Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    deadendp said:

No drunk texts tonight? Thought for sure some would be posted!

No drunk texts, though apparently Ron Jeremy was the limo driver and Felix Unger was the photographer.
    I didn't even give you the follow-up, Amy. The limo driver brought his kid with him, and my friend didn't even realize this until he and his lovely bride were IN the limo and saw the kid seated there.

No drunk texts. Sorry, folks. The top shelf bar that was promised, was mid-level and limited. I did send some random texts, but nothing horrendous.

The wedding cake made me want to puke....too sweet.

This is, and probably will be, the only reception I've been to where they played 2 Live Crew. As my friend, the groom, said before the dancing was to begin: "It's going to get weird."
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    Sounds like an interesting night, even if the bar was not that great.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

No drunk texts, though apparently Ron Jeremy was the limo driver and Felix Unger was the photographer.
    I didn't even give you the follow-up, Amy. The limo driver brought his kid with him, and my friend didn't even realize this until he and his lovely bride were IN the limo and saw the kid seated there.

No drunk texts. Sorry, folks. The top shelf bar that was promised, was mid-level and limited. I did send some random texts, but nothing horrendous.

This is, and probably will be, the only reception I've been to where they played 2 Live Crew. As my friend, the groom, said before the dancing was to begin: "It's going to get weird."
    Lmao! Was it 'me so horny'?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

Childcare issues that evening? Um, weird.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options

Lmao! Was it 'me so horny'?

Actually, it was "Pop That P***y."
    deadendp said:

Childcare issues that evening? Um, weird.

Either that, or the limo driver fancies himself some kind of superhero and sees his kid as his sidekick.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Frankie, I hope you have a great time at the wedding you are going to today.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I feel kind of horrible. I couldn't take it any longer and I went to the post office to complain about my carrier. Living in the city, they walk from house to house with a truck transfer of mail from time to time. (They leave the truck parked on the secondary road and move it up every so often.) Keep in mind that I also live on a dead end street.

She misdelivers the mail all. the. time. The neighbors are giving me my mail on a regular basis. I'm only one house from the corner. The numbers on my house are at least 3" high. They aren't that hard to see. I left her a note when she delivered my concert tickets to the neighbors. I appreciate that I do have honest neighbors who hate my music.

Yesterday, I had mail to be picked up. My daughter and the neighbor were playing on the overly gigantic trampoline they just placed in the tiny side yard bordering my driveway. She saw the mail lady all occupied on her phone and not paying attention. The mail was not picked up and frankly, it needed to go out.

I went to the post office with mail in hand. I went to the counter. "My mail lady isn't so swell." The man got me a manager. I told him that I understand that it is a boring job, but the mail is delivered wrong on a fairly regular basis and if, perhaps, she would just put her phone down for a little bit, that may help her do her job. I told him I work retail. I get it when a customer complains. I hated to do it. He said he wished that I would have come sooner. I explained that I'm not that lady. I don't want people to get in trouble, but concert tickets, if not returned by honest neighbors, are something that I'll lose out on completely. (Yes, we buy the physical tickets.) He said that she wasn't going to lose her job, but that he was going to speak with her.

I feel like a fink, though. Maybe my mail will start being delivered correctly. Or, not at all . . .
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I feel kind of horrible. I couldn't take it any longer and I went to the post office to complain about my carrier. Living in the city, they walk from house to house with a truck transfer of mail from time to time. (They leave the truck parked on the secondary road and move it up every so often.) Keep in mind that I also live on a dead end street.

She misdelivers the mail all. the. time. The neighbors are giving me my mail on a regular basis. I'm only one house from the corner. The numbers on my house are at least 3" high. They aren't that hard to see. I left her a note when she delivered my concert tickets to the neighbors. I appreciate that I do have honest neighbors who hate my music.

Yesterday, I had mail to be picked up. My daughter and the neighbor were playing on the overly gigantic trampoline they just placed in the tiny side yard bordering my driveway. She saw the mail lady all occupied on her phone and not paying attention. The mail was not picked up and frankly, it needed to go out.

I went to the post office with mail in hand. I went to the counter. "My mail lady isn't so swell." The man got me a manager. I told him that I understand that it is a boring job, but the mail is delivered wrong on a fairly regular basis and if, perhaps, she would just put her phone down for a little bit, that may help her do her job. I told him I work retail. I get it when a customer complains. I hated to do it. He said he wished that I would have come sooner. I explained that I'm not that lady. I don't want people to get in trouble, but concert tickets, if not returned by honest neighbors, are something that I'll lose out on completely. (Yes, we buy the physical tickets.) He said that she wasn't going to lose her job, but that he was going to speak with her.

I feel like a fink, though. Maybe my mail will start being delivered correctly. Or, not at all . . .

Seriously, you are not a fink!! That lady needs to get her head out of her ass and do her JOB!! Postal jobs pay VERY well!! She should be concentrating on the task at hand.. NOT her phone!
  • Options
    I've considered starting to call her "Newman."
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Not at all a fink. Actually it seems like the manager listened to you which I'm personally surprised about. The mail lady herself is actually worrisome because if she's on her phone while walking to put the mail in the boxes, she might be on her phone when driving between areas too & that's a serious hazard.

If it makes you feel better I have a really shitty post office too. There isn't a day gone by that I don't see the stray envelopes on top of the boxes that were misdelivered. I usually put it under their door if they're on my floor but you know there's ppl who don't give a shit and throw it out. I lost textbooks that watt a couple years ago. Bought them off ebay, shipped to me via USPS, taking shows delivered but no package anywhere. I go to the post office for help they're like
    "what do you want us to do"
    "uh, find my package?"
    "It was delivered"
    "not to me it wasn't"
    "yes it was"
    "can you just find out who delivered it and ASK?"
    "You know how many packages they deliver every day? They're not going to remember this"
    "well you have to do something you can't just tell me you lost my shit and tough titties for me."
    "It wasn't lost it was delivered."
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413

RKCNDY said:

Don't worry about it, I went to a wedding as a bridesmaid(in my twenties) where I knew the bride, the maid of honour and my date. The whole wedding party kept taking safety meeting breaks, it was open bar, it gets a little fuzzy at the end but I ended up with dick pics of the brides brother that I took, but apparently did not touch, a bunch of new friends and some truly great stories. I had to be talked into going to that wedding, best wedding ever except for the outfit I was forced to wear.

You are the only other person I know who calls them 'safety meetings' too...
    I think it's a PNW, that's all we refer to them as :)
    Never thought it was a regional term. I've worked in a lot of restaurants and back when I used to partake we would call them "safety meetings". :lol:
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I've considered starting to call her "Newman."

"Too many people go their mail! Close to 80%. No body from the post office has ever cracked the 50% barrier! It's like the 3-minute mile!"
    :smiley:
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Not at all a fink. Actually it seems like the manager listened to you which I'm personally surprised about. The mail lady herself is actually worrisome because if she's on her phone while walking to put the mail in the boxes, she might be on her phone when driving between areas too & that's a serious hazard.

If it makes you feel better I have a really shitty post office too. There isn't a day gone by that I don't see the stray envelopes on top of the boxes that were misdelivered. I usually put it under their door if they're on my floor but you know there's ppl who don't give a shit and throw it out. I lost textbooks that watt a couple years ago. Bought them off ebay, shipped to me via USPS, taking shows delivered but no package anywhere. I go to the post office for help they're like
    "what do you want us to do"
    "uh, find my package?"
    "It was delivered"
    "not to me it wasn't"
    "yes it was"
    "can you just find out who delivered it and ASK?"
    "You know how many packages they deliver every day? They're not going to remember this"
    "well you have to do something you can't just tell me you lost my shit and tough titties for me."
    "It wasn't lost it was delivered."

That sucks. I have Christmas cards that were misdelivered, were not returned to me and thankfully, were reprinted and sent again at no cost. Someone has 60 cards somewhere with my family and me on them wishing them a happy holidays.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    that song by magic, rude, is probably one of the worst songs i have ever heard
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

that song by magic, rude, is probably one of the worst songs i have ever heard

WHAAAAAAAAAA
    I love that song

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    I had no idea what song that was. I've now listened to it. I will not listen to it again. :minus_one:
  • Options
    wife has it playing in rotation while packing. yeah its bad....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:

That's rude.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Nami said:

That's rude.
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Amy, you are not a fink. You are lucky you have honest neighbors (although the missing box of Christmas cards is a little creepy). Just because it is a crappy/boring job doesn't mean she/he has to be a crappy employee.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Fuck politicians...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WHY IS EVERYTHING SO FUCKED UP
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    ldent42 said:

Anything we can help with?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hobbes said:

Nami said:

That's rude.
    hello hobbes how are you? Magic lover as well I guess?? hehe
    ldent42 said:

its ok indent, deep breaths, tomorrow will be a better day.

cant leave the door and not be down money instantly... cant wait for a cheaper, fun, slow paced life style... bring on the ol newfie.
    Post edited by Nami on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Thankful for some amazing and generous people out there...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Wedding update... Had 2 shots, danced the night away, great night... Until my date ends up in another guys room... She has already friend zoned me, but Im still really pissed. I have a 4 hour drive home with her tomorrow, how can I make this somewhat bearable or what should I say to her to make her guilty? Fuck this...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,881
    Fishing
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

Wedding update... Had 2 shots, danced the night away, great night... Until my date ends up in another guys room... She has already friend zoned me, but Im still really pissed. I have a 4 hour drive home with her tomorrow, how can I make this somewhat bearable or what should I say to her to make her guilty? Fuck this...

Can't she find her own way home? She found her own way to someone else's room. Sorry to be mean, but she can get home on her own. That should make her feel guilty enough.
  • Options
    It is Exactly one week from both my 42nd birthday, as well as my 1st year sober birthday! I can't believe all the changes in my life in just one year! I also detest alcohol.. That's huge for me!! ( as I used to plan everything around my being able to consume it). I am happier now than I have been in years! And a lot of that has to do with the support I've found here, so thank you all!
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    deadendp said:

FrankieG said:

Can't she find her own way home? She found her own way to someone else's room. Sorry to be mean, but she can get home on her own. That should make her feel guilty enough.
    I thought about just leaving but I think that's a little too extreme.. Maybe I'm too nice of a person. That's what got me in this mess in the first place.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7