Okay, I'm Gonna Say This...FOOD INC. Related

1235»

Comments

• 9 pages on a whole lotta nothin'.

my posts weren't directed towards the OP.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    9 pages on a whole lotta nothin'.

my posts weren't directed towards the OP.

Exactly.

It has been a whole lot of nothing.

Notice that you couldn't respond to my simple question because you weren't even commenting on the original post! My point exactly! I wonder if anyone is!

I seem to be the only one responding to what the guy actually wrote. Sorry, I thought that was the point of posting in a thread. Maybe this one has just gotten too far off topic for me to have any further interest in. My question still stands however and if anyone would like to give an actual response that involves a little thinking rather than something ridiculous like "I shit and I stink" or "live and let live" type of nonsense I'd like to read it.
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I respect and am appreciative that Pearl Jam is wanting us to be aware of what we are eating. I am the Executive Chef at WALKERS in Billings, Montana and I understand the message 100%...this is not new news to me, but still vital information...with that being said, God damn it guys...by you smoking cigarettes, you are promoting and supporting the tobacco industry and all it does to decay the fabric of our country and our citizens, just like the food movie you are encouraging us all to watch and act upon...even the preview you post for us to view on your site mentions the parallels between the modern food producers and the American tobacco companies...Ed, I could fucking care less if you smoke American Spirits, you are still promoting and encouraging this bullshit to your children and mine by doing it...I admire Pearl Jam more than any other band I have ever had the pleasure of listening to, but enough is enough...call me an asshole everyone, fire at will...but I am not wrong, and I know this to be the truth....so...just give me some truth...I just had to say it... :oops:

P.S. I smoked 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day for 8 years, had my first puff off a cigarette in the third grade because all my heroes smoked...I haven't had a cigarette or an urge (thank God) for 10 years now...I just quit one day because I was poisoning myself and filling the bank accounts of WEALTHY slave owning families...no regrets here....sorry to be so preachy, just speaking from my own experience...

Also, I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to sticky this one MODS...there is validity here...

Great post Snoopy...
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • ha! good job t0mMye. :mrgreen:

• october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    t0mMye wrote:
    I respect and am appreciative that Pearl Jam is wanting us to be aware of what we are eating. I am the Executive Chef at WALKERS in Billings, Montana and I understand the message 100%...this is not new news to me, but still vital information...with that being said, God damn it guys...by you smoking cigarettes, you are promoting and supporting the tobacco industry and all it does to decay the fabric of our country and our citizens, just like the food movie you are encouraging us all to watch and act upon...even the preview you post for us to view on your site mentions the parallels between the modern food producers and the American tobacco companies...Ed, I could fucking care less if you smoke American Spirits, you are still promoting and encouraging this bullshit to your children and mine by doing it...I admire Pearl Jam more than any other band I have ever had the pleasure of listening to, but enough is enough...call me an asshole everyone, fire at will...but I am not wrong, and I know this to be the truth....so...just give me some truth...I just had to say it... :oops:

P.S. I smoked 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day for 8 years, had my first puff off a cigarette in the third grade because all my heroes smoked...I haven't had a cigarette or an urge (thank God) for 10 years now...I just quit one day because I was poisoning myself and filling the bank accounts of WEALTHY slave owning families...no regrets here....sorry to be so preachy, just speaking from my own experience...

Also, I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to sticky this one MODS...there is validity here...

Great post Snoopy...

Seriously?!!!

OK. Fuck it. You win Snoopy! I've tried my best. Your argument is still illogical but I guess people are having a hard time seeing through it. Good for you. You must have hit on some emotional vein that is blocking their rationality. What can I say? I've tried my best. It's time for me to bow out and leave you guys to it.
  • Let's bitch about this guy smoking, not a rock singer:

http://obamablunt.com/obama_smoking_joint.jpg
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    It's just the way of things; maximum profits gained from products that leave the majority of society weaker, yet sold to them in such a way that they will not only crave these products, but will go into debt to be able to purchase them. Of course you are free to make choices but most of these choices have been put there to deceive you. True freedoms are very rare these days.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    Is the film on DVD already? I couldn't find it showing in my area. Since it was released in June, I wonder if it's on DVD already. The turnaround from theater to DVD is so quick.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • It's just the way of things; maximum profits gained from products that leave the majority of society weaker, yet sold to them in such a way that they will not only crave these products, but will go into debt to be able to purchase them. Of course you are free to make choices but most of these choices have been put there to deceive you. True freedoms are very rare these days.

Yeah you’re free to poison yourself and free to know about the poison. We’ll even GIVE you the facts about the poison, no problem. Knock yourself out! Go to town. Puff away. It’s a free country. :roll: Everything comes down to money e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
    Meanwhile, your second hand smoke is killing me. ha! But you tell me is none of my business. Ha! Because it's a free country. ha!

• SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    It's just the way of things; maximum profits gained from products that leave the majority of society weaker, yet sold to them in such a way that they will not only crave these products, but will go into debt to be able to purchase them. Of course you are free to make choices but most of these choices have been put there to deceive you. True freedoms are very rare these days.

Yeah you’re free to poison yourself and free to know about the poison. We’ll even GIVE you the facts about the poison, no problem. Knock yourself out! Go to town. Puff away. It’s a free country. :roll: Everything comes down to money e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
    Meanwhile, your second hand smoke is killing me. ha! But you tell me is none of my business. Ha! Because it's a free country. ha!

I agree, Ed isn't running around forcing poisoned foods into peoples mouths, but he is as you say killing you with his second hand smoke. I would argue that being killed by Eddie Vedder's second hand smoke is the last of your worries however....
    Nature drunk and High
  • Evergreen wrote:

Stay away from people that smoke and places where you might come in contact with it.

See, the thing is...this is impossible where I live. Many people still smoke in ND so if I am to do what you say I will have to stop driving my car/walking to work (because someone is smoking in front of me with their window down) and then I am to stay AWAY from work (because some of the employees at my office smoke outside and I either get a nice hit on my way in or after they are done and they walk by my cubicle because that shit does linger.

I guess I'll have to stop going for those nice runs I like to do outside because I encounter people who are smoking too. :roll:

My point is, it is easy for people to say "don't go to places you might come into contact with it" but in some areas, that essentially means "don't go outside" so I don't think that is a good argument.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Evergreen wrote:

Stay away from people that smoke and places where you might come in contact with it.

See, the thing is...this is impossible where I live. Many people still smoke in ND so if I am to do what you say I will have to stop driving my car/walking to work (because someone is smoking in front of me with their window down) and then I am to stay AWAY from work (because some of the employees at my office smoke outside and I either get a nice hit on my way in or after they are done and they walk by my cubicle because that shit does linger.

I guess I'll have to stop going for those nice runs I like to do outside because I encounter people who are smoking too. :roll:

My point is, it is easy for people to say "don't go to places you might come into contact with it" but in some areas, that essentially means "don't go outside" so I don't think that is a good argument.

:roll:

i'm sure somebody in another car having a smoke is going to kill you becos the smoke will drift past. who cares about the exhaust from that car and your car, it's that smoker that's the problem! and one breath as you walk in the building isn't going to do shit. this is cigarette smoke, not anthrax for god's sakes. that smell you get when they walk past your cubicle... it's the smell of smoke, not lethal toxins clinging to their clothes and trying to jump into your lungs when they walk past. :roll:
  • 81 wrote:
    this thread makes me want to have a smoke, a glass of wine, and a poterhouse

Best sig pic ever...(for this thread) & a porterhouse does sound good.

(See page 6 for pic)
  • Evergreen wrote:

:roll:

i'm sure somebody in another car having a smoke is going to kill you becos the smoke will drift past. who cares about the exhaust from that car and your car, it's that smoker that's the problem! and one breath as you walk in the building isn't going to do shit. this is cigarette smoke, not anthrax for god's sakes. that smell you get when they walk past your cubicle... :roll:

Woah! Who said anything about killing me? You are putting words into my mouth. All I was saying was avoiding it is impossible whereas the suggestion was to avoid it. For me, it is an allergic reaction more than anything so yes, that smell DOES affect me.

And this part is where you might be wrong:
    it's the smell of smoke, not lethal toxins clinging to their clothes and trying to jump into your lungs when they walk past.

http://nnsl.com/northern-news-services/ ... _09sm.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=99160075

I'm no child, but it appears that the toxins DO cling to clothing.