• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    :clap::clap::clap:

Damn good win to start the series.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    That felt very good.

Let's do it again tomorrow!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Nice win tonight!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    fuckin finally :mrgreen:

hats off to colon and boone...

nice to win the 1st with CC tomorrow....HUGE game tomorrow

need to turn this around like 09
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    So Weird :|
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Don't understand why Boston has CC's number. Very bad loss, considering they had Lackey out there. Now the Yanks have to try to beat Beckett tomorrow to take the series.
    CC GETTING DOMINATED by this team is scary
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Would rather have Phil Hughes go today than Freddy Garcia.
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    igotid88 wrote:

is matt beech available?
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 wrote:

is matt beech available?

You and your "greatest rotation in the history of baseball" are only a couple games better than a patchwork rotation of Colon and Garcia and are in a much shittier division.
    igotid88 wrote:

Yeah, I don't have too much confidence in Freddy going against Boston. That's the kind of lineup that beats him up.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    CC GETTING DOMINATED by this team is scary

0 - 4 7.20 era against the Red Sox

Cy Yuk
    My source (The Fixer) just informed me that Montero may be getting called up today. Can't fucking wait.

Also good stuff from Sherman today. Said the Yanks would have been all over a player like Felix but they see Nova as being as good as the current Ubaldo. Said all of Novas pitches are currently better than Ubaldos and that they had every pro scout in the org watch Ubaldo and they all agreed.
    This is fucking awesome. All kinds of awesome

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bron ... AdzuFvEJ/0
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

is matt beech available?

You and your "greatest rotation in the history of baseball" are only a couple games better than a patchwork rotation of Colon and Garcia and are in a much shittier division.

well if 5 games is a couple to you, then you'd be right.

maybe the yanks will go after eric milton next?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com

4 games in the loss column, I can sure as fuck guarantee that if the Phillies were in the AL East they would have 4 more losses than they do now.

Phillies fans are quickly becoming as insufferable as Red Sox fans. And they drink Hurricanes :lol::lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

4 games in the loss column, I can sure as fuck guarantee that if the Phillies were in the AL East they would have 4 more losses than they do now.

Phillies fans are quickly becoming as insufferable as Red Sox fans. And they drink Hurricanes :lol::lol:

is that a personal guarantee?

looking forward to seeing your boy getting rocked tonight :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You think the Phillies would have the same record if they were in the AL East?

LIke I said, I have no confidence in him tonight. We shall see.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You think the Phillies would have the same record if they were in the AL East?

LIke I said, I have no confidence in him tonight. We shall see.

i dunno. they'd have a dh which would mean their offense would have been better earlier in the year. and they still would have had the "greatest rotation in the history of mankind."

other than the yanks and sox, rest of division is pretty mediocre, like the nl east is after the phils and braves.

tough to say :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    i dunno. they'd have a dh which would mean their offense would have been better earlier in the year. and they still would have had the "greatest rotation in the history of mankind."

other than the yanks and sox, rest of division is pretty mediocre, like the nl east is after the phils and braves.

Rays are a pretty good team, some really good pitching. I would say they are close to being on the same level as the Braves, not record wise but they are pretty good and have to face Boston and New York 18 times each this year.

Edit: Rays are a little worse in Run diff. Actually in the opposite direction of what I expected.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Rays are a pretty good team, some really good pitching. I would say they are close to being on the same level as the Braves, not record wise but they are pretty good and have to face Boston and New York 18 times each this year.

add the yankees or redsox to the nl east, with them having to play the phils and braves 18 times a year without a dh, and they would most certainly have a few more losses in the loss column. that is the juggler's guarantee.

rays are decent. orioles are the 2nd worst team in all of baseball though. evens out. i don't buy that the al east is so much better than the nl east. they are the top 2 divisions in baseball.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

add the yankees or redsox to the nl east, with them having to play the phils and braves 18 times a year without a dh, and they would most certainly have a few more losses in the loss column. that is the juggler's guarantee.

rays are decent. orioles are the 2nd worst team in all of baseball though. evens out. i don't buy that the al east is so much better than the nl east. they are the top 2 divisions in baseball.

Perhaps but the Yankees this year are at a clear disadvantage this year with their DH situation. Dead last in every category.

O's suck, Blue Jays have their bright spots and are above .500, Rays are pretty good and the Yankees and Boston are in the top 3 teams in the game. You can't compare a division with those two teams to any other division in baseball, they both have a +140 run differential this year.
    ah yes ..once again the jeags is more concerned about new york....... :lol: too funny
  • looks like some less time for Posada at DH

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/08/07/p ... es+Blog%29
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    looks like some less time for Posada at DH

And it looks like Montero is on his way up. Feel terrible for Posada, hate for it to end this way, but they have to put the best lineup out there at this point in the season.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

And it looks like Montero is on his way up. Feel terrible for Posada, hate for it to end this way, but they have to put the best lineup out there at this point in the season.

weird timing though a game against the Red Sox? It could have been done next week in Kansas City, but what's the point now, it's not like September is months away.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

weird timing though a game against the Red Sox? It could have been done next week in Kansas City, but what's the point now, it's not like September is months away.

Actually looks like its not today. I wish they would just bring him up. He isn't gaining anything down there and could be useful up here.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Garcia pitched surprisingly well tonight. Sucks he couldn't be in line for the win.
    I miss igotid88
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Just realized why I kind of hate Yankees/Red Sox games...the games last forever.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful