The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• awwwww shit.... i will beat up jeagler first for the hell of it :mrgreen::mrgreen: although he probably won't attend the game

nah it's all good...obviously anytime you go with a crew to a visiting rival city you may have a fight in the crowd
    not me so much ,but i have a few nutty friends :mrgreen:
    i pray it doesn't happen

Yeah, I'm the same way. Not looking for a fight or anything like that, but sometimes shit happens. Happened to me and a buddy in Buffalo for a Flyer playoff game.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Let's Go RAYS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited September 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just think of it now - Phils, Birds, Flyers in a row. :mrgreen: Cyanide pill or shotgun?

we're coming down 10 strong for the classic....should be interesting to say the least :twisted: :twisted: 8-)

cliffy you can hook up with us and bust up your present town NYC style :lol::lol:

Nice, I'll have to show you guys a good time.

shame we didn't get together in 09..man that was a great weekend in philly....sat night after game 3 wheN we left the spectrum...we were stopping at red lighs outside the lot and asking people the score of the game as if we didn't know :lol: ...then they would answer all miserable ..then we would go BWAAAAAAAAA AND PEEL OFF :lol::lol:
    and we watched game 2 in some bar by the liberty bell few blocks closer to the water and one or 2 blocks up
    it was empty besides the workers and they were just ready to poison us....we made sure we ate b4 the game :mrgreen:
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    g under p wrote:
    Let's Go RAYS!

Peace

Don't you need/want the Yankees to win?
    shame we didn't know each other in 09..man that was a great weekend in philly....sat night after game 3 wheN we left the spectrum...we were stopping at red lighs outside the lot and asking people the score of the game as if we didn't know :lol: ...then they would answer all miserable ..then we would go BWAAAAAAAAA AND PEEL OFF :lol::lol:
    and we watched game 2 in some bar by the liberty bell few blocks closer to the water and one or 2 blocks up
    it was empty besides the workers and they were just ready to poison us....we made sure we ate b4 the game :mrgreen:

HA, thats great. Yeah, man. That was a great weekend. The fact the Yankees won it makes it so much better. One of the better weekends of my life, I think. We had a great tailgate, some of my friends from back home and people from here. Lots of great trash talk.
  • And are you getting your tix through your hookup?

hoping for a chance to buy because we have season ticks.....i mean they should want the fans of BOth teams there,so why not offer rangers fans??

but if not we will have to get some type of hookup

we're not going there with some bullshit upper deck opposite side shit

so wheter its the hook or a friend's ticket agency ,they will be something above average

most of the seats are gonna suck..we really need a good seating chart to come out and plan the attack that way
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    shame we didn't know each other in 09..man that was a great weekend in philly....sat night after game 3 wheN we left the spectrum...we were stopping at red lighs outside the lot and asking people the score of the game as if we didn't know :lol: ...then they would answer all miserable ..then we would go BWAAAAAAAAA AND PEEL OFF :lol::lol:

HA, thats great. Yeah, man. That was a great weekend. The fact the Yankees won it makes it so much better. One of the better weekends of my life, I think. We had a great tailgate, some of my friends from back home and people from here. Lots of great trash talk.

is that score girl stll on the philly milk cartons????? :lol:
    that bitch dissapeared like a ghost :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    And are you getting your tix through your hookup?

hoping for a chance to buy because we have season ticks.....i mean they should want the fans of BOth teams there,so why not offer rangers fans??

so wheter its the hook or a friend's ticket agency ,they will be something above average

most of the seats are gonna suck..we really need a good seating chart to come out and plan the attack that way

Take it for what its worth but people said really low field level seats at fenway were horrible because you were pretty much level with the boards and couldn't see the ice.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Let's Go RAYS!

Peace

Sox fans :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And are you getting your tix through your hookup?

Take it for what its worth but people said really low field level seats at fenway were horrible because you were pretty much level with the boards and couldn't see the ice.

That's why the 300 level behind home plate, seats just above the fence in the outfield, and seats up the lines in the 100's but back more, would be your best bet.

It's supposed to go Flyers season tix, Phils season tix, then Rangers season tix, in that order for getting a chance at the game.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Let's Go RAYS!

Peace

Well as a Red Sox fan for a very long time now.....I want the Boston Red Sox to EARN their OWN way into Playoffs rather than end up getting through the back. If they should be in the playoffs I want to see them get there on their own accord otherwise they aren't worthy of being there in the first place.

That said Let's Go Sox.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Let's Go RAYS!

Peace

Well as a Red Sox fan for a very long time now.....I want the Boston Red Sox to EARN their OWN way into Playoffs rather than end up getting through the back. If they should be in the playoffs I want to see them get there on their own accord otherwise they aren't worthy of being there in the first place.

That said Let's Go Sox.

Peace
    I'm a Red Sox fan and this post makes no sense whatsoever.
  • yea i think the closer you are to the ice..the more the seats suck...but their has to be a few sections that are somewhat sweet

need a chart
  • yea i think the closer you are to the ice..the more the seats suck...but their has to be a few sections that are somewhat sweet

need a chart

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/ph ... ricing.jsp
    g under p wrote:
    Let's Go RAYS!

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That said Let's Go Sox.

Peace
    I'm a Red Sox fan and this post makes no sense whatsoever.

I've been a fan since 72' old school and there was a time when the Sox had to win the division to get in the playoffs. Limping into the playoffs and possibly out in 3 is a waste of time as talented as this team is. Make it into the wild card game on their own right to me is the way to go...but that's just me. :D

Peace

• g under p wrote:
    I've been a fan since 72' old school and there was a time when the Sox had to win the division to get in the playoffs. Limping into the playoffs and possibly out in 3 is a waste of time as talented as this team is. Make it into the wild card game on their own right to me is the way to go...but that's just me. :D

Peace

Bottom line is that if they win more games over the season than the Rays & Angels than they will have earned their way into the playoffs, no matter how they finished. So what if they won a ton of games in June or September or April or whenever. As a fan, you only want your team to make it in, then see what happens.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

Bottom line is that if they win more games over the season than the Rays & Angels than they will have earned their way into the playoffs, no matter how they finished. So what if they won a ton of games in June or September or April or whenever. As a fan, you only want your team to make it in, then see what happens.

See the 2006 Cardinals and 2000 Yankees, two teams that won the World Series despite playing their worst ball at this time of the regular season.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    g under p wrote:

Peace

See the 2006 Cardinals and 2000 Yankees, two teams that won the World Series despite playing their worst ball at this time of the regular season.

Let's just see how this all plays out.

Peace

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    If Phil Hughes is healthy I'll start him game 4 if they decide to go with 4 starters.
    I miss igotid88
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

it was interesting to see a list that ESPN published a while back ranking the best yankee world series championship teams.

the 2000 team finished 27th.

i remember thinking that august/september that this team has no shot in hell.

edit: found the list

27. 2000 Yankees (87-74, .540, plus-57, 11-5 in playoffs, won World Series in five games)
    It's easy to slot this team at No. 27. It made the playoffs only because the AL East was so weak -- the Yankees had just the fifth-best record in the AL. Jeter, Bernie Williams and Jorge Posada were terrific, but Scott Brosius was horrible, Chuck Knoblauch kept throwing the ball into the stands, David Cone was given 29 starts despite a 6.91 ERA (he went 4-14) and Denny Neagle posted a 5.81 ERA in 15 starts. But they came together in the playoffs. Maybe the key was the late-season addition of Jose Canseco, who played host to crucial team-building barbecues at his apartment.
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

This guy understands math.
  • pretty safe to say their will be no game tonight ...
    pretty safe to say their will be no game tonight ...

Sucks for Boston, am sure they want to be able to use their full bullpen every game.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pretty safe to say their will be no game tonight ...

Sucks for Boston, am sure they want to be able to use their full bullpen every game.

such a shame :lol::lol::lol:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,792
    Anyone score any tix this morning?

Was able to get 2 grandstands for game 2 of alcs
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Nice, good work, I typically fail miserably in the public on sale for post season tickets. I got bleachers for game 2 of the ALDS and game 1 of the ALCS in the season ticket pre-sale. Pretty pumped.
    So I missed Betances and Brackman last night. From the boxscore, it looks like Brackman did well and Betances didn't. Too pumped up/nervous?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,792
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Nice, good work, I typically fail miserably in the public on sale for post season tickets. I got bleachers for game 2 of the ALDS and game 1 of the ALCS in the season ticket pre-sale. Pretty pumped.

Awesome

My scoring ticket skills have been greatly improved from this sites ticket fiascos ;)

I'm a ninja by now

October is all kinds of fun
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Awesome

My scoring ticket skills have been greatly improved from this sites ticket fiascos ;)

I'm a ninja by now

October is all kinds of fun

haha, yeah, I have certainly gotten better with this site. Last couple years I got playoff tickets off stubhub so I haven't put my skills to test in a while for Yankees tickets. Nice work though. October is great, best weather of the year, baseball playoffs and football getting started. Going to be fun.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shit, forgot today was the sale day. Was out this morning.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful