Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    samjam said:

I'm part of a most wonderful group of 20 & 30-somethings that have experienced major loss. We get together over dinner and drinks and real talk, and the occasional big event. I always leave feeling really wonderful after. I've met some amazing people who 'get it.' Had such a nice time eating snacks and watching a movie with some really awesome people tonight.

Awesome, samjam!

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    edited August 2016
    Portland OR has great bookstores and yarn shops. I have to visit.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,447
    FrankieG said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

FrankieG said:

How much cash are you gonna keep on hand before the election in case shit hits the fan? :lol:
    I'm kinda joking, but I'm also half serious.... I'm thinking $1,000+/-?

I have 100 1-ounce silver coins on hand in case the dollar collapses!
    How much did they cost you? What is the outlook on silver price if the dollar doesn't collapse?
    They were around $23 each....they have gone down a bit since I bought them.

Silver was in the $30s a few years ago....it usually goes up if the stock market is down.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,447
    My boss gets back from vacation today or tomorrow....gotta get some stuff finished before he starts to hound me!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Can't sleep so I'm rereading old scriptures and found this interesting, they were only to be males "Leviticus 22;19"
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Can't sleep so I'm rereading old scriptures and found this interesting, they were only to be males "Leviticus 22;19"

It also says without defect so without blemish, contamination or diseased etc
    So you would watch that no spell is attached to it no nor sickness and that it's not possessed
    Back in those days it was such case and also it had no deformities so also no food fed to it
    That was dodgey
    Now you can get a clearer picture from up stairs
  • Options
    But totally different when a man delivers his wife from death , it's totally different sacrifice...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't get people who have no qualms about practically yelling into their phone while on the elevator with others.

You're riding up five floors...be considerate and please tell whomever you're talking to that you need to shut the fuck up for sixty seconds.
  • Options
    there was a cat fight outside my window last night.....always in the middle of the night randomly
    our beloved neighborhoods cat is doing well...
  • Options
    Feline Casanova doing his stray cat strut!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Feline Casanova doing his stray cat strut!

is a female.....
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm gonna POP the next bubble I see with a self-absorbed person in it.

Might have to dig out Grand Theft Auto this evening and let out some virtual rage.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

Might have to dig out Grand Theft Auto this evening and let out some virtual rage.

Is this about me? :wink:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Is this about me? :wink:
    Not EVEN close :hug:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Thanks @hedonist & @Ms. Haiku :)

So happy the power is back on...lost it all last night in a storm and the house was like a sauna! Gonna have a nice, restful sleep tonight...in the AC!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Oh I feel for you, samjam.

I LOVE AC.

And Senor Gossard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fu6z019pts
  • Options
    do you remember when santa used to go around your street in his carriage, i vaguely remember when i was about two and he gave me a lollie... just a random thing in my head..
    another thought..couldnt sleep much last night woke up thinking..
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    FRIDAY.
    All that stress I had from the beginning of the week is fading away with each quiet hour that passes from now til 4.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

FRIDAY.
    All that stress I had from the beginning of the week is fading away with each quiet hour that passes from now til 4.

thats nice im happy for you..

i cant sleep, only had 4 hours and i miss 8 hours nights
    all i've been doing is just thinking..
    on another note, the weather is all messed up
    good thing the future is bright...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    less than 4 hours until my vacation starts. :) Start it off tomorrow with a Street Food Festival combined with a public street screening of The Hip concert.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'm envious (and not TOO bitter) about so many people taking vacation time.

I'd like some too, please!

"and soon" - says my sanity.
  • Options
    I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm going to try and nap around 10am after mum has left and I've eaten, hopefully then I get some sleep..I'm thinking/hoping to myself..
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    PJ_Soul said:

less than 4 hours until my vacation starts. :) Start it off tomorrow with a Street Food Festival combined with a public street screening of The Hip concert.

Wooo, vacay! Have fun!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,591
    In a parallel universe i'm at Chicago right now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    New beginnings
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    yep solid foundation...if i punish someone for no good reason
    i get kicked out of home and lose my kids..
    no i dont want that to happen..
    i can act on justice but not on my own cruelty if i desire so
    when im old
  • Options
    revelations 22;15 last sentence
    and 2 thessalonians 1;4-(6)-8-12
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    My cat is awful clingy.. For a cat.. He's kind of the most un-cat-like cat, I have ever been around. He sits and stays on command ( for a short term), like a dog.
    One day I'll video it!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited August 2016
    And.. I was re-reading a book that ThirtyBillsUnpaid told me about, and doing secondary research to see if I could foil the standard thought, which was that a Tiger in the Ukraine area actually killed a man in what appeared to be an act of vengeance. One line in the detective's initial statement stuck out to me. ( "There was a spot in the yard melted down to the earthen soil,( and run off that suggests the cat had lain in wait for over 16 hours, or had been fevered.")
    Cats can survive fever far less well than 80% of the animal population. And in doing some research I found MANY many links to findings from current animal behavior researchers that have discovered the mutation of Canine Distemper in large cats. Out of the 16 cases I read up on, 7 suggest THIS was the reason that the Ukraine Tiger killed the man, though current researchers discovered that the current tribes of that area insist the Tiger killed him because he stole from the Tiger.
    Makes much more sense to say the Tiger probably ATE a dog that was a carrier of the Canine Distemper Virus, thus infecting the cat.
    Post edited by whispering hands on