Options

im thinking of.....

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    plus the fiasco is making another apperance..

Well, hell. I'm in then! Not going to miss Lupe Fiasco!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    fanch75 wrote:
    You could make it an experience.....

Nashville is a cool, very musical (not just country by a long shot) city, if you'd be willing to say "f the festival" aside from when the bands you like are playing. The people are very friendly, the food is fantastic (get some BBQ!), and there are music bars open all over the place. I believe there are quite a few blues & jazz bars as well, although not as many as in Memphis (another awesome city - though I've never been to that one).

Then, you'd get to see a cool city you may not ever go to again, see PJ, eat some food, get treat with great southern hospitality, and maybe hear some rock/blues/jazz you wouldn't get to hear ordinarily. Plan that shit right, you will only be at the festival when you wanna be and you'll be out being awesome in downtown Nashville when "Ten Hairy Women" or whoever is onstage.

I agree with all of that. Problem is I'm not going to spend over $200 on a ticket to the festival to explore Nashville and only catch a couple of bands while having to camp. I think if I'm going to explore the city and state of TN, money would be better spent forgetting about Bonnaroo and just experiencing the greatness of Tennessee.

I say Speedy fires up the RV and we get a nice large Derby trip organized :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    yeah i was going to pm you aftet i saw those picts i knew i didn't wan't to be doing this festival ,hell LOLLA is something totally different i mean after everynight was over i had a nice clean bed great shower and ac to sleep in right across from Grant park i would do that again in a heart beat ......plus the fiasco is making another apperance..

yeah...

once i realized how primitive this festival is i wasnt so thrilled about camping in tennessee for 4 days....

had that one person here not shown the pictures of last years festival....

i would probably be booking the r.v. today....hehehehehehehehehe

but i think i am going to pass on this....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    chromiam wrote:
    I agree with all of that. Problem is I'm not going to spend over $200 on a ticket to the festival to explore Nashville and only catch a couple of bands while having to camp. I think if I'm going to explore the city and state of TN, money would be better spent forgetting about Bonnaroo and just experiencing the greatness of Tennessee.

I say Speedy fires up the RV and we get a nice large Derby trip organized :D

That (Derby) is not a bad idea either!

I won't be at Bonnaroo either. It's too expensive, it'd be over $400 for the lady & I and plus we'll just be getting back from another trip on the Monday before. I've been to Nashville before, also.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    yeah...

once i realized how primitive this festival is i wasnt so thrilled about camping in tennessee for 4 days....

yeah those picts did it for me i was like hell no i don't wan't to be there ...thanks speedy for offering a spot on the RV though maybe sometime in the future ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Well, hell. I'm in then! Not going to miss Lupe Fiasco!

yeaah it's hard to pass on that no ? heheh he eh ;)...
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    That (Derby) is not a bad idea either!

I won't be at Bonnaroo either. It's too expensive, it'd be over $400 for the lady & I and plus we'll just be getting back from another trip on the Monday before. I've been to Nashville before, also.

Bonnaroo is the weekend before a nice almost 2 week roadtrip from me and me lady for a wedding in Michigan. So not exactly sure I would be up for back to back adventures and definitely not at the prices being asked.

get working on the Derby idea Speedy!!!
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    yeah...

in the immortal words of every old guy in every action movie...

"i'm getting too old for this shit!"

:)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    There will be, I'm sure... I can't see them playing only 1 festival show and then going on hiatus til next year, specially not on election year :)
    I'm sure our patience will be rewarded. ;)

hopefully the only other show will be in toledo...

you all will be forced to come...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    someone here posted pictures of last years bonnaroo ........................

i saw all those sweaty dirty hippys playing in the mud....

and i realized i am not ready to deal with that kind of nonsense for 4 days...

hehehehe..........
    where are these pics? even though i've decided i'm not going, i'm just curious now haha
  • Options
    http://www.adventuretouring.com/rv_rentals.htm#22

even if i take something smaller.....like this....

im looking at $1000 for the rental........divided by 3

fuel is gonna run me $300-$400?????

food/booze for the 4 days would run $150 per person???? thats cooking are own meals and eating like kings......

concert pass....$200
    parking of r.v. $75-$100????

by the time all is said and done this trip would cost $800-$1000 per man...

decisions..... decisions......
  • Options
    where are these pics? even though i've decided i'm not going, i'm just curious now haha
    i cant find them....but im looking...

i forget what thread the person posted the pics in.....

but they were quite amusing....hehehehe
  • Options

food/booze for the 4 days would run $150 per person???? thats cooking are own meals and eating like kings......

concert pass....$200

too rich for my blood... but have fun.

For $1000, I can probably catch 4 or 5 PJ shows with travel (driving) and tailgate expenses :D

Admin

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    in the immortal words of every old guy in every action movie...

"i'm getting too old for this shit!"

:)
    haha the thing, as i think about it....even when i was younger, i *still* would have been irritated by so many people acting out :o lol
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Pick me up in Seattle Speedy. I dont fly.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    It'll be a lot of fun, speedy! :)

Make sure you take a lot of pictures during the trip and at the shows!

I'm still kicking myself... wow. I mean I planned on volunteering at Bonnaroo last year for 2008 and it had come to the point that I couldn't this year.... and PJ is playing there?

:p Oh well!

Enough of my sob stories...but I really think people will have a great time there!

I have talked to the Bonnaroo folks quite a few times last year and this year... they are really very friendly people and want to make sure things are done right for everyone to enjoy their shows!

They really are better than the lolla folks... :p

I've filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, DC against Lollapalooza/C3 Presents.

:p That pretty much says how much I feel about them...

So, Bonnaroo is the right place to enjoy PJ as far as festivals are concerned...

Hope you all have a great time! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813

concert pass....$200

Even with having access to an RV without having to rent and doing the VIP thing instead, as you said, with gas, liquor, food, water service, etc. it'll easily run $1000-$1400 per person. I'd do that for a Pearl Jam experience, like for Hawaii. But that's Hawaii! Paradise! Not stinky armpit dirty people! And I actually like the lineup..

I'm not counting out the RV thing, but I'm at a 20% going/80% not RVing now.

The other option to consider is flying/driving in and going 1 day for the show. I have no problem walking an hour and a half from parking to Centeroo and being dirty for the day, catching the show, and after the hour and half walk back to the car and probably another hour of leaving the farm grounds, heading back to the hotel and a nice shower & a drink. Kinda like Camden ;)

The suckie part is that they only offer 4 day passes at $267.40 for the pair with all the fees included. So.. essentially paying $267.40 + hotels + air/gas for one show. Definitely more doable, but still annoying that you're stuck with a 1 day pass.

What to do... :confused:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Even with having access to an RV without having to rent and doing the VIP thing instead, as you said, with gas, liquor, food, water service, etc. it'll easily run $1000-$1400 per person. I'd do that for a Pearl Jam experience, like for Hawaii. But that's Hawaii! Paradise! Not stinky armpit dirty people! And I actually like the lineup..

I'm not counting out the RV thing, but I'm at a 20% going/80% not RVing now.

The other option to consider is flying/driving in and going 1 day for the show. I have no problem walking an hour and a half from parking to Centeroo and being dirty for the day, catching the show, and after the hour and half walk back to the car and probably another hour of leaving the farm grounds, heading back to the hotel and a nice shower & a drink. Kinda like Camden ;)

The suckie part is that they only offer 4 day passes at $267.40 for the pair with all the fees included. So.. essentially paying $267.40 + hotels + air/gas for one show. Definitely more doable, but still annoying that you're stuck with a 1 day pass.

What to do... :confused:
    if they had a one day pass.....then i would be staying at the sheraton in nashville for a couple nights.....checking out the city....and going to the show.....

but $267 for pearl jam......is just silly....imo....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

agreed, but we can all get pretty silly when it comes to pearl jam.

or at least i know i can. don't think there is really too much else
    to see in manchester tennessee except some hills and a couple of goats.

it is beautiful country though.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    yah im for sure a no go on this now...

maybe we can take the RV to an alpine, st. lou, or indy show if/when its announced (theres no way they can just skip 3 huge midwest venues like they have)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    agreed, but we can all get pretty silly when it comes to pearl jam.

or at least i know i can. don't think there is really too much else
    to see in manchester tennessee except some hills and a couple of goats.

it is beautiful country though.
    true dat. i know i've spent plenty traveling to see them, i just know with my budget skills i could make $267 stretch, moreso than just spending it on a ticket!

if it was in nashville or somewhere neat like that, id love to visit
  • Options
    true dat. i know i've spent plenty traveling to see them, i just know with my budget skills i could make $267 stretch, moreso than just spending it on a ticket!

if it was in nashville or somewhere neat like that, id love to visit

exactly. when i travel for shows, a big part of it for me is
    exploring a new city...seeing the sights. doing as much as i
    can while i'm there.

yeah, i may have spent a few dollars on pearl jam over the years. haha

and i don't regret a single penny....not one, and i never will.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    Jon and I are debating whether or not to go... Like a lot of you are saying, spending four days without a shower in the HOT HOT sun is not very appealing. Plus the expenses. Plus it's a festival and we don't care for them much. BUGS. Dirty people. Sweat everywhere. I feel dirty even thinking about going... And I feel incredibly sunburned too.

I love Pearl Jam with all my heart. I'm just not sure if this festival thing is going to work for us though.

Am I a bad person? :( I love Pearl Jam! Really I do! But bugs... And stinky people. I've thought about it for a night or so... Not so sure....
  • Options
    Cateeto wrote:
    Jon and I are debating whether or not to go... Like a lot of you are saying, spending four days without a shower in the HOT HOT sun is not very appealing. Plus the expenses. Plus it's a festival and we don't care for them much. BUGS. Dirty people. Sweat everywhere. I feel dirty even thinking about going... And I feel incredibly sunburned too.

I love Pearl Jam with all my heart. I'm just not sure if this festival thing is going to work for us though.

Am I a bad person? :( I love Pearl Jam! Really I do! But bugs... And stinky people. I've thought about it for a night or so... Not so sure....

no your sane like the rest of us who will choose to wait this one out ...all that you mentioned will be happening ..
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    if they had a one day pass.....then i would be staying at the sheraton in nashville for a couple nights.....checking out the city....and going to the show.....

Yep, that's what I would be doing as well.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    no your sane like the rest of us who will choose to wait this one out ...all that you mentioned will be happening ..
    I mean, it was said that 2008 WILL BE a busy year, so we can only hope, right? I mean there's the election coming up... Pearl Jam will most definitely have to do something about that! But you all know this...

I just always feel so bad when I have to turn down a Pearl Jam show... :(
  • Options
    Cateeto wrote:
    I mean, it was said that 2008 WILL BE a busy year, so we can only hope, right? I mean there's the election coming up... Pearl Jam will most definitely have to do something about that! But you all know this...

dont sweat it! youre right! there WILL be more! ACL still hasnt been announced has it? that would be a much nicer experience... granted its the usually the first week of classes.... im definitely counting on some southern shows... something in seattle... and maybe NYC or boston... atleast a trip to one of those places would actually feel like a trip
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    Yep, that's what I would be doing as well.
    i dont know....

my buddy marty and i can split the room(money is not an isuue...but common sense is)

drive down thursday night/friday morning and spend a couple days in nashville......and tear that city up!!!!!

but it is only one show...for $267...

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.......................
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i dont know....

my buddy marty and i can split the room(money is not an isuue...but common sense is)

drive down thursday night/friday morning and spend a couple days in nashville......and tear that city up!!!!!

but it is only one show...for $267...

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.......................

there's gonna be other shows.....there has to be.....these guys love to play live.....if nothing else, there will be bridge.....ed will want to make up for last year and their pattern is to go every other year so.....:)
  • Options
    Cateeto wrote:

it is hard to pass one up, definitely, but this particular show
    is a whole different ballgame.

i don't think bonnaroo is the only chance we are going
    to get to see them this year either. i really don't.
    Nice shirt.