Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We went to a park in the area this weekend in hopes of seeing a bald eagle. I had never seen one before. Well, we got lucky and actually saw two! It's a couple and people said they have started to build a nest. Now we went there on Saturday around noon. Apparently, they have been seen mating on that day later, and now the hiking trail is closed off so they don't get disturbed. It was so awesome to see them, I hope they will have some healthy offspring. Talk about timing!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Wondering if I'm brave enough to go along to a Metallica table quiz on my own on Wednesday night and get put on team with three strangers :tongue:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

The fact that I've been hanging out with this chick I really like for a month, and who I am now quite sure I have either fucked up or who is trying to get the point across she only wants to be friends.

Man, fuck dating. Fuck it to death!

Maybe you can get together again later, play cool :)
    yes, play it cool. Don't be too eager, it's a big turn off.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    How nice it is to see less complaint threads about tix on the porch
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    I am still reeling with excitement of getting a chance to see/hear Pearl Jam "Live" in just few months!! The last time in '08 I bought tickets, but didn't get to attend so, this time is a really big deal!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    finally free to do what i want after good chit chat.....
    and while its only a month now till autumn cant wait...
    my options are varied but i think ive taken
    a liking to one solid and strong one too...
    unfortunately not where my family is situated
    but where my friend mary is but can move after
    ive learnt enough hopefully..
    james vouches to cause problems to anybody
    causing problems for us.... so im finally at ease now
    and feel ready to press on it took me a while but
    i think its the best decision ive made in my life
    and whilst ive found out who true loyal family is
    and whom isnt i keep my mouth and door shut
    but thanks to mary for letting me know whos true
    and who is not she proved a good friend and so
    is my friend gail too who has me in her thoughts
    there apparently is some big sweet surprises for
    me coming up apparently mary said so im
    hopeful excited at the same time negative
    but apparently i will be working by her side so
    it should be very interesting and priveledged
    and james also is expecting to accompanying
    me as well so i really have to be serious and
    do my homework and christine my buddy will
    join you not long after ive learnt what im
    sposed to.. i am really excited as its private
    so dont know what to expect and and what
    i will learn but i feel pretty lucky to learn some
    confidentiality between us and protocols
    anyway thinking of all this the strong one
    and my family..
    take care..
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2016
    RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

The fact that I've been hanging out with this chick I really like for a month, and who I am now quite sure I have either fucked up or who is trying to get the point across she only wants to be friends.

It’s more complicated than that. I met this chick and clearly got along very well with her. She told me after the 1st date that ‘she really liked me, but that she wasn’t sure she felt romantic feelings’, which I begrudgingly went along with thinking that I would break her down over time with kindness (mistake #1) and with the knowledge that at the worst case, I found a really cool chick to hang out and do shit with.

Over the last 5-6 weeks we’ve hung out at least once a week. She was sending me texts every 2-3 days just to say hi. She invited me to her fucking birthday party and told her dad about me and shit. I never made a move cause it just didn’t ever really felt right and I stupidly thought ‘If I make a move and it doesn’t go well I’m probably never gonna see this girl again, and that would suck cause we clearly have a cool vibe going on.’ (mistake #2)

Last, last Friday we go out to dinner and she casually drops a ‘…so when we’re back at my place later’ line out of no where. I had not been to her place up to that point. I played it cool, and after eating I helped her go shopping as the storm was moving in and she needed food and shit. When we get back to her place we just sit and bullshit on her couch. For some reason she never really sits right next to me. I had no idea what the hell she wanted me to do. I stayed until like 11:30 and when the snow started to move in I got up and said I needed to take off. I realized afterwards she shot me a weird look. (mistake #3, at least I think so?)

Anyway, ever since she has been really short and curt in her texts, which she no longer even really sends anymore, won’t really tell me when she wants to hang out when I’ve asked, and has really just been fucking shitty to me in general.

Again, it just really sucks. I really liked this girl and I honestly have no idea what I did, with the exception of not mauling her in her place when she never really gave me any indication that's what she wanted me to and had me thinking she just wanted to be friends up until that very time.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    edited February 2016
    Increased workload and title promotions without pay raises ...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    The smell of espresso.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    FrankieG said:

Ugh. That's the worst.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

Ugh. That's the worst.
    "virtually guaranteed a raise in 18 months" yayyyy :facepalm:

Good news is my days will go by quicker? :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    FrankieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

Ugh. That's the worst.
    "virtually guaranteed a raise in 18 months" yayyyy :facepalm:

Good news is my days will go by quicker? :lol:
    Yeah, being busy is definitely a positive! ... "Virtually?" :lol: Maybe they should have said "literally" and made you feel a little more confident about a raise a year and a half from now, eh? :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

It’s more complicated than that. I met this chick and clearly got along very well with her. She told me after the 1st date that ‘she really liked me, but that she wasn’t sure she felt romantic feelings’, which I begrudgingly went along with thinking that I would break her down over time with kindness (mistake #1) and with the knowledge that at the worst case, I found a really cool chick to hang out and do shit with.

Over the last 5-6 weeks we’ve hung out at least once a week. She was sending me texts every 2-3 days just to say hi. She invited me to her fucking birthday party and told her dad about me and shit. I never made a move cause it just didn’t ever really felt right and I stupidly thought ‘If I make a move and it doesn’t go well I’m probably never gonna see this girl again, and that would suck cause we clearly have a cool vibe going on.’ (mistake #2)

Last, last Friday we go out to dinner and she casually drops a ‘…so when we’re back at my place later’ line out of no where. I had not been to her place up to that point. I played it cool, and after eating I helped her go shopping as the storm was moving in and she needed food and shit. When we get back to her place we just sit and bullshit on her couch. For some reason she never really sits right next to me. I had no idea what the hell she wanted me to do. I stayed until like 11:30 and when the snow started to move in I got up and said I needed to take off. I realized afterwards she shot me a weird look. (mistake #3, at least I think so?)

Anyway, ever since she has been really short and curt in her texts, which she no longer even really sends anymore, won’t really tell me when she wants to hang out when I’ve asked, and has really just been fucking shitty to me in general.

Again, it just really sucks. I really liked this girl and I honestly have no idea what I did, with the exception of not mauling her in her place when she never really gave me any indication that's what she wanted me to and had me thinking she just wanted to be friends up until that very time.
    well, she probably wanted you to make a move since she invited you to her place.
    That's over with, so maybe call her up and ask if she wants to hang out, come over to your place or something and tell her you really dig her and see what she says? Maybe she's a little shy...

I dunno, I'm pretty much a straightforward person and hate all those stupid games some girls seem to like to play.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Better start brushing up on my Metallica trivia for the quiz tomorrow night :)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i hope it rains today bc i dont like watering the garden where we live
    too much traffic
    found a good site where you can watch some of the latest movies online
    so stoked already watched a few good ones
    im only hoping today in the near future that i find a good person and find true love and
    share something deep and meaningful and definitely personal
    and that he can work around my duties and commitments nicely as well.....
    thats all i want besides he has much to gain.....!!!
    today i may have to walk the dog and practise guitar oh and forgot to say i
    may be staying at dads tonight not sure though yet..
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JWPearl said:

i hope it rains today bc i dont like watering the garden where we live
    too much traffic
    found a good site where you can watch some of the latest movies online
    so stoked already watched a few good ones
    im only hoping today in the near future that i find a good person and find true love and
    share something deep and meaningful and definitely personal
    and that he can work around my duties and commitments nicely as well.....
    thats all i want besides he has much to gain.....!!!
    today i may have to walk the dog and practise guitar oh and forgot to say i
    may be staying at dads tonight not sure though yet..

Sounds like quite a list of things to accomplish, but a sunnier place to be today. Glad to see it. :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

well, she probably wanted you to make a move since she invited you to her place.
    That's over with, so maybe call her up and ask if she wants to hang out, come over to your place or something and tell her you really dig her and see what she says? Maybe she's a little shy...

I dunno, I'm pretty much a straightforward person and hate all those stupid games some girls seem to like to play.
    i might be an asshole but I'm kinda thinking you may have dodged a bullet there Saltzy. I'm with RK about the games. Why would you wanna be with a chick that pulls crap like that? But maybe that's me. I dont know much about dealing with women.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

i might be an asshole but I'm kinda thinking you may have dodged a bullet there Saltzy. I'm with RK about the games. Why would you wanna be with a chick that pulls crap like that? But maybe that's me. I dont know much about dealing with women.
    I have more in common with this girl than 99% of anyone I meet. We make each other laugh. She had her dad give her a 1969 Mets team signed ball to give to me. Also, I'm not even sure she knows she's playing games. She seems to have really low self esteem, or at the minimum has no clue what she wants to do with her life. She has a PhD from fucking Yale and is a real estate agent. We're both weirdos but we seem to be each other's kinda weirdo. Man, I dunno....cause I like her.

She sent me a text asking me to do some small stupid favor for her a few hours ago. I legit have no idea what to do. I'm torn between just ignoring her and using it as an in to meet up with her and finally just talk this crap out already. Lawdy, I suck at this shit.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Saltzy23 said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

I have more in common with this girl than 99% of anyone I meet. We make each other laugh. She had her dad give her a 1969 Mets team signed ball to give to me. Also, I'm not even sure she knows she's playing games. She seems to have really low self esteem, or at the minimum has no clue what she wants to do with her life. She has a PhD from fucking Yale and is a real estate agent. We're both weirdos but we seem to be each other's kinda weirdo. Man, I dunno....cause I like her.

She sent me a text asking me to do some small stupid favor for her a few hours ago. I legit have no idea what to do. I'm torn between just ignoring her and using it as an in to meet up with her and finally just talk this crap out already. Lawdy, I suck at this shit.
    Unsolicited advice: meet up with her and talk with her.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2016
    Saltzy23 said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

I think you are right about her being shy. It seems you two have a lot in common and you make each other laugh it's too good to give up so easy. Good luck :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

RKCNDY said:

Annafalk said:

Saltzy23 said:

Go do the favor and talk that shit out. In reality, if you make a move and she hates you for it, you lose her. If you ignore her, you lose her anyway.

Take the chance and make a move. Give her a hug, hold her hand, put your arm around her...if she's cool with that, then go in for more. I think she really likes you if she gave you a signed baseball.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    wondering why the hell i am still up at 4 am.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530

Go to your bed NOW!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    edited February 2016
    SD48277: Unsolicited advice: meet up with her and talk with her.

RKCNDY: Go do the favor and talk that shit out. In reality, if you make a move and she hates you for it, you lose her. If you ignore her, you lose her anyway. Take the chance and make a move. Give her a hug, hold her hand, put your arm around her...if she's cool with that, then go in for more. I think she really likes you if she gave you a signed baseball.

Pap: It's better to regret something you did than regret not doing it.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    They "came off the boat," and the generations afterwards have "go" within them.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    RKCNDY: Go do the favor and talk that shit out. In reality, if you make a move and she hates you for it, you lose her. If you ignore her, you lose her anyway. Take the chance and make a move. Give her a hug, hold her hand, put your arm around her...if she's cool with that, then go in for more. I think she really likes you if she gave you a signed baseball.

Just to put a bow on this, I replied to her asking why she was being the way she was after the last time we hung out. She replied that she didn't really know what I meant, but that she thinks that I maybe looking for more than she is. That she really wants to be friends, but that's all. (Hey, at least I finally know if I was supposed to make a move last week, which has been killing me). I said that there's really no way I can do that over the long haul, and that I'm not really sure how to take it other than she'd rather keep going out with random jerkoffs on Tinder than at least give it a try with someone she shares so much in common with, treats her well, makes her laugh and thinks she is beautiful. She said something about how even she understands that is irrational, but it's just how she feels and she isn't sure what she can do about it. So, in short, like I said earlier, this girl has no idea what the fuck she wants and I'm too old to play these games in my life.

We/I left it with that she probably won't be hearing from me as often, but that we should still go to the baseball game(s) we had planned to go to in like late April and May if she wants to. Then I wished her good luck on her Tinder adventures and upcoming trip to Florida.

Honestly, I feel; like a freaking million bucks getting it over with. If I'm not good enough, then bah to you sweetheart.

Keep in mind ladies, this means I am still readily available.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Just to put a bow on this, I replied to her asking why she was being the way she was after the last time we hung out. She replied that she didn't really know what I meant, but that she thinks that I maybe looking for more than she is. That she really wants to be friends, but that's all. (Hey, at least I finally know if I was supposed to make a move last week, which has been killing me). I said that there's really no way I can do that over the long haul, and that I'm not really sure how to take it other than she'd rather keep going out with random jerkoffs on Tinder than at least give it a try with someone she shares so much in common with, treats her well, makes her laugh and thinks she is beautiful. She said something about how even she understands that is irrational, but it's just how she feels and she isn't sure what she can do about it. So, in short, like I said earlier, this girl has no idea what the fuck she wants and I'm too old to play these games in my life.

We/I left it with that she probably won't be hearing from me as often, but that we should still go to the baseball game(s) we had planned to go to in like late April and May if she wants to. Then I wished her good luck on her Tinder adventures and upcoming trip to Florida.

Honestly, I feel; like a freaking million bucks getting it over with. If I'm not good enough, then bah to you sweetheart.

Good job talking it out. Did she happen to recently get out of a relationship? She could just want a break from the pressures of a committed relationship for now. I don't know how old you are, but sometime girls just want to figure out their lives first before adding someone else to it.

Just enjoy her company when she wants to hang out, maybe she will realize what she wants. :)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    RKCNDY said:

Saltzy23 said:

Good job talking it out. Did she happen to recently get out of a relationship? She could just want a break from the pressures of a committed relationship for now. I don't know how old you are, but sometime girls just want to figure out their lives first before adding someone else to it.

Just enjoy her company when she wants to hang out, maybe she will realize what she wants. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With respect, fuck that. She's 33 and complains incessantly how lonely she is and how shitty NYC is. If you're at that point and you find a person that at some point you found attractive (we met though an online dating app), who even you admit you get along well with, makes you laugh, and treats you well only to toss it back in favor of going on like 3 Tinder dates a week(not the app we met on for the record) with admitted 'losers and weirdos', then take care. I have too much self respect and too little little time left in my life to deal with that.

I give it less than 50/50 I ever see her again. It's a shame too. We really got along so well every time we hung out.
  • Options
    Oh, well in that case at 33, she's old enough to know what she wants (dating wise)...the way she's acting, I thought she was a recent college grad. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    23scidoo said:

Go to your bed NOW!!!!
    :lol: i did, at 5...woke up at 1. lazy rainy days off for the win!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2