Options

You know you're getting old when...

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JennyTree wrote:
    ... groups of teenagers scare the bejaysis out of you!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/my-chemical-r ... gers.jhtml
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    you went to the Reading Festival when it was one stage and the headliners were Yes and Wishbone Ash.

your 22 year old daughter who you still think of as a baby moves to a town 2 hours away.
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    you went to the Reading Festival when it was one stage and the headliners were Yes and Wishbone Ash.

your 22 year old daughter who you still think of as a baby moves to a town 2 hours away.

:shock: how old are you?! ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ...you see a gray hair.

...you have been married longer than you were single.

:shock:
    not just yet....but i do realize, i've 'known' my husband more than half my life now. crazy.

how i actually enjoy going to bed early, say 10:30-11pm on a weeknight, so i can get a good night's sleep... :roll:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    ...you see a gray hair.

not just yet....but i do realize, i've 'known' my husband more than half my life now. crazy.

how i actually enjoy going to bed early, say 10:30-11pm on a weeknight, so i can get a good night's sleep... :roll:

i consider that wisdom, not old ;)

but then...

you start rationalizing your old person habits by claiming it's wisdom :D
  • Options
    ...you see a gray hair.

but then...

honestly, it's a very recent phenomena....so i could choose to attribute it to age, or to finally have work with regular hours, or trying to get a bit ealier and dare to exercise.... :oops: but even so, i attribute it to age, b/c in my younger years, while i would know it to be the 'smart' thing to do, i still would not choose it. ;)

but sure, really...there's the wisdom of age: experience. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    nuffingman wrote:

What a rude question!!!!!! :lol:

52 but never grown up.
  • Options
    gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    when you run into someone you haven't seen for a couple years and they ask what you've been up to and your answer is "not much.... work" :cry:
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

What a rude question!!!!!! :lol:

52 but never grown up.

Sorry :oops:

I always thought you seemed much younger form your posts... not that 52 is old mind you! :D
    gearboy wrote:
    when you run into someone you haven't seen for a couple years and they ask what you've been up to and your answer is "not much.... work" :cry:

:shock: I said that exact sentence to an old friend the other day :o

... when some of your friends are on their second marriage and you remember them WAAAAAAY before their first :shock:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I groan everytime I get up of the coach,chair,bed :oops: :roll:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    edited October 2009
    When you can't figure out how to quote. copy, or paste.

I still have some 8 track tapes.
    Post edited by Heatherj43 on
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    nuffingman wrote:
    52 but never grown up.

That makes me feel better about being 42. :D Don't feel a day over 10!
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I groan everytime I get up of the coach,chair,bed :oops: :roll:
    I do too and really never thought much about it until one day my 5 year old grandson, who I babysit for, got up from watching TV saying, "ooo, ouch, ooow, oooo, ouch". He didn't do it intentionally to imitate me, nor was he sore or hurting. It just felt like a habit for him after hearing me for so long. I pointed it out to him and he thought it was funny. He didn't realize he did it. Kids really do imitate adults!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    ...you see a gray hair.

but then...

Yeah, but...in my younger years I COULD stay up all night and work all day, now I can't even lose some sleep and work a full day.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    ...all of the kids that i'm hiring now were born when i was in middle school.
    ...and they to watch younger customers get so excited about things like "the lost boys" tshirt when they weren't even born when it came out...and i remember watching it over and over again :(
  • Options
    iamsam_pj wrote:
    ...and they to watch younger customers get so excited about things like "the lost boys" tshirt when they weren't even born when it came out...and i remember watching it over and over again :(

puh-leese, most of your staff weren't even born when i graduated college! :shock:

:lol:

i remember the first time i saw one of those signs that state "you must've been born in X year to purchase cigarettes" and the year was 1986...i almost fell over. talk about feeling OLD. :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    iamsam_pj wrote:

puh-leese, most of your staff weren't even born when i graduated college! :shock:

i remember the first time i saw one of those signs that state "you must've been born in X year to purchase cigarettes" and the year was 1986...i almost fell over. talk about feeling OLD. :?

I hate those signs. I always think the years are too near. Then I realize my age!!!!!!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Random children address ma as "Hoy Mrs" :!: :cry:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693

well i still enjoy younger men. ;)
    as i said, if i think about it...i might feel dirty/pervy, but i simply try not to think about it. :mrgreen:
    hahahaha.

eh well, at least your thinking about it. then again, maybe i wasy lucky, b/c it didn't hit me until after 30, and took me a good 5 years of denial before i faced the facts. :P then i went right back to my wicked ways and am still facing it at 40. so much for the wisdom age correlation eh? :mrgreen:

and i definitely feel old when i consider that people 10-15 years younger than me start feeling old! :shock: and normally, i don't feel old! :lol:

edit - and btw, yes! too far! you are too young to have DVDs containing hot girls that you think you are old enough to be their father! :o ack! that reminds me, my husband saw miley cirus at a today show taping (he used to work right around rockefeller plaza) he had no idea who she was, saw her from behind, and commented to his partner about the chick with the smokin' hot legs. when he found out who she was, from his partner sgiving one of those, wtf man...do you know how old that girl is?! hahahahaha. my husband was mortified. and yes, he said she looked way older from behind. :lol:[/quote]

Well, that's why it is making me feel guilty. Until a little while ago 21 would not have shocked me, but now it's becoming odd. I don't have a problem with younger men, but this guy now feels like a baby :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I hate those signs. I always think the years are too near. Then I realize my age!!!!!!!

a perfect example of an 'you know you're getting old...' statement. ;)

meme wrote:
    Well, that's why it is making me feel guilty. Until a little while ago 21 would not have shocked me, but now it's becoming odd. I don't have a problem with younger men, but this guy now feels like a baby

yes, exactly. :?
    i still imbibe of course. i do have a pulse. ;) but seriously. 21.........*sighs*...and yes, they ARe so adorable! hahahaha. but damn, even hot, they just look soooooo YOUNG. almost too young. and THAt is when i really "realize my age" as lizard above so mentions. :lol: damnnnnnnnnn.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    edit - and btw, yes! too far! you are too young to have DVDs containing hot girls that you think you are old enough to be their father! :o ack! that reminds me, my husband saw miley cirus at a today show taping (he used to work right around rockefeller plaza) he had no idea who she was, saw her from behind, and commented to his partner about the chick with the smokin' hot legs. when he found out who she was, from his partner sgiving one of those, wtf man...do you know how old that girl is?! hahahahaha. my husband was mortified. and yes, he said she looked way older from behind. :lol:

musta missed this one...

i should clarify, the dvd's are not of girls that i could be the father of, which i believe would land me in prison ;) just that i may have a few from that genre, where the "actresses" star with men old enough to be their fathers, hehe. god bless the internet!

your husband shouldn't beat himself up. it's kinda spooky sometimes how fast teenagers grow up these days. it's a strange contradiction... i see girls on college campuses now and they DO look so young. but on the flipside, i used to have to chaperone junior high dances for an old job and some of the girls at them looked like they could walk into any club and get served no problem... in JUNIOR HIGH. some of the guys could have been professional athletes they were so damn huge. there's definitely something wrong with our food supply.
  • Options
    I know I'm getting older cause my oldest nephew turns 20 this friday. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    You know you're getting older when you start reading the nutritional content of foods and look directly for Fiber!!!!!!!!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    You know you're getting older when you start reading the nutritional content of foods and look directly for Fiber!!!!!!!!!

THIS made me laugh!

conor, ok...far better, thank you.
    besides, in reality, the 'average' film has romantic entanglements with may/december pairings ALL the time, with the man being 15-25 years older, and it is NOT the storyline, just 'reality.' :? hahaha. sooo many films are like this, even old films! now if a woman is so much as 7 years older, all of a sudden it IS the plotline. but i digress. no worries, my husband got over it immediately. he just relayed the story b/c it was funny, and yes...commented how young girls dress nowadays. ;) seriously tho, i look back to how i dressed in my teens, most especially make-up....and yea, i looked 'older' at 15 than i did at 25. hahahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    this:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=113773
    great.
    i'm older than monty python.
    :|

Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=113773
    great.
    i'm older than monty python.
    :|

yeah but the guys in monty python are waaay older.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    when you watch major league baseball and realize that almost ALL of the players would be too young for you to date.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    chime wrote:
    When you realise people born in the 90s are now old enough to work :shock: ... and think of the 80s as retro :? :o ... I swear walking around certain parts of London it's like being in a time warp
    or when the prof asks who was born in the 90's and over half the lecture hall puts up their hands :shock:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    When you have just accepted redundancy with roughly a years pay and STILL dont know whether to spend some of it going to OZ for a couple of shows, OR saving it and being sensible as who knows how long it will be until i get another job?

Ten years ago i would already have the flights and tickets booked even though i only got the call 90 minutes ago!!

Dam you sensible getting old thoughts..............
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    When you have just accepted redundancy with roughly a years pay and STILL dont know whether to spend some of it going to OZ for a couple of shows, OR saving it and being sensible as who knows how long it will be until i get another job?

Ten years ago i would already have the flights and tickets booked even though i only got the call 90 minutes ago!!

Dam you sensible getting old thoughts..............

COME TO OZ!!!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★