stadium. I will be there for sure, probably going to sound like shit though.
  • Options
    HUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jay-Z and Eminem concert at Yankee Stadium. I will be there for sure, probably going to sound like shit though.

tigers almost scored with those jinx's :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

tigers almost scored with those jinx's :mrgreen:

haha, i know. Hughes came up big.
  • Options
    that was some play by cervelli
  • Options
    You guys think that if Gardner can continue to put up numbers even close to this, the Yanks might not sign Crawford this offseason and maybe put the money towards Cliff Lee or someone? I mean he is not going to hit .320 this season but if he hits .290 with 50-60 steals. If the Yankees want to stay around the $200 mil mark, it is going to be pretty difficult to sign more than one big FA.
  • Options
    Yeah....I do not miss Phil Coke....not a little bit.
  • Options
    MARIANO WITH AN 8 RUN LEAD :lol:

i think we're ok tonight
  • Options

i think we're ok tonight

Good win. Hughes was outstanding again (you know, i think this kid is going to be good, haha). Offense woke up and we don't have to worry about the Yankees beating Verlander tomorrow to break a 4 game losing streak.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i think we're ok tonight

Good win. Hughes was outstanding again (you know, i think this kid is going to be good, haha). Offense woke up and we don't have to worry about the Yankees beating Verlander tomorrow to break a 4 game losing streak.

he really is fucking good :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,558
    HUUUUUUGHES
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys think that if Gardner can continue to put up numbers even close to this, the Yanks might not sign Crawford this offseason and maybe put the money towards Cliff Lee or someone? I mean he is not going to hit .320 this season but if he hits .290 with 50-60 steals. If the Yankees want to stay around the $200 mil mark, it is going to be pretty difficult to sign more than one big FA.

I think he can continue to play at this level. He has cut down big time on strikeouts and pop-ups, which were what dragged his numbers down last year (and he still hit 270, with limited play, never getting a real chance to get into the groove). He's got more walsk than K's, which is hard o believe, considering his speed and the lineup....how could you ever walk him? I could see him finishing the year around 310, 70 steals, 110 runs.That doesn't mean they won't go after crawford, but it does mean they won't be so desperate to get him. I love the idea of cliff lee, esp. since most of the big time pitchers who were in their walk year have already signed long term extionsions
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think he can continue to play at this level. He has cut down big time on strikeouts and pop-ups, which were what dragged his numbers down last year (and he still hit 270, with limited play, never getting a real chance to get into the groove). He's got more walsk than K's, which is hard o believe, considering his speed and the lineup....how could you ever walk him? I could see him finishing the year around 310, 70 steals, 110 runs.That doesn't mean they won't go after crawford, but it does mean they won't be so desperate to get him. I love the idea of cliff lee, esp. since most of the big time pitchers who were in their walk year have already signed long term extionsions

I am not quite that optimistic but I think he could have a very good year. It is pretty incredible how many pitches he gets his bat on with the hack of a swing that he has. He fouls off everything and waits for his pitch very well. You are right though, a good year from Gardner definitely means they wont be as desperate for Crawford which means they wont overpay bit time.

My only concern with Lee is that they will have a lot of pitchers loked up into their later 30's. Then again, if they do sign him, it won't hurt as much if CC opts out.
  • Options
    miranda and olsen both playing
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    these afternoon games are nice,
    except at around 8pm when i go remote control flicking and theres
    an already seen matinee game being re-broadcast.

:)

c'mon CC
    Lets Go Yankees
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    these afternoon games are nice,
    except at around 8pm when i go remote control flicking and theres
    an already seen matinee game being re-broadcast.

:)

c'mon CC
    Lets Go Yankees

Yep, this means an unproducive afternoon for me. Going to see Dr Dog and Deer Tick tonight so kind of nice its a day game.
  • Options
    damon trying to bunt...CC like a cat off the mound!!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    1:00 starts can suck it!