platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whats happened to Granderson?

in a bit of a slide, couple singles last night though.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

guess you gotta start somewhere,
    we've all seen Texiera bounceback before but everything with Granderson is still new to us,

Lets Go Yankees.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

guess you gotta start somewhere,
    we've all seen Texiera bounceback before but everything with Granderson is still new to us,

Lets Go Yankees.

I hear you and he does look pretty shitty against lefties.

A series win would be nice tonight.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cmon AJ keep it going
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Sweet, I have tickets to see Yankees/Red Sox at the Stadium on August 8!
  • Options
    AJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet

need some home cooking now

cano might hit 400 this year :shock: and that defensive play was sick :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    AJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet

need some home cooking now

cano might hit 400 this year :shock: and that defensive play was sick :mrgreen:

Cano is unreal.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Okay I was watching the game last night and i know i'm a bit of a yankee homer but that play Cano made was sick. Getting to the ball was one thing but the power on the throw he had going from past the 2b bag to get the runner without even turning his body was a great play.

He is awesome i hope he can keep it up. If he can play stellar defense and put up 30hr 100 rbi and bat 330 we might be looking at an mvp season.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Okay I was watching the game last night and i know i'm a bit of a yankee homer but that play Cano made was sick. Getting to the ball was one thing but the power on the throw he had going from past the 2b bag to get the runner without even turning his body was a great play.

He is awesome i hope he can keep it up. If he can play stellar defense and put up 30hr 100 rbi and bat 330 we might be looking at an mvp season.

he has a shortstop arm at second base

and yes he very well could win an mvp

imagine when tex and arod get going :o:mrgreen:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    burnett quickly off to a 3-0 start.

the story of the season has to be our 1-4 starters. they really have been lights out. couldnt ask much more from them. excited to watch pettitte again tonight. guy is pitching like he is 23.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

the story of the season has to be our 1-4 starters. they really have been lights out. couldnt ask much more from them. excited to watch pettitte again tonight. guy is pitching like he is 23.
    you mean 1-3 & 5?

Cause I don't think Vazquez has been lights out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

you mean 1-3 & 5?

Cause I don't think Vazquez has been lights out.

yeah,that's what i meant. i'm already in the mentality that girardi bumped hughes to #4 (which he should do after another rocky start by vazquez).
  • Options
    the captain is in the house!!!!

and the whole division lost :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    I just saw on MLB Net that Austin jackson (The key component of the Granderson deal) is leading all of baseball in both hits and strikeouts. That sounds impossible. I think Granderson will get it together, but it may be time to start sitting him against lefties. gardner has been very good against lefties, had a great at bat against Thornton tonight. I don't want to see Thames in the outfield again anytime soon, but with the way he hits lefties, and with Nick Johnson doing very little (except walking) it might be time for a change, until Granderson gets going
  • Options
    I just saw on MLB Net that Austin jackson (The key component of the Granderson deal) is leading all of baseball in both hits and strikeouts. That sounds impossible. I think Granderson will get it together, but it may be time to start sitting him against lefties. gardner has been very good against lefties, had a great at bat against Thornton tonight. I don't want to see Thames in the outfield again anytime soon, but with the way he hits lefties, and with Nick Johnson doing very little (except walking) it might be time for a change, until Granderson gets going

this team is 15-7 and the only 2 people hitting are cano and jeter
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Ed Whitson gives Javier Vasquez some advice: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/ ... id=5149683
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I just saw on MLB Net that Austin jackson (The key component of the Granderson deal) is leading all of baseball in both hits and strikeouts. That sounds impossible.

His BABIP was .492(!!) coming into tonight. And he went 5 for 5 tonight. While speed guys tend to have much better BABIPs, there is no way he can sustain this.

this team is 15-7 and the only 2 people hitting are cano and jeter

Bet you wish I drafted the whole damn team now ... eh?

(cue the way back machine to late March .... )
    jimed14 wrote:
    Major whammy forthcoming for the pinstripers ... I rostered both Jeter and Cano in my hometown roto league this past weekend.

I normally shy away from getting two guys on the same team with early round draft picks, but both were just far too much of a bargain to pass up ... couple that with the fact I took Utley in the first round, I have one of the most unliked, yet formidable middle infields in my Massachusetts based league.

Something is bound to happen to one of Jeter and Cano now ... I know it. The last time I had Jeter on my team was the year he disloacted his shoulder in Toronto.

oh, and I have Austin Jackson too ... :twisted:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed, my man, babip. i love it. There is no way Jackson will keep that up. He is getting very very lucky.
  • Options
    :?

...this just in. the yankees move to a 4 man rotation...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    Oh no Grandy!!!
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    :?

...this just in. the yankees move to a 4 man rotation...

they can for this week. since there is a day off
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    swish!!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    Swish bailing out that dog vasquez
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i am going solo to yankees vs red sux on may 17th
    where is a good pregame place for beers close by?
    ajb
  • Options
    this guy sucks and the bp is a big question right now

granderson dam
  • Options
    doesn't help that a-jax is starting off great
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    this guy sucks and the bp is a big question right now

granderson dam

1-3 w/ 9.78ERA

like u needed reminding :)
  • Options