The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

we got washed up pedro. i would have taken prime pedro in a nano second. you're fooling yourself if you wouldn't. remember how that worked out? :lol:

NO I MEANT post sux pedro= washed up

not wanting him because he's washed up is different than not wanting him because he's "redsox great, pedro martinez."

:?

you don't understand...i didn't want pedro of any period..he was/is a piece of shit who i would never ever root for ....that's just me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    Cause he threw homeboy by the head back in the day?
    Or just cause you think he's douchey?
    MLMF Det
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited October 2011

NO I MEANT post sux pedro= washed up

not wanting him because he's washed up is different than not wanting him because he's "redsox great, pedro martinez."

you don't understand...i didn't want pedro of any period..he was/is a piece of shit who i would never ever root for ....that's just me

with all due respect, you just contradicted your previous post which lead to my confusion.
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    See Neily how you feel about Pedro i feel about Manny. Fuck Him, should have came to the Yankees after Cleveland.
    Cause he threw homeboy by the head back in the day?
    Or just cause you think he's douchey?

all of the above
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

with all due respect, you just contradicted your previous post which lead to my confusion.

no my words got twisted ...i never wanted him . even when he was dominant...just too many heated series to ever like the guy

and then throwing an 80 yr old guy to the ground when all u had to do with side step him ..piece of shit

no my words got twisted ...i never wanted him . even when he was dominant...just too many heated series to ever like the guy

and then throwing an 80 yr old guy to the ground when all u had to do with side step him ..piece of shit

i'm calling bullshit. you would love loooooooved prime pedro in yankees pinstripes. loooooooooooooooooved him.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed. I don't get it. I mean Ellsbury had a great year but he was injured last year, not the same thing as Colon. Oh well.

Berkman is a great choice though.
    anyone got a link to the actual voting? I can't find one.

berkman is the clear choice....but my boy ryan vogelsong at least deserved a ton of 2nd place votes (if they do it that way) :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933

i'm calling bullshit. you would love loooooooved prime pedro in yankees pinstripes. loooooooooooooooooved him.
    I threw the bullshit flag a few pages back :problem:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I threw the bullshit flag a few pages back :problem:

i know. i referenced the fraud thread back then. it certainly applies here ;)

i miss watching pedro pitch back in his prime.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed. I don't get it. I mean Ellsbury had a great year but he was injured last year, not the same thing as Colon. Oh well.

Berkman is a great choice though.
    anyone got a link to the actual voting? I can't find one.

berkman is the clear choice....but my boy ryan vogelsong at least deserved a ton of 2nd place votes (if they do it that way) :?

Not sure, haven't seen any voting. It was the MLB beat writers that voted on it.

Anybody would have, as long as it didn't come with the bullshit. He was the most dominant pitcher of that generation, by far.

ARE u smoking crack??????? never never never....once he was established on the sox????? not in a million years

he was great..but he is a piece of shit and the zimmer incident sent me over the edge
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Anybody would have, as long as it didn't come with the bullshit. He was the most dominant pitcher of that generation, by far.

not after all the shit we went through? i mean b4 he was on the sox yea of course,but once he went there and all the fights and shit talking started....NO WAY JOSE
    once he was established on the sox?????

That's the point. Pedro as a pitcher and Pedro as the Sox pitcher and scumbag are two different things. Of course the Yanks would have loved to have him if he came up with them.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not after all the shit we went through? i mean b4 he was on the sox yea of course,but once he went there and all the fights and shit talking started....NO WAY JOSE

Agreed, I don't want him after that bullshit but as a pitcher if the Yanks had him coming up, of course.
    WELL YEA OF COURSE IF WE GOT him from the expos....that's a no brainer...but it was a wrap when he went there
    WELL YEA OF COURSE IF WE GOT him from the expos....that's a no brainer...but it was a wrap when he went there

No doubt. Fuck him.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    where the yanks ever in the talk with him when his expo days were winding down?

always thought he would be a 300 win pitcher.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No doubt. Fuck him.
    :lol:

pedro??? who's YOUR DADDY !!!!!!!!!

FUCK HIM ;)

2009 WAS THE ULTIMATE FUCK YOU TO HIM...but he ws laughing as he walked off the mound..he didn't care ,only got happy when the fans chanted his name ....punk
    rival. wrote:

?? don't remember the details
  • rival. wrote:

I'm sure they were. I just found this story in the http://articles.nydailynews.com/2004-10-17/sports/18281985_1_yankee-gm-brian-cashman-red-sox-sox-acethat says the Expos wanted Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, Eric Milton, Ramiro Mendoza and Homer Bush.

So having Pedro would have been nice but then there would have nobody as good as Rivera to close and nobody as good as Posada to catch.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

I'm sure they were. I just found this story in the http://articles.nydailynews.com/2004-10-17/sports/18281985_1_yankee-gm-brian-cashman-red-sox-sox-acethat says the Expos wanted Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, Eric Milton, Ramiro Mendoza and Homer Bush.

So having Pedro would have been nice but then there would have nobody as good as Rivera to close and nobody as good as Posada to catch.

interesting. those mid/late 90's yankees teams already had such a stellar rotation, you wonder what would have happened if you threw pedro in the mix and took away rivera. would those four champions have still happened? would they have even won one?

hell, even bush was a big part of the '98 post season.
    rival. wrote:

interesting. those mid/late 90's yankees teams already had such a stellar rotation, you wonder what would have happened if you threw pedro in the mix and took away rivera. would those four champions have still happened? would they have even won one?

hell, even bush was a big part of the '98 post season.

w/out mo......no way
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No doubt. Fuck him.

prety sure you guys would have taken him around 2001 or so if he was available somehow. in fact you absolutely would have. your kidding yourselves if you say otherwise (well maybe not neily as we're aware of his fraudlent tendencies ;) )
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No doubt. Fuck him.

prety sure you guys would have taken him around 2001 or so if he was available somehow. in fact you absolutely would have. your kidding yourselves if you say otherwise (well maybe not neily as we're aware of his fraudlent tendencies ;) )

i understand why you don't get it....the phils have no rivalry that comes anywhere close to yanks sox... so you wouldn't really understand where iam coming from
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No doubt. Fuck him.

i understand why you don't get it....the phils have no rivalry that comes anywhere close to yanks sox... so you wouldn't really understand where iam coming from

:lol: ...of course i get it. e v e r y o n e gets it. cliff even gets it. he said he couldn't root for pedro. but the difference between him and you is you said wouldn't be able to root for the yankees anymore. you'd give up on them over one player (like you apparently did with the knicks when they extended ewing and the rangers let messier walk) that is a fraudulent act my friend.
    www.myspace.com

:lol: ...of course i get it. e v e r y o n e gets it. cliff even gets it. he said he couldn't root for pedro. but the difference between him and you is you said wouldn't be able to root for the yankees anymore. you'd give up on them over one player (like you apparently did with the knicks when they extended ewing and the rangers let messier walk) that is a fraudulent act my friend.

you don't have a clue what you are saying...i never liked the knicks...the ewing thing made me HATE them

and i think the yanks brass should realize the fans feelings in situation's like this and never even entertain the thought of signing him ...(just like with pedro) ..i realize i'am a nobody in the grand scheme of things but their is no team w/ out the fans and our support/money
    i don't remember who said it ,but someone said their was never even a thought of signing pedro

you don't have a clue what you are saying...i never liked the knicks...the ewing thing made me HATE them

and i think the yanks brass should realize the fans feelings in situation's like this and never even entertain the thought of signing him ...(just like with pedro) ..i realize i'am a nobody in the grand scheme of things but their is no team w/ out the fans and our support/money
    i don't remember who said it ,but someone said their was never even a thought of signing pedro

team's do no operate that way. they are only looking to make their teams better. and adding a hall of fame pitcher in his prime certainly would have made the yanks a better team back then. and they may have won an extra title or two that they were close to winning about 10 years ago with him in the rotation.

with that said, after the zimmer incident, i can sort of see your point. but i think that didn't happen until 2003. pedro left the sox a year later.
    www.myspace.com