what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• the godfather.. an american classic.

A classic where it's own fame and success has jaded the film slightly I think.

As you said, a classic though.

oh i dont think so.

im watching it now and it is as good as i always remember it. no amount of its fame or success could jade my opinion of it. a masterful piece of american cinema.

Maybe. I'm only 25 so i only watched it recently. But i guess its been talked about, copied and parodied so much it kind of took some of it's impact away then if I saw it upon its initial release.

I don't think its overated.

Scarface is overated...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

A classic where it's own fame and success has jaded the film slightly I think.

As you said, a classic though.

oh i dont think so.

im watching it now and it is as good as i always remember it. no amount of its fame or success could jade my opinion of it. a masterful piece of american cinema.

Maybe. I'm only 25 so i only watched it recently. But i guess its been talked about, copied and parodied so much it kind of took some of it's impact away then if I saw it upon its initial release.

I don't think its overated.

Scarface is overated...

25!! youre just a baby(no offense). ive grown up with this film. thanks to a not-so-mindful-of-ratings father. :lol: its def not over rated... tha we agree on.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Ever seen the Long Good Friday?

Classic British gangster film although im not sure you could compare it to The Godfather
    Ever seen the Long Good Friday?

Classic British gangster film although im not sure you could compare it to The Godfather

indeed i have.

the godfather is about family imo, so i dont think theyre comparable.

ever see a prayer for the dying?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Ever seen the Long Good Friday?

indeed i have.

Not heard of that one...
    Ever seen the Long Good Friday?

indeed i have.

Not heard of that one...

its from the 80s. liam neeson, bob hoskins(as a priest), mickey rourke. its a good little film.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Classic British gangster film although im not sure you could compare it to The Godfather

indeed i have.

Not heard of that one...

its from the 80s. liam neeson, bob hoskins(as a priest), mickey rourke. its a good little film.[/quote]

I'll take a look and put it on my rental list (its quite big at the min actually)

I might buy The Third Man over the weekend, I really need to see this again.
    bed. goodnight all.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Why does my ipod cut off songs in the middle of them? SO annoying!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I swear to God, it's like she waits for me to get back and then heats up the stinky food of the day. Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut. Poke, poke, poke, poke, poke. Chew, chew, chew, chew, chew.

I want to barf. I really do. It's disgusting. Who eats a hot lunch when it's 85 degrees out?!?!?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    the same person who enjoys watching you gag on the smell of the food... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    zchick wrote:
    the same person who enjoys watching you gag on the smell of the food... :lol:

One of these days, I'm going to... I'm going to... to...

sit here and silently shake my fist at her back
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'm hungry, the shopping has just been delivered and I have absolutely no idea what to eat.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Do I go see Snoop this weekend? He is performing Doggystyle in its entirety. I believe I will buy that ticket. And Tribe will be there. How I miss the nineties.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Do I go see Snoop this weekend? He is performing Doggystyle in its entirety. I believe I will buy that ticket. And Tribe will be there. How I miss the nineties.
    Shit ya yo.. Tribe is the greatest!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Shit ya yo.. Tribe is the greatest!

Hell Yeah.
    Cavstarr? Did we meet in Cleveland? :lol:

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Claireack wrote:
    I'm hungry, the shopping has just been delivered and I have absolutely no idea what to eat.

what? your shopping comes delivered?
    i have to find me one of those services round here !
    talk about convenience :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    ...and now she's on to chips. Will the torture never cease?
    her chips stink too? salt and vinegar?

- Christopher McCandless
  • ...and now she's on to chips. Will the torture never cease?

i hear ya!! i got someone over here that does the same shit
    red onions :sick::sick:
    they do it on purpose...assholes!! :evil:
    i hate work!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

I guess everybody went to lunch? Hello?

- Christopher McCandless
  • zchick wrote:
    I guess everybody went to lunch? Hello?

sorry..its my fault
    i have a knack for making threads silent once i appear :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Everything is coming down.

"run chicken little run! the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

- Christopher McCandless
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    why do jeff and stone switch instruments for 'smile'?
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I've been waiting on the phone on hold for the last 20 minutes...Is it ever gonna end?
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    wondering if Jukee is still on hold...must be really important if she is!

- Christopher McCandless
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    driftin' awaaay, driftin' awaaay ~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

oh my... gough whitlam... how could i forget him. *shakes head in disgust*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    we're going to ireland!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~