The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... d-sox.html

don't know this writer..but i like him already :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    With 5 world series under my belt and a $200 million payroll every year, I am fine taking a year or two off.

Spoken like everything I can't stand about Yankees fans. Remind me to kick you in the balls when I see you.

I had a feeling that was coming. It comes out from time to time, I can't help it. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    All I'm saying is that they are 3 games behind your boys with Garcia and colon as 2 of their main pitchers

Well, when you play in a park that makes The Bank look like a joke then that's reasonable. AND, the Phils were playing at .660/.670 clip before this skid. To me the season ended when they clinched the division. If there was a such thing as pre-post-season games, then these are them.

All I know is anything can happen in the playoffs, so that's all up in the air. Other than that, we'll be favored in every game/series, so I'm cool with you guys even overtaking best record. Would take a little heat off us anyway. Then you guys can have the title of another team with the best record that doesn't win the WS. :mrgreen:

In all honesty, I dont think the Yankees will win the world series this year. I could see it happening but I am not anticipating it like 2009. I am plesentaly suprised at how good they have been and it's been a fun season. With 5 world series under my belt and a $200 million payroll every year, I am fine taking a year or two off. Am quite confident I will see plenty more. Phillies are clearly the favorites and I would love to see them get knocked off.

Yankee stadium hasn't played nearly as bad as it did the first year either.

said well cliffy...i don't feel it happening this year,but anything is possible
    only if we had andy ;)

as for the phils..they will cake walk into the ws with those bullshit playoff teams in the NL
    it will shock me if they don't win the WS ( near impossible to beat that staff 4 x in 7 games)
    would be an epic choke if they don't..and funny as hell
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Choke would be not making the WS, or if they got swept in the WS, I'll give you that, but if they lose in 6 or 7 I'd be disappointed but not crushed.
  • oh and its 7 ws cliffy...and double digit trips :o:o:lol::lol:

i think they are dumping the game tonight :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Choke would be not making the WS, or if they got swept in the WS, I'll give you that, but if they lose in 6 or 7 I'd be disappointed but not crushed.

dude...anything less than a ws would collapse your state :lol:

cliffy you better have an evacuation plan if it happens :mrgreen:
    said well cliffy...i don't feel it happening this year,but anything is possible
    only if we had andy ;)

as for the phils..they will cake walk into the ws with those bullshit playoff teams in the NL
    it will shock me if they don't win the WS ( near impossible to beat that staff 4 x in 7 games)
    would be an epic choke if they don't..and funny as hell

Yeah, man. This pitching has been incredible all year but just don't know if it can hold up. Colon looks like he's done. Hopefully Hughes is healthy.

Yeah, it would be pretty suprising if they lost. Will be interesting to see how they match up against some good pitching for 7 games though.

Yeah, I'm not saying people here aren't lunatics. But if they lose in 6 or 7 in the WS I wouldn't be crushed the way the Eagles lost to Tampa Bay in 2002. That was probably the shittiest I ever felt as a fan. And frankly, since they won in 2008, I don't think I'll ever feel that disappointment again.
    oh and its 7 ws cliffy...and double digit trips :o:o:lol::lol:

Only 5 for me. I'm under 30.

Looks that way. I finally turned it off.
    Choke would be not making the WS, or if they got swept in the WS, I'll give you that, but if they lose in 6 or 7 I'd be disappointed but not crushed.

My evacuation plan is if they win.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Choke would be not making the WS, or if they got swept in the WS, I'll give you that, but if they lose in 6 or 7 I'd be disappointed but not crushed.

My evacuation plan is if they win.

This makes more sense.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you haven't reached both hands yet???????? man you a sucka :lol:

i kid i kid...i wish i was under 30...
    This makes more sense.

I don't even want to think about it.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This makes more sense.

I do.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you haven't reached both hands yet???????? man you a sucka :lol:

i kid i kid...i wish i was under 30...

haha, not yet. Next one. I'm right in line with Jeter.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This makes more sense.

I do.

Stop it now.
  • Cliffy's car is getting flipped. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I do.

Stop it now.

Just think of it now - Phils, Birds, Flyers in a row. :mrgreen: Cyanide pill or shotgun?

thats pretty funny actually :P

Might be a good deal - this dude benefited from it. :lol:

http://www.philebrity.com/2008/10/30/re ... ar-please/
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Stop it now.

Just think of it now - Phils, Birds, Flyers in a row. :mrgreen: Cyanide pill or shotgun?

we're coming down 10 strong for the classic....should be interesting to say the least :twisted: :twisted: 8-)

cliffy you can hook up with us and bust up your present town NYC style :lol::lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Stop it now.

we're coming down 10 strong for the classic....should be interesting to say the least :twisted: :twisted: 8-)

cliffy you can hook up with us and bust up your present town NYC style :lol::lol:

Well at least you have 10 for the other 44,990.
  • And are you getting your tix through your hookup?

Might be a good deal - this dude benefited from it. :lol:

http://www.philebrity.com/2008/10/30/re ... ar-please/

and he was from philly :lol:

i never understood the riot mentality( i'm not saying this was a riot by any means)
    we see it so often now it blows my mind
    who wants to celebrate like that?? why? how stupid

even flipping a car.... why? :lol: its just beyond stupid

we have been lucky i guess....never nothing but love here(obviously their are always a few bad apples )

You know that block feature you were telling me about?

Week 2 and Vick already got knocked the fuck out, I don't see that one happening.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Stop it now.

Nice, I'll have to show you guys a good time.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Week 2 and Vick already got knocked the fuck out, I don't see that one happening.

HA.

I wouldn't go as far as "knocked the fuck out", as he's playing this week.

Loving the 1pm kick-off.
    My favorite video from 2008 is the dude who was climbing the light pole and got drilled in the head with a bottle. He alive?

• Just think of it now - Phils, Birds, Flyers in a row. :mrgreen: Cyanide pill or shotgun?

Well at least you have 10 for the other 44,990.

awwwww shit.... i will beat up jeagler first for the hell of it :mrgreen::mrgreen: although he probably won't attend the game

nah it's all good...obviously anytime you go with a crew to a visiting rival city you may have a fight in the crowd
    not me so much ,but i have a few nutty friends :mrgreen:
    i pray it doesn't happen
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA.

I wouldn't go as far as "knocked the fuck out", as he's playing this week.

Loving the 1pm kick-off.

True, but he wasn't all there.

Yeah, I have Yankees-Boston tickets. Will be at the rooftop deck the whole time since the game is pretty pointless.