what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Had to tell everyone yesterday and today that I'm leaving... mucho sadness and in one case tears. One person asked what they could counteroffer... I said, "Match the salary, add the bonus, take away evening/night/weekend/holiday call." (Can't happen, sadly.)

So onward I march to a new professional adventure!

okay...I thought you were talking about here in the boards....I was thinking , 'oh, so Miss 'i have a new job' is not going to come to the boards anymore?' :cry:

though it must be nice that other people are so touched by you that they would cry upon hearing about your departure... :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    4and20 wrote:

Had to tell everyone yesterday and today that I'm leaving... mucho sadness and in one case tears. One person asked what they could counteroffer... I said, "Match the salary, add the bonus, take away evening/night/weekend/holiday call." (Can't happen, sadly.)

okay...I thought you were talking about here in the boards....I was thinking , 'oh, so Miss 'i have a new job' is not going to come to the boards anymore?' :cry:

though it must be nice that other people are so touched by you that they would cry upon hearing about your departure... :D

I wonder if they were tears of joy... :think:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    4and20 wrote:

I thought the same {phew}

Hope all goes well in your new job :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    4and20 wrote:

I wonder if they were tears of joy... :think:

was is 'Miss Crunchy Lunch'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • What a bizarro night.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Right, must get the tidying up done and finish wrapping pressies. Or should I go for another coffee. Mmmmm, perhaps a biscuit.
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Go out or stay in???
    I am mine!
  • the difference between how Christmas used to be and how it is now...
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    Am I getting blown off? Accept an offer of an evening out then let it seem like she's backing out? Man I hope not.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I did not move from this chair today except to cook, eat, drink, throw stuff at the dishwasher, and go to the bathroom. Fucking bliss.
  • big ass snowstorm heading to philly...yay!!!!!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    big ass snowstorm heading to philly...yay!!!!!!
    I saw you are to get socked what fun!!

We had a white Christmas here!!
    Big fat yankee flakes fell as we partied in the hot tub last evening. And this as unbelievable...
    an owl flew in and kept us company for a few minutes. It was indeed a magical evening.
    I hope your Christmas was lovely and all your wishes came true! :D
  • pandora wrote:

Big fat yankee flakes fell as we partied in the hot tub last evening. And this as unbelievable...
    an owl flew in and kept us company for a few minutes. It was indeed a magical evening.
    ..snowflakes and hot tubs...perfect!!!! all wishes came true.hope they did for you and jb....waitng for snow :mrgreen: wish i had a hot tub :)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

..snowflakes and hot tubs...perfect!!!! all wishes came true.hope they did for you and jb....waitng for snow :mrgreen: wish i had a hot tub :)
    try to make that wish come true! it was the best investment we ever made. Ours is 8+ years old now and for the money has provided great entertainment ;)
    Enjoy your snow storm :clap: It will be peacefully beautiful there this evening and hopefully the city will be snowed in tomorrow...dare we hope for no work??
  • Ooooooh shucks, foxy lady
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    Hope the next dinner goes as well. And a little farther!!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • What a waste of a snow day. These aren't supposed to happen when I'm already on vacation :roll: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • What a waste of a snow day. These aren't supposed to happen when I'm already on vacation :roll: :lol:

Snow Storms create a lot of babies...

:D;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Snow Storms create a lot of babies...

:D;)
    :shock: :shock:

:shh:

:lol:

That's what I'm saying!!
  • On my way to Florida for a week or so, gonna get away from the cold for awhile.
  • On my way to Florida for a week or so, gonna get away from the cold for awhile.
    Perfect timing! Have fun :)

Perfect timing! Have fun :)

I know! Can't wait to swim with some sea cows!
  • Hoping the snow is bad enough that work either closes or I can justify calling in that I can't make it.
  • Snow+sore throat = :evil:
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    Snow+spouse with gigantic vehicle=hot Dunkin Donuts coffee! :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Snow+spouse with gigantic vehicle=hot Dunkin Donuts coffee! :lol:
    Can he make a run for us :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Snow+spouse with gigantic vehicle=hot Dunkin Donuts coffee! :lol:
    Can he make a run for us :mrgreen:

Sure, and I'll bet he'd be happy to snowblow your driveway, too! :lol:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Mr K is having his first ever sleep over at a friends house......feeling a bit lonely :( . But just got word that he has been a perfect angel and is sleeping soundly. :)