Options

im thinking of.....

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Talked to Maggie last night and now I'm partial to RV-VIPing again because it might be worth our while... Yargh! :confused:

What's your verdict for today?
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Talked to Maggie last night and now I'm partial to RV-VIPing again because it might be worth our while... Yargh! :confused:

What's your verdict for today?
    im going....

even if i end up driving down there by myself......

im fucking going....

i had a bigtime change of heart/mind/attitude.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I haven't.. I'm still not going. Although I plan on throwing a keg party that weekend, tearing up my grass and paying the neighborhood kids to throw mud and paint at the guests.... I call it the Bonnaroo experience :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Make out a list of pros and cons of going to Bonnaroo. Maybe that will help some people decide. Good luck everyone. :)
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I haven't.. I'm still not going. Although I plan on throwing a keg party that weekend, tearing up my grass and paying the neighborhood kids to throw mud and paint at the guests.... I call it the Bonnaroo experience :D
    hehehehe............

no way in fucking hell.......can bonnaroo be worse than my 2 philly/camden experiences......no way in fucking hell......

no way in fucking hell .......can bonnaroo be worse than the FUCKING DEBACLE known as cincy........no way in fucking hell

and im kind of bummed that yourself
    joe
    garrett
    ricky
    and everybody else who made lolla such a kick ass time.......isnt going to this....

i had a bigtime change of heart...
  • Options
    You know... I would go if it wasn't for the cost aspect. I mean Lolla was $100 for the ticket and I really only went the last day. I used the rest of the time to explore Chicago. But with Bonnaroo I just can't justify spending over $200 for the ticket plus expenses for bands that I really could care less about. Plus, I have a nice two week road trip a week later and hopefully can use money not spent at Roo for the PJ only tour this year.

Just have to take a monthlong vacation from work and have a roaming tailgate :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    im going....

im fucking going....

Are you RVing? Camping? VIPing?

At this point my two options are:

RV VIP. Go w/friend in their RV and do the VIP thing. Gas from Chi to TN will be $$, as will the VIP ticket.... figuring I'd end up spending around $800-$1000 for the weekend. BUT, with VIP there are showers, actual toilet bowls, electricity in the bathrooms, air conditioned tents, lots of free food/water, discounted drinks, VIP stadium seating which I heard rocks the shiz, very close parking and of course the experience w/Pearl Jam (and Metallica, who I also love) and Pearl Jam friends which is priceless.

Buy the 4 day passes but only do the one day thing and spend the rest of the time sightseeing, etc. No worries about being scuzzy, 1/5th the price of option #1, not really getting the friends/hang out experience but at least getting to see PJ for certain.

If it wasn't going to be so friggin hot and maybe in a more...picturesque type place, option 1 wouldn't be a difficult decision.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    You know... I would go if it wasn't for the cost aspect. I mean Lolla was $100 for the ticket and I really only went the last day. I used the rest of the time to explore Chicago. But with Bonnaroo I just can't justify spending over $200 for the ticket plus expenses for bands that I really could care less about. Plus, I have a nice two week road trip a week later and hopefully can use money not spent at Roo for the PJ only tour this year.

Just have to take a monthlong vacation from work and have a roaming tailgate :D
    im one of the few that believes these guys are going to play MAYBE 2-3 shows the entire year.....and thats a big fucking MAYBE....

they have played their asses off the last 4-5 years(europe/canada/U.S.tour in 03 and 06)....i really think these guys are gonna take a well deserved break...

i read the rumors of...new york/the gorge/the south/and everywhere else.....and im just not buying in to any of it....

and if im wrong??? well then im wrong...
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Are you RVing? Camping? VIPing?

At this point my two options are:

RV VIP. Go w/friend in their RV and do the VIP thing. Gas from Chi to TN will be $$, as will the VIP ticket.... figuring I'd end up spending around $800-$1000 for the weekend. BUT, with VIP there are showers, actual toilet bowls, electricity in the bathrooms, air conditioned tents, lots of free food/water, discounted drinks, VIP stadium seating which I heard rocks the shiz, very close parking and of course the experience w/Pearl Jam (and Metallica, who I also love) and Pearl Jam friends which is priceless.

Buy the 4 day passes but only do the one day thing and spend the rest of the time sightseeing, etc. No worries about being scuzzy, 1/5th the price of option #1, not really getting the friends/hang out experience but at least getting to see PJ for certain.

If it wasn't going to be so friggin hot and maybe in a more...picturesque type place, option 1 wouldn't be a difficult decision.
    im not shelling out money for vip....

my R.V.(along with your R.V.) will have a shower....and a toilet....and an air conditioner....(bring generator)

i guarantee the food i bring and cook will be BETTER than any fucking thing they are giving away....THAT I GUARANTEE!!!!

ill be very comfortable(as will you and your friends) just parking in the regular r.v. parking lot....and each and every one of us will save a few hundred dollars..and each and every one of us will have a great time...

$1300 for 2 VIP passes???? not going to happen for me....
  • Options
    im one of the few that believes these guys are going to play MAYBE 2-3 shows the entire year.....and thats a big fucking MAYBE....

they have played their asses off the last 4-5 years(europe/canada/U.S.tour in 03 and 06)....i really think these guys are gonna take a well deserved break...

i read the rumors of...new york/the gorge/the south/and everywhere else.....and im just not buying in to any of it....

and if im wrong??? well then im wrong...

even with 3 or 4 shows, I could most likely see all of those and spend about the same as Bonnaroo. I know its a stretch but I can see a nice mini tour this year sprinkled with a couple of festival/benefit shows.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    even with 3 or 4 shows, I could most likely see all of those and spend about the same as Bonnaroo. I know its a stretch but I can see a nice mini tour this year sprinkled with a couple of festival/benefit shows.
    i hear ya....

but for me its no longer the amount of shows i can attend....
    i have been there and done that...

but that is just me....i understand COMPLETLEY about wanting to do as many shows as possible...ALL THE POWER TO YOU!!!!!!

but those days for me are over and out.....

kicking back and camping with some good friends for 4 days.....even if i am camping out in a field of dirt.......sounds like much more fun to me than driving from city to city...or flying from city to city to see 2 shows....

just me....
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    hehehehe............

no way in fucking hell.......can bonnaroo be worse than my 2 philly/camden experiences......no way in fucking hell......

no way in fucking hell .......can bonnaroo be worse than the FUCKING DEBACLE known as cincy........no way in fucking hell

and im kind of bummed that yourself
    joe
    garrett
    ricky
    and everybody else who made lolla such a kick ass time.......isnt going to this....

i had a bigtime change of heart...

Thanks for the shout out, but yeah, I'm not making this trip.

I have to shell out big bucks for a destination wedding the weekend before that and can't justify two big expenses back to back. If there were one day passes, and I could fly down and check out Nashville for a few days and hit the festival for a day to see PJ I might possibly do that. But the way Bonnaroo is set up with the whole camping or rv thing, it's not really what I'm looking for.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Honestly though, its not about the shows anymore... I mean they are great, that's a given. It is about the hanging out, relaxing with friends (new and old) and having a great fucking time. Also its about seeing parts of the US I haven't yet or wouldn't have the chance to. So with Bonnaroo, I feel I'd get a bigger bang for my buck if I wait and see a few shows from a tour and spend time in different cities rather than blow my load in a field in TN...

Admin

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    im going....

im fucking going....

what caused this change of heart/mind/attitude?
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    taking one of these bad boys to Bonnaroo this summer.....

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/mccready_/?action=view&current=rv_sunset_logo.jpg

watch out!!!!!!!

I cant open this at work since it gets filtered. It sounds goo though. I am sweet talking my wife to let me go.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Honestly though, its not about the shows anymore... I mean they are great, that's a given. It is about the hanging out, relaxing with friends (new and old) and having a great fucking time. Also its about seeing parts of the US I haven't yet or wouldn't have the chance to. So with Bonnaroo, I feel I'd get a bigger bang for my buck if I wait and see a few shows from a tour and spend time in different cities rather than blow my load in a field in TN...

i think all of us getting together in that field in Tennessee could be one hell of a fucking time.....i really do....

we all have done the hotel thing....the tailgate thing....the pre-party thing....the post-party thing.....

but this is just different....and thats what is attracting me

to me now(after a few days of thought)......

this has a chance to blow away every other road trip i have done to see pearl jam.

the insanity of sitting in a dirt field....maybe even a mud field...with 80,000 other knuckleheads......could just be a great fucking time....

and it sucks monkey balls that i cant talk
    you
    joe
    brian
    garrett
    ricky
    and larry into going along...........
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Dollpartz wrote:
    what caused this change of heart/mind/attitude?

maybe he fell on some ice and hit his head? :confused:
  • Options
    Yeah I think it would be a great time.... I just can't justify it in my head. I guess its the cost and lack of options or opportunities to do other things besides hang out on a dirt field.

I went to the Gorge and it was great... took in a Mariners game, hung out in Seattle, saw 2 kick ass shows, went whitewater rafting and met a great bunch of people. I guess that trip spoiled me and has become the standard which I'll hold ever trip after up to.

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Yeah I think it would be a great time.... I just can't justify it in my head. I guess its the cost and lack of options or opportunities to do other things besides hang out on a dirt field.

I went to the Gorge and it was great... took in a Mariners game, hung out in Seattle, saw 2 kick ass shows, went whitewater rafting and met a great bunch of people. I guess that trip spoiled me and has become the standard which I'll hold ever trip after up to.

apples and oranges....

my best friend chris and i have done 4 bridge shows/santa barbara and a bunch of kentucky derbys together.....and they were all good trips that went just as planned....but when him and i get together over the holidays and talk "old times"...THOSE TRIPS NEVER REALLY COME UP....

its the trips where we went camping and 3 of the 8 tents we had were lifted in the fucking air by a storm and blown 1/2 mile away while we all stood out in the rain with bottles of booze in our hands watching it happen....and LAUGHING OUR ASSES OFF!!!!....

or we bring up the time when i passed out in my tent after killing a bottle of vodka and it rained all fucking night....when i woke up i literally had 2 inches of water in my tent....how the fuck i didnt drown ill never know......but the whole fucking time after i woke up I WAS LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!!!!!

this trip to BONNAROO has all the ingredients to be "ONE OF THOSE TRIPS"

hehehehehe.......
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

I find myself in the same predicament, good friends are going and they are tempting me.. but I just can't get myself to justify such an expense...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I find myself in the same predicament, good friends are going and they are tempting me.. but I just can't get myself to justify such an expense...
    DO IT!!!!!!!

fuck the cost...
    fuck the dirt field.....
    fuck the hippies.....

just go out there and have a fucking blast with the rest of us.....
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    chromiam wrote:

Kind of what I'm thinking too. I like picking a different city each time.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    tell ya what...

if you go and end up in a tent....

come over to my R.V. and ill cook you and your hubby breakfast every morning......ill let you use my shower(or ill bring you a portable solar shower)...and ill cook you lobster tails and filets for dinner....and ill let you hang out in the air conditioning as much as you and your hubby want....

if you come in an R.V. lets make sure we drive in there together ...park next to each other......and we will have a fucking KICK ASS TIME!!!!!

AND PARTY LIKE THE FUCKING ROCKSTARS that you and I are!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Lobster tails, fillets, hot showers, sounds pretty wick!
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    Lobster tails, fillets, hot showers, sounds pretty wick!
    i am a firm believer....

if you are going to do something....you DO IT RIGHT!!!!!!
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Thought I may have trouble talking the wife into 4 days in a tent in Tenn, but she's all for it! We'll see you guys there!
  • Options
    GoBucky wrote:
    Thought I may have trouble talking the wife into 4 days in a tent in Tenn, but she's all for it! We'll see you guys there!
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330312,00.html

we have our work cut out for us....

thats alot of panckaes being FLIPPED!!!!!
  • Options

LMAO!!! I was having one crappy morning and I NEED coffee, but this just made my smile :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091

So it might be worth it if they play other show in TN like one of the "I met...." threads implies. Go down there and see 2 or 3 shows well worth the $$$$ :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **