what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Car repairs. :weary:

Oh that sucks! Just went through it myself. Hope it's nothing too serious or expensive.
    I remember your mentioning some car problems a while back. Hoping all of yours have been resolved.

Broken coil spring and leaking differential. Sadly, it is a big deal. You know how it goes. Has to be fixed.
    Good luck on the car. At least you know what is wrong. Having you car taken to the shop not knowing if you are looking at a $300 bill or $3000 is a feeling I never wish to have again. Even though I know I will.
    That would be awful. :fearful:

$800 is enough for today, thank you.
    Still trying to save up 1300.00 to fix mine.
    You win. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I sure hope the car shit isn't too painful.

Meantime, Lady Gaga is rocking it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cb4togA_hE
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Oh that sucks! Just went through it myself. Hope it's nothing too serious or expensive.
    I remember your mentioning some car problems a while back. Hoping all of yours have been resolved.

Broken coil spring and leaking differential. Sadly, it is a big deal. You know how it goes. Has to be fixed.
    Good luck on the car. At least you know what is wrong. Having you car taken to the shop not knowing if you are looking at a $300 bill or $3000 is a feeling I never wish to have again. Even though I know I will.

Transmission...can't drive without it. So.. trying to save to fix it, since it's cheaper than buying a whole new car. :smiley:
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Transmission...can't drive without it. So.. trying to save to fix it, since it's cheaper than buying a whole new car. :smiley:
    And with your terrain, a transmission definitely isn't an optional feature for a vehicle.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

And with your terrain, a transmission definitely isn't an optional feature for a vehicle.
    :lol: true. Though, all three mechanic shops I've had look at it, said that the terrain is what has killed the first two gears. Apparently there are not such crazy grade strains on vehicles in Korea? I don't know. All I DO know is we live right along the crest of a HUGE hill, that is 6%, 8%, and 5% grade all the way round! So.. I take the meandering side of the hill as often as I can, and walk places as I am able, to save the tranny.
  • Options
    In college, my transmission slipped twice then all I had was first and reverse. This is the car that was totaled by the dude who flew up over a hill and rear ended my car. Not only did the car drive down the road a bit sideways, but also rather slowly.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Excellent Men In Blazers podcast interview with Carli Lloyd. Focus is on her approach to the game.

https://soundcloud.com/meninblazers/men-in-blazers-012617-carli-lloyd-pod-special
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I can get really fucking cranky when I don't get my "me time".
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    hedonist said:

Me too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2017
    h
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Me too!
    Me three
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Federal taxes are filed. :)
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Don't wanna file mine.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Annafalk said:

h

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Me too!
    Me three
    And can I get an Amen. Don't interfere with my down time.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ^^I'm having "me time" right now, could never do without it.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Perhaps i have the best mom in the world..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Goddamn cold symptoms again! Now I have to buy more Ricola.
  • Options
    The forum goes on bad way..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Québec
  • Options
    The state of our world.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Disney this week, and just scored HOF tickets. After a bumpy weekend, happy the week is off to a great start!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549

The state of our world.

Best not to think too hard about that - a lot of it is out of our hands.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Kiddo is bummed that school is only on a 2 hour delay and not canceled due to snow.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    samjam said:

Disney this week, and just scored HOF tickets. After a bumpy weekend, happy the week is off to a great start!

Awesome, Sam! Have a great time at Disney!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    deadendp said:

Kiddo is bummed that school is only on a 2 hour delay and not canceled due to snow.

I remember snow days. But I'm glad I don't have to deal with them with my kids. I'd be like, if I have to put that many layers of clothing on you, you're staying gone the whole day, dammit.
  • Options
    My most expensive heart drug price increased by 200% in 2017 from 2016 price.

I'm sad.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Ms. Haiku said:

My most expensive heart drug price increased by 200% in 2017 from 2016 price.

I'm sad.

:open_mouth: So sorry (and angry) to hear that! Affordable healthcare, my ass. The insurance companies just cut everyone else's benefits and now the poor still can't afford medical care or medicine, and neither can the middle class. Greedy bastards! :angry:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jogill said:

The state of our world.

Best not to think too hard about that - a lot of it is out of our hands.
    "... [T]hinking is for the gloopy ones...."

--Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange

:weary:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    There are some great people here..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    I'm at the point in my unemployment when half the week feels like Tuesday.
  • Options
    I like to look at different ways to approach poetry. I think this discussion about Art as Therapy by Alain de Botton is very good and can be applied to different kinds of art.

Alain de Botton on Art as Therapy