The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This argument is almost as repetitive as the Howard argument.

I know, I can't help myself. I fucking hate that rule so much. Almost as much as the "save situation" stat.

A DH who can't play the field getting WS MVP against my team didn't make me feel any better about it either.

That was quite fantastic, especially game 6. Nice little series he had and he finally got to....

“Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho’s.”

I fucking love Matsui. That is possibly the best thing I have ever read.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    Newch91 wrote:
    at least we can unite on our contempt for the Cowboys since I'm a Giants fan and you're an Eagles fan.
    :thumbup: That's the only way Giants and Eagles fans can unite. Other than that, I hate the Eagles also.

very true.

everyone is a fan of whoever plays the cowboys :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    at least we can unite on our contempt for the Cowboys since I'm a Giants fan and you're an Eagles fan.
    :thumbup: That's the only way Giants and Eagles fans can unite. Other than that, I hate the Eagles also.

very true.

:lol: Very true. That's the only time I root for the Eagles.

My whole family are Giants fans, except my cousin, who is a Dallas fan. We all wonder what happened to him when he was a kid.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

very true.

My whole family are Giants fans, except my cousin, who is a Dallas fan. We all wonder what happened to him when he was a kid.

i know what happened to him:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=+fraud

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    very true.

i know what happened to him:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=+fraud

:mrgreen:
    :lol::lol:

Unfortunately, he's not a fraud. He's been a Cowboys fan as far back as I can remember.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dam mo.....

i'm not feeling it this year boys..gotta be honest...

they're gona need a ton of breaks and alot of luck
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    the way that game ended is just unbelievable....

not this year guys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378

not this year guys

Bobby Abreu. Miss that guy. Wait, no I don't.

Take a step back from the ledge Neily. Just one game. Mo is gonna be the best closer in baseball 20 more years.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

not this year guys

always next year.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    dam mo.....

We are not the favorites for sure...October, all you need is a punchers chance. Its how hot you are getting in.

not this year guys

Bobby Abreu. Miss that guy. Wait, no I don't.

Take a step back from the ledge Neily. Just one game. Mo is gonna be the best closer in baseball 20 more years.

im far from the ledge..its sports not life

just my honest gut feeling ..too many holes

i'll never get mad at the best closer of all time..regular and post season

but getting picked off on the old 3rd to 1st trick with tex up as the winning run ....cant happen
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    dam mo.....

We are not the favorites for sure...October, all you need is a punchers chance. Its how hot you are getting in.

yea of course,,,but they are gonna need a buster douglas knockout
    Lets bring up some of these young kids, they could give us some needed energy
    CROJAM95 wrote:

well ive been hearing about montero for 10 years ...and like i said he better be the next coming of christ with all this hype....
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    dam mo.....

yea of course,,,but they are gonna need a buster douglas knockout

The new rules dont help us getting CC up on the mound in the playoffs every few games....id go CC,Nova,Colon/Garcia now.....AJ, again the wheels feel off
    CROJAM95 wrote:

well ive been hearing about montero for 10 years ...and like i said he better be the next coming of christ with all this hype....

The question is where does he play? Catching is more than THE D...need to have command of the pitching staff

Tough for a young guy
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

The question is where does he play? Catching is more than THE D...need to have command of the pitching staff

Tough for a young guy

which is why he scares me...

ah whatever goodnight bud
    take it easy Neily
    This fucking blows

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... lpen-help/

Dude has flown through the minors, he was on Low A when they traded him and was thought to be a few years away. Facking a.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This fucking blows

Dude has flown through the minors, he was on Low A when they traded him and was thought to be a few years away. Facking a.

that's the thing with this whole prospect stuff, you just don't know. you don't know at the time you trade them and you don't know even after a few years in the majors.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This fucking blows

that's the thing with this whole prospect stuff, you just don't know. you don't know at the time you trade them and you don't know even after a few years in the majors.

Agreed, the guy could still blow up,just sucks seeing it, especially after how worthless Javy was. I remember at the time the kid was a big time prospect, just a long long ways away from the big leagues, I guess not.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This fucking blows

Agreed, the guy could still blow up,just sucks seeing it, especially after how worthless Javy was. I remember at the time the kid was a big time prospect, just a long long ways away from the big leagues, I guess not.

To be honest, I don't remember him as a Big Time prospect, especially since he just finished a season of short season ball.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    To be honest, I don't remember him as a Big Time prospect, especially since he just finished a season of short season ball.

I believe he was a top 100 prospect with somewhat of an injury history, for him to be that young and in the top 100 with injuries, I kind of see that as a legit prospect. Maybe not big time but definitely promising. Oh well. Definitely can't predict these things and I thought Javy was goign to be a huge help last year.

Austin Jackson on the other hand...not doing so well.
    This is awesome

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... o.twitter1)

Armando Benitez vs. Tino Martinez and the Yankees

At 28-9, the 1998 Yankees had already shown that they were in the business of kicking ass and taking names when the Orioles came to town having lost five straight games to push them under .500. The O's were on track to snap their streak with a 5-3 lead in the eighth inning when the Yankees drew two walks while making two outs against tiring O's starter Sidney Ponson and reliever Alan Mills. A Paul O'Neill single off Norm Charlton cut the lead to 5-4 when Benitez, the Orioles' imposing but immature closer, was summoned for a four-out save. Instead, he served up a three-run homer to Bernie Williams to give the Yankees a 7-5 lead, then blatantly plunked Tino Martinez between the shoulder blades with a 90-something MPH fastball on his next pitch. "That was a real cheap shot," said Yankees broadcaster Jim Kaat.

Martinez jawed at Benitez on the way down to first base, and the 6-foot-4 reliever dropped his glove. Both benches and bullpens emptied, and things escalated when Yankees' lefty reliever Graeme Lloyd—a 6-foot-8 Australian native my friends and I called "The Big Dingo"—came charging out of the bullpen and grabbed Benitez's chin before throwing a few wild punches with fellow Yankee reliever Jeff Nelson joining the fray. Benitez connected on a blow to the back of Lloyd's neck as he retreated from the mound into foul territory. As he neared the dugout, he squared off with Scott Brosius, who threw no punches but captured his attention while Darryl Strawberry rolled up behind and connected on a sucker punch to Benitez's head before pushing him into the Oriole dugout. Strawberry was restrained by multiple Orioles at the edge of the dugout, but amazingly enough, the two would square off again minutes later after Mills punched Strawberry while an irate Martinez kept making his way towards Benitez. The second time, Stawberry's blow was more glancing, and his momentum carried him into the dugout where Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken tried to calm him down. Ultimately, it took around 15 minutes before order was restored and play resumed.

"This is like one of those hockey brawls where the umpires have to figure out who stays and who goes," said Yankees broadcaster (and former Oriole) Ken Singleton. "To a man, the Orioles refused to muster even feigned support for Benitez," wrote Sports Illustrated's Tom Verducci. "The action of 'I'll hurt you if I can't beat you' totally misrepresents the Baltimore Orioles' tradition of good play and sportsmanship," said manager Ray Miller in apologizing to the Yankees. Benitez drew an eight-game suspension while Strawberry and Lloyd (three games) and Mills and Nelson (two games) received suspensions as well. The Yankees went on to win 114 regular season games and the World Series while the Orioles were swept by the Yankees en route to a nine-game losing streak. They haven't had a winning season since. —Jay Jaffe

Edit: Just to add, I was at the first game that Benitez played in for the Yankees. By far the loudest I have ever heard Yankees fans boo a Yankee, although Farnsworth certainly was close on a few occasions.
    i remember that fight like it was yesterday..one of the best ever

the big auusie was a goofy nut ..all off balance and shit :lol:

strawman with a project sucker punch

great brawl

great brawl

Yeah, man. Same here. That was great. That was an awesome season, obviously.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

great brawl

Yeah, man. Same here. That was great. That was an awesome season, obviously.

best ever... ;)

i think we were tripping that night cause we watched sportcenter over and over for 12 hours :lol:

i really do think we were tripping

but he will always be loved by the fans for that incident (lloyd)
    http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/04 ... -entirety/

tim raines hit a homer as soon as play resumed

Good shit. Looks like 15 minutes out of my day is shot. Yeah, the Raines home run was just icing on cake, doesn't get better than that.
    Yankeesos98_display_image.jpg?1270474118