Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    RKCNDY said:

Oh, well in that case at 33, she's old enough to know what she wants (dating wise)...the way she's acting, I thought she was a recent college grad. :lol:

Bear in mind that age does not necessarily determine experience! Considering I'm 30 and have never even been on a date. Though if that girl is so active on Tinder I'm guessing experience is something she's not short of...
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2016

RKCNDY said:

Oh, well in that case at 33, she's old enough to know what she wants (dating wise)...the way she's acting, I thought she was a recent college grad. :lol:

Bear in mind that age does not necessarily determine experience! Considering I'm 30 and have never even been on a date. Though if that girl is so active on Tinder I'm guessing experience is something she's not short of...
    I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you're 30 and you've never been on a date? How is that possible? I mean, with all the apps and shit out there now it's almost impossible to at least find someone that swiped right on you, and then you just take it from there. I mean, it's a fucking shit show, but at least you can give it a shot.

Look, I only knew/know this girl since like Christmas. This has nothing to do with experience. This has everything to do with how some people would rather complain about drowning than accept a life preserver that might not be exactly the one they want. Again, this girl went to Cornell and Yale and has a PhD in Bio mechanical Engineering, got out of school and decided she had no interest in perusing a career in it at all. She lives in an apartment in midtown Manhattan she is paying only maintenance fees on, yet complains how much she wants to move somewhere else. In short, I think she is addicted to being fucking miserable and bitching about everything and how lonely she is when she tells people she has admitted connections with that she doesn't want a relationship. She's gonna keep messaging and meeting up with douchbag guys on Tinder and complaining about how shallow NYC is and how she can't find a good man, when she essentially just threw one to the curb. It's not a sex thing. It's an addiction to meeting guys she knows are gonna suck, just so she can bitch about how terrible everyone is and how lonely she is.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Saltzy23 said:

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you're 30 and you've never been on a date? How is that possible? I mean, with all the apps and shit out there now it's almost impossible to at least find someone that swiped right on you, and then you just take it from there. I mean, it's a fucking shit show, but at least you can give it a shot.

Look, I only knew/know this girl since like Christmas. This has nothing to do with experience. This has everything to do with how some people would rather complain about drowning than accept a life preserver that might not be exactly the one they want. Again, this girl went to Cornell and Yale and has a PhD in Bio mechanical Engineering, got out of school and decided she had no interest in perusing a career in it at all. She lives in an apartment in midtown Manhattan she is paying only maintenance fees on, yet complains how much she wants to move somewhere else. In short, I think she is addicted to being fucking miserable and bitching about everything and how lonely she is when she tells people she has admitted connections with that she doesn't want a relationship. She's gonna keep messaging and meeting up with douchbag guys on Tinder and complaining about how shallow NYC is and how she can't find a good man, when she essentially just threw one to the curb. It's not a sex thing. It's an addiction to meeting guys she knows are gonna suck, just so she can bitch about how terrible everyone is and how lonely she is.

our dear friend Jenny is a tad shy. We can say 'get out there' but for some people, it's really difficult to get the nerve up to ask people out much less try a dating app or whatever. I'm not sure if Tinder has an app that works where she is.

Saltzy, sounds like that girl is addicted to drama. Some people love to wallow in sorrow. I'm sure you'll find some amazing girl that is better than the drama queen, NYC is a big place.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

our dear friend Jenny is a tad shy. We can say 'get out there' but for some people, it's really difficult to get the nerve up to ask people out much less try a dating app or whatever. I'm not sure if Tinder has an app that works where she is.

Saltzy, sounds like that girl is addicted to drama. Some people love to wallow in sorrow. I'm sure you'll find some amazing girl that is better than the drama queen, NYC is a big place.
    RKCNDY you seem very wise I think :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited February 2016
    Don't use Tinder anyway. It's pretty much just full of people looking for hook ups. But Jenny, a real matchmaking company might be able to help you and make things comfortable and less nerve wracking, if you are interested in trying to date and meet someone. Of course, if you're not interested in that, that's okay too! There are strong arguments for AND against relationships!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Don't use Tinder anyway. It's pretty much just full of people looking for hook ups. But Jenny, a real matchmaking company might be able to help you and make things comfortable and less nerve wracking, if you are interested in trying to date and meet someone. Of course, if you're not interested in that, that's okay too! There are strong arguments for AND against relationships!

Yeah! Fuck relationships!

In all seriousness though, once you get the ball rolling and get past the 'OMG, OMG, OMG. who is this person?!? Will they like me?!?' jitters people get in the beginning online dating is comically easy.

Here is the absolute worst scenario, which has happened to me a bunch. Meet person, mutually realize you are not a match in like 5 minutes or less, politely say 'Hey, I actually gotta run. Stay in touch, ok?' ' after a drink or two, and never speak to the person again. Both people know what 's up when that happens.

Just look at the whole thing as test driving a car. There's no commitment, and if you aren't interested in buying it you just take it back to the dealership and say 'Thanks! I'll be in touch.'
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

In all seriousness though, once you get the ball rolling and get past the 'OMG, OMG, OMG. who is this person?!? Will they like me?!?' jitters people get in the beginning online dating is comically easy.

Here is the absolute worst scenario, which has happened to me a bunch. Meet person, mutually realize you are not a match in like 5 minutes or less, politely say 'Hey, I actually gotta run. Stay in touch, ok?' ' after a drink or two, and never speak to the person again. Both people know what 's up when that happens.

Just look at the whole thing as test driving a car. There's no commitment, and if you aren't interested in buying it you just take it back to the dealership and say 'Thanks! I'll be in touch.'
    but then the car dealership is like a stage 5 clinger and will constantly call, and call, and call.....and call. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    A nurse colleague of mine once met a 90 year old lady who told she never even had kissed a man. She simply said she never met the right one.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

but then the car dealership is like a stage 5 clinger and will constantly call, and call, and call.....and call. :lol:
    Nah, that's rare with the dating apps. Say out of every 100 matches you actually meet up with like 10-20 people. Out of those like 80% are gonna be duds or people that totally misrepresented themselves. The rest are ones where you at least see the person a second time.

Keep in mind, with shit like Tinder all you need to avoid clingers in general is just not give out your number and communicate over the app. If you want to rid yourself of any unwanted riff raff you just unmatch them. In 3 seconds all evidence of their existence as well as any means of contacting you goes poof, just like that.
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

A nurse colleague of mine once met a 90 year old lady who told she never even had kissed a man. She simply said she never met the right one.

That's both awesome and sad at the same time.

People need to realize 'the one' is a person you can be in the same room with alone for hours and not want to choke out, makes you laugh, treats you well and who you can trust. After 40 years waiting for some 'time stands still-eyes meet from across the room-lightning bolt' moment you start to realize what it's really all about.

Really, this is why this shit with this girl is so disappointing. I know we would happy giving it a shot, but she's gonna keep scouring the earth looking for something that doesn't exist. Whatever, fuck her.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't even see why the "stay in touch" part is necessary. Just say, "It was nice meeting you, but I don't think we're a match. Take care." Complete honestly usually makes things easier in the long run!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dude, I don't think you realize that for women, online datings doesn't start out as 'OMG, OMG, OMG. who is this person?!? Will they like me?!?' so much as it is "Is this person a psychopath who wants to harm me?"

you can't be female of a certain age and NOT have friends with horror stories off of Tinder or Match.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dude, I don't think you realize that for women, online datings doesn't start out as 'OMG, OMG, OMG. who is this person?!? Will they like me?!?' so much as it is "Is this person a psychopath who wants to harm me?"

you can't be female of a certain age and NOT have friends with horror stories off of Tinder or Match.
    Maybe in a lot of the country, but in NYC it's basically the same as chatting someone up at a bar. It's kinda hard to assault someone when you're meeting them at a bar or restaurant in midtown with a million other people around.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Saltzy23 said:

ldent42 said:

Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Maybe in a lot of the country, but in NYC it's basically the same as chatting someone up at a bar. It's kinda hard to assault someone when you're meeting them at a bar or restaurant in midtown with a million other people around.
    the sad thing is, I think you genuinely believe that.
    If you want a laugh, check out Bye Felipe on Instagram to get a taste of the female experience in the world of online dating.
    I'm not gonna get into it, but getting assaulted at a bar in midtown is a really silly example. Most of the times it starts with stalking, not getting assaulted on a first date.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Saltzy23 said:

ldent42 said:

Saltzy23 said:

PJ_Soul said:

the sad thing is, I think you genuinely believe that.
    If you want a laugh, check out Bye Felipe on Instagram to get a taste of the female experience in the world of online dating.
    I'm not gonna get into it, but getting assaulted at a bar in midtown is a really silly example. Most of the times it starts with stalking, not getting assaulted on a first date.
    This is anecdotal evidence. I want proof that more women are assaulted by men they met on dating apps than guys they simply met at bars or wherever. At least on the apps you have a photo and a link to some social media profile out there somewhere. Any girl that gets drunk or roofied and have some guy do something he shouldn't do have nothing except memories and DNA.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Wise words, indeed.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Excited and sad but sickness wins over just don't want it anymore
    Today been at dads sewing his shorts when before he cooked an awesome
    Lunch..tomorrow my daughter visits for lunch and dinner so I'm looking forward
    To them over.. Been practicing guitar Tuesday and yesterday slept at dads and
    Tonight as well we are also going away next week..should be nice..
  • Options
    laser hair removal, wonder would it work....
  • Options

The ones you buy and do at home don't (like the No No. Don't buy that - it's basically useless). Obviously professional laser treatment/electrolysis does the trick, but it's really expensive. You have to do something like 5 treatments.
  • Options
    Have to come into the office on my day off because one of my co-workers is too useless to handle shit.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

Have to come into the office on my day off because one of my co-workers is too useless to handle shit.

Sometimes it sucks being the responsible one. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The ones you buy and do at home don't (like the No No. Don't buy that - it's basically useless). Obviously professional laser treatment/electrolysis does the trick, but it's really expensive. You have to do something like 5 treatments.
    Yeah it's the expensive one I'm considering! Not guaranteed to work though
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I just found this awesome 3 bowl stackable piece at Home Goods...can't wait for the flower show so I can make a wicked terrarium! Heheheheeee.....oh boy!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I know a few people who had it done and it worked for all of them (they went through the multiple treatments - I wonder if it doesn't work for those who don't do enough treatments in an attempt to save money??). Maybe there is a place that offers some kind of guarantee? I.e. if it doesn't work you get your money back? But chances are it will work great. If you have the money for it, do it! I know I would! :)
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Fenway? Wrigley? Both? Probably both. Can't help myself when Boston is close to me, and Chicago is close to my bf!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I know a few people who had it done and it worked for all of them (they went through the multiple treatments - I wonder if it doesn't work for those who don't do enough treatments in an attempt to save money??). Maybe there is a place that offers some kind of guarantee? I.e. if it doesn't work you get your money back? But chances are it will work great. If you have the money for it, do it! I know I would! :)
    Thanks! Good to hear it has worked for people :smile: Will do some research and get some consultations
  • Options
    How foolish is he
    He will find out
    That even magnets
    Can split.....
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224

It's good for dark hair. If you have blond hair it might not work well. Remember that you have to shave before a treatment. By doing so, you will stimulated the growth of blond hair. The laser will impact on the dark hair (so not visible anymore) but you will be stuck with long pale hairs.
    If you are thinking about a body part were there is not a lot of hairs, electrolysis is a better option (in the face per example).

Both option are expensive.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Longueuil said:

It's good for dark hair. If you have blond hair it might not work well. Remember that you have to shave before a treatment. By doing so, you will stimulated the growth of blond hair. The laser will impact on the dark hair (so not visible anymore) but you will be stuck with long pale hairs.
    If you are thinking about a body part were there is not a lot of hairs, electrolysis is a better option (in the face per example).

Both option are expensive.
    Yeah it'll cost up to €1000 I'd say
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    well its going to be hot all week late 30's
    to early 40's for a long spell as well
    so i wont be going out anywhere
    just be practising guitar and probably watching movies..
    or do some gardening early and plant some ''flowers''
    would be nice if my friend would call my number....
    got a call last night but not sure whom it was as i was in
    such a deep sleep i couldnt recognise the who it was
    and was too tired to register or call back..