Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    In person interview on Tuesday, yay!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options

Everything is fine now.

Good to hear, markymark550.

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I watched Silver Linings Playbook many times the past couple days. One of my favorite scenes is of Dolores picking up Pat from the hospital and making it clear that she cares for him and loves him.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Ms. Haiku said:

In person interview on Tuesday, yay!

kewl stuff..

im quite liking facebook at the moment, for all the good recipes,remedies,shopping, touching stories and comedy
    i find myself saving stuff to my wall for personal use..
    just find it annoying when you see the odd occasional silly statuses and think did you realize what you just posted
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Ms. Haiku said:

I was thinking that my heart and the challenges associated with a congenital heart defect are My Story. Then I remembered that I attended 20 Pearl Jam shows, and I realized maybe I have a few stories. This is good.

That's good to always keep positive. Unfortunately we all have something to bear and it's good to try not to dwell on the bad. Nonetheless, best wishes!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Traveling this weekend :smiley:
    Friday: MD -> NJ
    Saturday: NJ -> MD
    Sunday: MD -> MA
    Monday: MA -> MD
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Friends getting together to enjoy some badass times (oh yeah, and music) together.

Wish I were there too, but happy for them :)
  • Options
    You reap what you sow.....!!!
    Oh did you forget what I become...
    No respect equals no respect.....
  • Options
    Jesus,Mary ,James and the Angels know I did it for a good cause so I'm told I'm well excused...So up yours....
    I'm going to sleep now...
  • Options
    I figure that they knew if I found out I wouldn't give my word or help and plan would have failed
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    So my boss is retiring on 5th Nov and her job was advertised this week. There's just me and her in the office and only a handful of people would be qualified for the job, so I'm hoping I have a decent chance. The application form is 21 pages long though so it's going to be a bit of a slog! So two months or so of stress in store for me :tongue:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Thinking about unnecessary crap when all I should be thinking about is home
    And hopping off the net now..
    And sticking to my movies..
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

So my boss is retiring on 5th Nov and her job was advertised this week. There's just me and her in the office and only a handful of people would be qualified for the job, so I'm hoping I have a decent chance. The application form is 21 pages long though so it's going to be a bit of a slog! So two months or so of stress in store for me :tongue:

Get it Jenny!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

Get it Jenny!
    Agreed!

Anticipation can be sweet at times.

(21 pages though? Sheesh, that's a lot.)
  • Options

Good luck, jnimhaoileoin!
  • Options
    I had a job interview this morning. The staff were very nice. It was easy to be comfortable around them, but I gave it my best shot. I created a handout about the job that reflected my initiative and strategic-thinking, and we discussed it during the interview.
  • Options
    A stranger paid me a random compliment earlier, and he made my day.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I had a job interview this morning. The staff were very nice. It was easy to be comfortable around them, but I gave it my best shot. I created a handout about the job that reflected my initiative and strategic-thinking, and we discussed it during the interview.

Well done! Interviews are tough
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Oh that's nice :smile:
  • Options
    Progress update on application form: I have reached page 14 but am only on question 3 of the 10 questions about why they should give me the job :tongue:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited August 2016
    The hair stylist that took me years to find, and then another year or two to get to where she really did a great job with my hair has stopped styling in favour of education (so she's good enough to teach!) and has left her job. Now I am stuck with someone who doesn't know how to do my hair again. It just sucks. :frowning: My hair looks shitty. It will probably look okay in about a month. :disappointed:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    My friend picked the best one for me she said the earlier one is no good so i went with her advice and now the earlier spoilt one is too thick to get it.. sorry not everybody is into popularity if i wanted popularity id hook up with a public toilet with a large print saying best award toilets
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The hair stylist that took me years to find, and then another year or two to get to where she really did a great job with my hair has stopped styling in favour of education (so she's good enough to teach!) has left her job. Now I am stuck with someone who doesn't know how to do my hair again. It just sucks. :frowning: My hair looks shitty. It will probably look okay in about a month. :disappointed:

I don't suppose yer one might do you a favour and see you privately? Flattery might work :tongue:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,440
    FrankieG said:

How much cash are you gonna keep on hand before the election in case shit hits the fan? :lol:
    I'm kinda joking, but I'm also half serious.... I'm thinking $1,000+/-?

I have 100 1-ounce silver coins on hand in case the dollar collapses!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited August 2016

PJ_Soul said:

The hair stylist that took me years to find, and then another year or two to get to where she really did a great job with my hair has stopped styling in favour of education (so she's good enough to teach!) has left her job. Now I am stuck with someone who doesn't know how to do my hair again. It just sucks. :frowning: My hair looks shitty. It will probably look okay in about a month. :disappointed:

I don't suppose yer one might do you a favour and see you privately? Flattery might work :tongue:
    I probably wouldn't even have to flatter her, but she lives like 2 hours away, so I was hoping to get this colleague of hers to learn it. They are friends, and she did consult the old stylist about it, but still didn't do it right. I will give her another chance, because the first time is always a learning experience. Meanwhile.... my hair is all poofy and wavy in all the wrong places. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited August 2016
    Just spoke with an old old friend... We saw PJ together with Red Hot Chili Peppers 1992...that's how long I've known him and we were close for years, but as time goes, family, work, life....the years pass. I've spoken with him in maybe 4 or 5 short times this past year, after years on no contact,,,so been trying to arrange a get together. (1500 miles apart)

Long story........short

I called him tonight and as we got into the conversation, he kept wanting to pull it back to religion and politics, I'm trying to steer the conversation towards us going to Wrigley next week... the past florida shows...life...yadda yada.... he becomes more and more pushy towards politics and religion ....ummm Racist and ULTRA CONSERVATIVE RADICAL CHRISTAIN talk,,,, Asked me if I had given my soul to Christ "Cause I to make sure you don't go to hell", DIRECT QUOTE... Then something racist stuff about Black and Police and lazy welfare..etc....then on to all Muslims are evil terrorist... How he has read the Koran twice and it's nothing but evil and killings....

I held the phone stunned...STUNNED..

I made the mistake of saying something like, "the Old Testament isn't exactly cover to cover Garden of Eden stuff, lots of killing in there".. and my normal.. "I just want people to respect my beliefs and I will respect theirs"

That just made him go off on a weird Liberal Media rant.., I literally said, "I love you man, but i think you need to turn the tv and internet off and relax" the response was a louder rant..

I hastily said I gotta go and to take care of himself...

It was kinda scary how much a person can change... I remember this guy having Green Peace/Save the Whales stickers on his car in the 90's...wow

Now don't get me wrong.. I respect everyones politics and religion. Friends, work colleagues..etc.. but this wasn't like that...this was Aluminum foil hat - the New World Order is listening kinda stuff... still feel weird about the conversation...haha
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

Just spoke with an old old friend... We saw PJ together with Red Hot Chili Peppers 1992...that's how long I've known him and we were close for years, but as time goes, family, work, life....the years pass. I've spoken with him in maybe 4 or 5 short times this past year, after years on no contact,,,so been trying to arrange a get together. (1500 miles apart)

Long story........short

I called him tonight and as we got into the conversation, he kept wanting to pull it back to religion and politics, I'm trying to steer the conversation towards us going to Wrigley next week... the past florida shows...life...yadda yada.... he becomes more and more pushy towards politics and religion ....ummm Racist and ULTRA CONSERVATIVE RADICAL CHRISTAIN talk,,,, Asked me if I had given my soul to Christ "Cause I to make sure you don't go to hell", DIRECT QUOTE... Then something racist stuff about Black and Police and lazy welfare..etc....then on to all Muslims are evil terrorist... How he has read the Koran twice and it's nothing but evil and killings....

I held the phone stunned...STUNNED..

I made the mistake of saying something like, "the Old Testament isn't exactly cover to cover Garden of Eden stuff, lots of killing in there".. and my normal.. "I just want people to respect my beliefs and I will respect theirs"

That just made him go off on a weird Liberal Media rant.., I literally said, "I love you man, but i think you need to turn the tv and internet off and relax" the response was a louder rant..

I hastily said I gotta go and to take care of himself...

It was kinda scary how much a person can change... I remember this guy having Green Peace/Save the Whales stickers on his car in the 90's...wow

Now don't get me wrong.. I respect everyones politics and religion. Friends, work colleagues..etc.. but this wasn't like that...this was Aluminum foil hat - the New World Order is listening kinda stuff... still feel weird about the conversation...haha

give me his number lol..
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yay!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

hedonist said:

Yay!
    It's just uplifting - and humbling - to have received such nice words and energy from a random person, both of us going about our day.

And all because I smiled at him.

You never know the effect we have on others, by even the smallest gesture or action.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”