Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Very happy for you, Jenny!

Cash's In Your Mind is playing here, and therefore on/in my mind.

High beyond the rattle and roar
    Look into the face of love
    :)

Oh, JC.
  • Options
    Well hell, as long as I'm on this road, might as well walk it.

eena kaisa pyar bina [what is life without love?]
    is duniya mein aaye ho to [now that you have come to this world]
    ek duje se pyar karo [love each other, one another]

Such a gorgeous soundtrack.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My dad's sister, whom I don't really want a relationship with, friend requested me on FB. Been sitting there for a few weeks now...probably won't accept it, but I keep thinking about it.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Wishing George were still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek42bXirDjs
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Got my best friend on my mind, Gail.. shes not been well lately and asked me to catch up with her soon, shes been through alot like me..... but the problem is we can only cheer each other up and not fix each other up..but its great bc we have the same beliefs and we have grown up together since i was 5!!!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    samjam said:

My dad's sister, whom I don't really want a relationship with, friend requested me on FB. Been sitting there for a few weeks now...probably won't accept it, but I keep thinking about it.

Fb friend requests can be very awkward!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

Been having a really hard time, for about 18 months now, with the purpose of it all. Its not just about death and destruction.....what is even the point of life at all, even when happy? I know it's cliche. The "Why are we here?" mindset. But i cant stop. It never bothered me until well after my kids were born. never thought about it until around 40 years old. I need a book or something.

I think Hedo's advice to look at your kids for the answer is wise :smile:

But do you think there must be some great purpose to life? We live and we die, what we do in between is up to us. I don't think we're answerable to any so-called higher power or obliged to fulfill any great mission. The purpose of life, if you want to call it that, is to find happiness and to reach the end feeling you have lived well and done your best with the life you were given
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    My heart is heavy. Perhaps I am retarded, and just can't live what you all would call a normal life.
  • Options
    Hang tough, sweet Tree.

Who lives a normal life, anyway?

You know where and to whom you can reach out.
  • Options
    you have to be really really blind, dumb and so stupid to not fear authority when you dont know what your consequences will be....but good go ahead make your day lol im a cognito cat with more than nine lives.....
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Been having a really hard time, for about 18 months now, with the purpose of it all. Its not just about death and destruction.....what is even the point of life at all, even when happy? I know it's cliche. The "Why are we here?" mindset. But i cant stop. It never bothered me until well after my kids were born. never thought about it until around 40 years old. I need a book or something.

Nobody can know for sure why we're here
    but we all know we're here
    So go from here with what you have been given
    (I'm sorry if this sounded a bit stupid :)

My grandfather once said
    - Wouldn't it be just as strange if we didn't exist...
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,739
    Vacations on two days!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    everybody is behaving now but its great you can look up old threads.....
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

My heart is heavy. Perhaps I am retarded, and just can't live what you all would call a normal life.

"Normal" isn't normal. And certainly normal for one person isn't necessarily normal for all. Keep faith and keep working towards January changes. Keep your head up and know that we are there for you. :kiss:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

samjam said:

I don't ever see her, she lives on the opposite coast, so it could be much worse. My sister accepted her request and is much more open to a relationship with her, so I feel like more of the 'bad guy.' But I'm not even friends with my aunts on my mom's side whom I love very much. I draw the line at cousins :lol: No need to friend Grandma on FB!

On the other hand, if I made the exception, it could be a way to see into each other's lives without actually having to do anything. But I really, really do not like her :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    samjam said:

samjam said:

I don't ever see her, she lives on the opposite coast, so it could be much worse. My sister accepted her request and is much more open to a relationship with her, so I feel like more of the 'bad guy.' But I'm not even friends with my aunts on my mom's side whom I love very much. I draw the line at cousins :lol: No need to friend Grandma on FB!

On the other hand, if I made the exception, it could be a way to see into each other's lives without actually having to do anything. But I really, really do not like her :lol:
    Don't do it, Sam. You are not the bad guy. If you wouldn't hang out with them IRL, no need to add to your cyber life.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    SD48277 said:

samjam said:

samjam said:

Don't do it, Sam. You are not the bad guy. If you wouldn't hang out with them IRL, no need to add to your cyber life.
    ^^^^This, also if they abuse the privilege. My dad way over stepped on my FB so I unfriended him. It's a public profile even if it is way locked down, people need to understand boundaries.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    edited August 2016

Have you tried writing your thoughts down? That could help. Gets it out of your system.
    Post edited by bluegrace on
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    bluegrace said:

Have you tried writing your thoughts down? That could help. Gets it out of your system.

“However brief our time in the sun, if we waste a second of it, or
    complain that it is dull or barren or (like a child) boring, couldn't
    this be seen as a callous insult to those unborn trillions who will
    never even be offered life in the first place?”

• Options
    folks were not happy with my first selection of old fling but they are happy with my new selection which they made clear the old will have nothing to do with the new and i can see it in their faces they glad i turfed the old..so obviously dream all you like of being there but you wont be...
  • Options
    "cockage" might be the best username here.
  • Options
    perks of a seat and suffering and authority.....!!! :smiley: dont worry im good..unless your not....
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

Does that exist?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Does that exist?
    Yes, yes it does.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Love you two :)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,217
    You would think mtv classic would be showing old vma shows instead of broadcasting the live one tonight which about five other stations are already doing including Spike tv??? But nope image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Thinking a trifecta of 'Cready, Setzer and Neilson would be THE shit.
  • Options
    For reference purposes, of course.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk_WpqVFYZg

C'mon, can you not see Mike bopping around, and that Rick fella too?
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,489
    hedonist said:

Hang tough, sweet Tree.

Who lives a normal life, anyway?

You know where and to whom you can reach out.

Me! A wife, two kids, dead end job, waiting to die.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Oh Mal. I kind of get your words, but really...some die just to live?

Perhaps, but others don't.

Please do not discount your value to your wife. To your children.

To YOURSELF.

Sometimes I want to kick some of you in the ass. Not from lack of affection, but because of it.