Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I'm thinking about how it's my baby girl's 8th birthday today and we're about to go to her birthday dinner and then we get to meet their teachers for this year. Kids grow so fast!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I'm thinking about how it's my baby girl's 8th birthday today and we're about to go to her birthday dinner and then we get to meet their teachers for this year. Kids grow so fast!

:)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Happy bday to your lil munchkin.

• Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im super excited.. if it wasnt for mary i would have never moved on and found this new life...
  • Options
    I fucking rock for leaving the good leftovers for my husband when he gets home later.
  • Options
    An unfortunate grammatical error at my kids' school...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559

Have been in touch with an interesting guy on an online dating site and he has suggested meeting up. I've only ever met up with one guy before and hadn't felt any connection with him in the first place so wasn't bothered when it lead nowhere. This guy feels different, so fingers crossed :smile:

My fingers and toes are crossed for you, Jenny! Let's hope he's a music lover.
    He's a writer :smile: I've finally found someone who welcomes my waffle and writes equally long messages :tongue:
    That's exciting! Let us know how it goes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Just how pure, true, just and good he is... i cant get over how they make him look otherwise....thats a daring stupid thing to do i read and was told.....!!! some people really mislead themselves blindly so im told...its amazing i cant get over it still....
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,281
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting. ☺️
  • Options
    Riding down nine floors on an elevator with a screaming, tantrum-y kid completely reversed all the calm I'd gained by having some quiet time during lunch.

Even better, the women she was with thought it was adorable!

Assholes.
  • Options
    last night i dreamt his mob was suggesting me to marry someone i didn't want to marry and i burst out in anger and only got to say 1 reason out of the 7 reasons why i don't want to marry him and don't like him,
    i was so surpressed with all the reasons i wanted to blurt out but didn't have time or get to but one things for sure, i did wake up happy i got to express my true feelings even though not been able to give all the reasons and i'm sure someone else would have been proud..
  • Options
    Catching a Danny Carey interview.

Simple and complex, in both mind and action.

(pretty much how I love my man/men/people in general)

Goodness, he is talented. One of THE best.
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    edited August 2016
    How weirdly surreal the news in America seems now. Politics, shootings, bathroom laws...WTF??? Maybe we are all part of a reality show secretly devised by aliens for their amusement on the follies of humans. But what happens when they decide we aren't so amusing anymore? And their game show is the pokemon thing...cuz they look just like them but are much much worse. I need to go to sleep soon.
    Post edited by camsjam on
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    How much cash are you gonna keep on hand before the election in case shit hits the fan? :lol:
    I'm kinda joking, but I'm also half serious.... I'm thinking $1,000+/-?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

How much cash are you gonna keep on hand before the election in case shit hits the fan? :lol:

We've actually been doing this for the past few months, have $700-$800 thus far. Just never know what will go down (especially living in earthquake country).
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    hedonist said:

FrankieG said:

We've actually been doing this for the past few months, have $700-$800 thus far. Just never know what will go down (especially living in earthquake country).
    Glad I'm not the only one... :confounded: I have 7 paychecks between today and the election. 5 of them will include my raise. I should easily make it to 1K...

It really makes me angry that I am considering this based on the political party nominations. I don't want to get into it on here, we all can agree the "political climate" is very negative this year..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    mary knows im not hungry for him and verified it with me too,and its obvious i woke up without a care or thought of it, so it puzzles me how his friends are telling him otherwise, i mean really, is that really a good friendship to be fooling your mate
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Waiting in the ER stinks
  • Options

Waiting in the ER stinks

i hope everthing is ok markymark :confounded:
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Waiting in the ER stinks

Thanks. Here with my grandmother-in-law. Think she's having a bad reaction to some new medication, but not sure.
  • Options

JWPearl said:

Waiting in the ER stinks

Thanks. Here with my grandmother-in-law. Think she's having a bad reaction to some new medication, but not sure.
    well i hope it gets sorted out quickly,, hospitals are so depressing and morbid
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

Waiting in the ER stinks

well i hope it gets sorted out quickly,, hospitals are so depressing and morbid
    Thanks. We've been here long enough, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Patton Oswalt's recent tribute to his late wife and his openness / eloquence of what he's been through brought me to tears earlier.

marky, I hope all went well. Fucking ER's. Thankful they're there and been through our fair share of that experience, but yeah...fucking ER's.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Saturday is on my mind
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Patton Oswalt's recent tribute to his late wife and his openness / eloquence of what he's been through brought me to tears earlier.

marky, I hope all went well. Fucking ER's. Thankful they're there and been through our fair share of that experience, but yeah...fucking ER's.

Everything is fine now. It was just a bad reaction to some new medications. Apparently her general practice doctor is one with a quick push for drugs even if not needed and didn't do his homework on it. The pharmacist raised some concerns with it, but was overruled. Even though it took a while, I was thankful that ER did all that they did. To top it off, she was going through that while my father-in-law was having a surgery (at least it was in the same hospital). My wife's nerves are really on edge right now, but at least her dad and grandmother are on the recovery side of it all.

I appreciate your and JWPearl and anyone else's concerns and well wishes.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    edited August 2016
    I was thinking that my heart and the challenges associated with a congenital heart defect are My Story. Then I remembered that I attended 20 Pearl Jam shows, and I realized maybe I have a few stories. This is good.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    mum said shes super busy and is preparing something for me which is probably why shes taking so long because she has plenty other things to do, which i understand, and i know she said there abouts but im a person of precision and hate waiting lol
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I was thinking that my heart and the challenges associated with a congenital heart defect are My Story. Then I remembered that I attended 20 Pearl Jam shows, and I realized maybe I have a few stories. This is good.

sorry to hear..