Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    it's not nice to laugh at others' misfortune...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    RKCNDY said:

I agree! When I was a child that was a huge no no. As I became an adult comedy seemed to almost rely on making fun of others. It seemed wrong to me.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    RKCNDY said:

That wasn't on my mind
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    JWPearl said:

Sprunkn7 said:

tis a mystery why some people get hyped up over little things.

It's called joy sprunkn
    Not good hype! Bad hype!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    You think your so clever and got it all figured out well if you don't ask Mary your going to be very shocked when you don't see the sight of me or my back end...
    I've never seen so many people fool themselves as much as yourselves but it's to late when I say I told you so isn't it you think I settle for shit or that God expects me to well I'm sorry the ni again there are a few unscrewed it's no secret but you will see or ask Mary sorry you blew it
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    RKCNDY said:

Schadenfreude...
  • Options
    You think the bibles a joke well sorry it's not and I have grounds for
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    spin cycle
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Stupid corporate radio stations...they decided to take away one of the rock stations and change it to a dance/alternative station, then shuffle around the other stations so now we have 2 alternative stations, 6 hip-hop/rap/house/R&B station, 4 country stations, 3 religious stations, 1 indie and 1 rock station.

rock station plays mostly older stuff...hardly any of the new stuff. :anguished:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

Stupid corporate radio stations...they decided to take away one of the rock stations and change it to a dance/alternative station, then shuffle around the other stations so now we have 2 alternative stations, 6 hip-hop/rap/house/R&B station, 4 country stations, 3 religious stations, 1 indie and 1 rock station.

rock station plays mostly older stuff...hardly any of the new stuff. :anguished:

if it makes you feel better the only rock station we have is classic rock.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

proverbs 6;12-(((16)))-19
    it would do well to meditate on every single one of these
    oh and can an old dog really learn new tricks
    i guess its up to the individual to answer..
    with love
    hebrews 12;11-15

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

if it makes you feel better the only rock station we have is classic rock.

Just give it a try. You never know... :wink:

RaDiO TiP

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    slept a little and dreamt a little but still not enough sleep even
    when i took a dozile it didnt work so may take a day nap
    time is flying by so fast now and i feel under pressure to
    choose which goal i want but decided im going to take my time
    and analyse everything before i make a big choice and im going
    to also ask Jesus if my choice is good...
    then i can go on with my pastime.. so excited as i still feel so young
    and exploring new/old things will be fun and i think the learning
    from mary too will be good im really looking forward to it then
    after i will join family.. play a game of tennis.. ;):)

• Options
    cant really say but it was nice..
  • Options
    three day weekend coming up....Yay!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,531
    The game of the year..come on Panatha..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Have i got the nerve and would I know how to chat up the nice guy in our facebook group? :tongue:
  • Options

Have i got the nerve and would I know how to chat up the nice guy in our facebook group? :tongue:

yes, yes you do!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,616
    RKCNDY said:

Hoping my aunt and uncle did not live in that building that fell today.

Yikes, me too! What building fell?? Where?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    its nearly time cant wait for big revelations...
    im tired but also excited in meeting new people...
    going on dates enjoying my hobbies with family..
    and one day find someone to settle with...
    someone who would protect me and the kids..
    so sick of losers who sink just as low....
    right now somebody is being chased by a bull
    oh well too bad thats what happens when you
    ask for it....
    have a lovely day im going to be healthy and
    drink water after the going to the river and after
    the window guillotine and before i get to the pub
    and before i get home
    better late than never...
    I know the truth.....!!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Hoping my aunt and uncle did not live in that building that fell today.

Yikes, me too! What building fell?? Where?
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/asia/taiwan-earthquake/index.html

When the news first broke, it came from a news source in Taipei. They didn't specify the city, so I assumed it was Taipei where my aunt and uncle live, thankfully it wasn't there.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Some people really are dumber than shit.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    SD48277 said:

Some people really are dumber than shit.

you called? :grin::dizzy:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    this is all on my mind in this order

hebrews 6; ((18)) -20
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lie
    john 14;6,7(((9-11)))12
    psalms 5;6
    1 peter 2;21(((22)))23
  • Options
    I have sick days in the bank, no docs in the office today, so why do i feel guilty that I want to stay home and try to finally kick this infection to the curb? No one at work cares! They're telling me to stay home and they mean it. LOL...Guilt, I hate to feel guilty for no reason!
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I apologize in advance to anyone that may identify with this woman, but I am a NYC based consultant that for over the last decade has ran around this city assisting large, well known companies and corporations clean up their payroll function. Nutshell, I am a HRIS systems, workflow, and policy expect with a firm conceptual understanding of payroll. I'm not trying to overly toot my on horn here, but I am an animal at what I do with references who can confirm as much.

I'm currently at a cool fashion company in SoHo where it's starting to look like there maybe a FT job for if I want it. Long story short, while the staff is handling the day to day shit I have been told by my boss's boss and her boss that I am to document the current process, identify gaps, and make recommendations as to what we can mitigate against and plug them as possible. This is the whole reason I am here.

My boss also brought on a couple of people to assist her in the day to day crap, which I am supposed to help out with, but stay at arms length from so I can focus on the big picture stuff. One is a Payroll Clerk who lives in El Paso, worked as a Customer Service Rep at ADP for 7 years, and had never set foot in NYC as of like 6 weeks ago. The total and complete lack of understanding of how the NYC corporate world works and how this woman functions could not be any greater. Yesterday, a woman that never went to college, has never worked in a true corporate environment, makes about half what I do, and is a temp with no chance of sticking around pulled me off to the side and advised me that “She doesn’t appreciate how I go about doing what I do.”, and proceeded to tell me ‘what exactly she is going to need from me going forward.’ I tried explaining to this imbecile that I am not here in the same role that she is, that I have been instructed to do certain things that she has not been made aware of, and that she is over stepping her role BIG TIME to absolutely no success. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it to be honest. This woman got on a plane out of San Antonio with the corporate knowledge of what it is like to be a CSR for ADP, which there are probably 5,000 of across the country, and walked into a NYC corporate office as temp thinking she would tell others how to do their jobs. It’s staggering to me. Anyway, hey Ted Cruz, can you please get your peeps out of my NY value system based career? I’ve got enough fucking shit to have to deal with over here. Much thanks.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

I apologize in advance to anyone that may identify with this woman, but I am a NYC based consultant that for over the last decade has ran around this city assisting large, well known companies and corporations clean up their payroll function. Nutshell, I am a HRIS systems, workflow, and policy expect with a firm conceptual understanding of payroll. I'm not trying to overly toot my on horn here, but I am an animal at what I do with references who can confirm as much.

I'm currently at a cool fashion company in SoHo where it's starting to look like there maybe a FT job for me here if I want it. Long story short, while the staff is handling the day to day shit I have been told by my boss's boss and her boss that I am to document the current process, identify gaps, and make recommendations as to what we can mitigate against and plug them as possible. This is the whole reason I am here.

My boss also brought on a couple of people to assist her in the day to day crap, which I am supposed to help out with, but stay at arms length from so I can focus on the big picture stuff. One is a Payroll Clerk who lives in El Paso, worked as a Customer Service Rep at ADP for 7 years, and had never set foot in NYC as of like 6 weeks ago. The total and complete lack of understanding of how the NYC corporate world works and how this woman functions could not be any greater. Yesterday, a woman that never went to college, has never worked in a true corporate environment, makes about half what I do, and is a temp with no chance of sticking around pulled me off to the side and advised me that “She doesn’t appreciate how I go about doing what I do.”, and proceeded to tell me ‘what exactly she is going to need from me going forward.’ I tried explaining to this imbecile that I am not here in the same role that she is, that I have been instructed to do certain things that she has not been made aware of, and that she is over stepping her role BIG TIME to absolutely no success. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it to be honest. This woman got on a plane out of San Antonio with the corporate knowledge of what it is like to be a CSR for ADP, which there are probably 5,000 of across the country, and walked into a NYC corporate office as temp thinking she would tell others how to do their jobs. It’s staggering to me. Anyway, hey Ted Cruz, can you please get your peeps out of my NY value system based career? I’ve got enough fucking shit to have to deal with over here. Much thanks.

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

I'm currently at a cool fashion company in SoHo where it's starting to look like there maybe a FT job for me here if I want it. Long story short, while the staff is handling the day to day shit I have been told by my boss's boss and her boss that I am to document the current process, identify gaps, and make recommendations as to what we can do to mitigate against and plug them as possible. This is the whole reason I am here.

• Options
    blue dreams well that was nice I thoroughly enjoyed that..thanks
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,616
    How does staff effectively tell their boss that his secretary is a disaster? Several of us feel that he needs to know how and why she's driving all of us up the wall, and why she is completely useless, but that is a really difficult thing to bring up, especially when it will make her look so bad and she wouldn't know we're doing it. He obviously has to know some of it, but I don't think he understands just how bad it is for most of the staff, and we feel like he needs to confront the issues with her....... I'm sure as hell not going to be the one to bring it up to him though! (yes, I have tried to talk to her directly - it absolutely does not work - this chick is totally fucked up).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata