The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    They didn't deserve to advance the better team won , and the Yankee crowds are awful empty seats behind home plate all around that whole section fucking embarrassing ...Fuck Krod and tex and swisher man they stunk up the place ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    So how many home runs do you think fielder will have with the yanks next year??? After jeters ball last night they will probably move the right field wall in from 195 ft to 190 ft. :lol::lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Lots of pink hat red sox fans coming out of the word work today.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    SEASONS OVER!!!!! SEASONS OVER!!!! SEASONS OVER!!!!!

A FRAUD WITH 2 PRICELESS K'S, OUTSTANDING!!

NEW YORK LOSES AND THE REST OF THE COUNTRY WINS!!!!!!

And you're season is going to end tomorrow at the hands of a Yankees cast off. Go away.

dude...he is a brewers fan from wisconsin... he needs to get excited over this :lol:

Actually I'm a Cubs fan, so yeah, I "REALLY" need this excitement, ha!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pureoc wrote:

Actually I'm a Cubs fan, so yeah, I "REALLY" need this excitement, ha!

if there was a totem pole of smack talk allowed by fandom's....the cubs would be on the bottom. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Damn. Really Tex and Arod? Though in my opinion we were playing with house money. I never thought the Yanks would even make it this far this year or that they were dominant team.
    Hard to see Posada go. Gonna miss that madman.

My big question is ... CC? Any thoughts on him opting out? I heard local media has been tough on him the past few weeks saying he let himself go, put all the weight back on. Wouldn't be surprised if its just a defense tactic in case he walks.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Damn. Really Tex and Arod? Though in my opinion we were playing with house money. I never thought the Yanks would even make it this far this year or that they were dominant team.

My big question is ... CC? Any thoughts on him opting out? I heard local media has been tough on him the past few weeks saying he let himself go, put all the weight back on. Wouldn't be surprised if its just a defense tactic in case he walks.

CC is on the decline ... i'll be looking to trade him in my keeper league ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Damn. Really Tex and Arod? Though in my opinion we were playing with house money. I never thought the Yanks would even make it this far this year or that they were dominant team.

I hear you. I feel the same way. Didn't expect them to win but didn't expect it to end like that.

Fun season though. 3,000, Mo breaking the record, Granderson going beast mode, another great year from Cano, Jeters bounce back and getting something out of some old ass pitchers.

CC is going to opt out and the Yankees are going to pay him, they really have to. After that I think they go after one more starting pitcher, like I said, Wilson, Darvish or trade.

Tex needs to work with Long this offseason and get his shit figured out. Arod needs to figure out how to stay healthy next year.

Martin will be back on a 1 year deal, obviously won't get to arbitration.

A full year of Montero, kids to come up and Joba back some time in June probably.

And like I said last night. Very sad to see Posada go. Get 51, 20 and 6 retired.
  • Lots of pink hat red sox fans coming out of the word work today.
    yup....are you really surprised though?
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    talk about a akward ride to work..3 of us dead silent :(
    thank goodness its only 15 minutes

"
    it's.
    only.
    sports.
    "

right?

right?

:roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

"
    it's.
    only.
    sports.
    "

right?

right?

just not a good year for front runners... :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

"
    it's.
    only.
    sports.
    "

right?

right?

It is, learned that more this year than I ever have. My heart was beating last night like I just blew an 8 ball, but it is just sports and was a fun season.
    Oh and on a positive note. Mariano didn't pitch much this series, but has he ever looked better?
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    So it's safe to say the #1 offseason priority is starting pitching.

I don't even know who's going to be available. CJ Wilson maybe?

Also, Tex's swing. Please fix that immediately.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

"
    it's.
    only.
    sports.
    "

right?

right?

totallly....i was over it last night ...just saying the car was creepy and silent in the dark

2 hours till hockey season begins..its all gravy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    tcaporale wrote:

Agreed. Wilson/Darvish/Buherle, a trade maybe?
    tcaporale wrote:

you guys are getting old ... jeter is on his decline ... same with ARod ... yes, he wasn't healthy but that's the thing with age ... it takes a lot longer to heal and in some cases - you'll never be 100% and ya gotta adjust to it ...

but overall ... the rotation needs help ...

"
    it's.
    only.
    sports.
    "

right?

right?

totallly....i was over it last night ...just saying the car was creepy and silent in the dark

2 hours till hockey season begins..its all gravy

hockey

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    polaris_x wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

you guys are getting old ... jeter is on his decline ... same with ARod ... yes, he wasn't healthy but that's the thing with age ... it takes a lot longer to heal and in some cases - you'll never be 100% and ya gotta adjust to it ...

I feel like Jeter has one or two seasons of pretty good ball left in him. I'm not sure he's the best option to bat leadoff, though.

As much as A-Rod is declining, I still feel like when he's totally healthy he can be a 30 HR, 100 RBI type guy.

Those are really the only two places where age is a factor, seeing as Mariano is inhuman and Posada is probably done.
    tcaporale wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

I feel like Jeter has one or two seasons of pretty good ball left in him. I'm not sure he's the best option to bat leadoff, though.

As much as A-Rod is declining, I still feel like when he's totally healthy he can be a 30 HR, 100 RBI type guy.

Those are really the only two places where age is a factor, seeing as Mariano is inhuman and Posada is probably done.

Jeter and Arod are the only 2 starting position players over 31.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

both grandy and swisher have to be getting up there ... maybe it's perception ... but between rivera, posada, jeter, burnett, colon, garcia ... it feels like the team is old ...
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    oops wrong thread I'm Confederate :cry:

Can't help where you are born?
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

both grandy and swisher have to be getting up there ... maybe it's perception ... but between rivera, posada, jeter, burnett, colon, garcia ... it feels like the team is old ...

Swishers contract is up after this year and they have a $13mil option on Granderson for '13. Rivera can go forever. Posada is gone and being replaced with a 21 year old and Colon also won't be coming back. I can see Freddy getting another contract though.

They have some key players that are getting up there, no doubt, and they have some young players.
    It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

~A. Bartlett Giamatti
    STAYSEA wrote:
    oops wrong thread I'm Confederate :cry:

Can't help where you are born?
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Granderson's rookie year was 2006...He's got a long career ahead of him. I just wish it was here. :cry:
    MLMF Det
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Statement from Hal:
    "I'd like to thank our great fans for their support throughout the entire 2011 season. We shared a number of memorable moments, including Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera's historic achievements, while earning the right to play in the postseason for the sixteenth time in the last seventeen years.

"I personally share in our fans' disappointment that this season has ended without a championship. That is, and always will be, our singular goal every season. I assure you that this disappointment will strengthen our resolve to field a team in 2012 that can bring a twenty-eighth championship to the Bronx. That work starts now.

"We played a very talented team in the Detroit Tigers and they deserve to play in the American League Championship Series. I congratulate Mike Ilitch, Dave Dombrowski, Jim Leyland and the entire Tigers organization. Their team has given the city of Detroit something to be very proud of."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Well done Hal. I love this team.
    we will be fine...need pitchers obviously 8-) ...no shit neily :lol:

i trust management to do what's best

i guess we will go for willson..

nothing can be done with the contracts we already have signed so they have to deal with them
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ps CLIFFFFFFFFFFFYYYYYYYY

TAKE THAT AVATAR DOWN..1 DAY IS ENOUGH

that's why i didn;t make the bet with him ;)
    get our logo back up