what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067

Why are humans so selfish??

Because we think we are the center of the universe..west modern life..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • marilormarilor Posts: 618
    The last day before one week off !!!
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • 23scidoo said:

Yes. Unfortunately, you are correct. But when it's some poor animal paying the price for our selfishness, it really irks me..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482

23scidoo said:

Yes. Unfortunately, you are correct. But when it's some poor animal paying the price for our selfishness, it really irks me..
    you wouldn't be talking about the giraffe killer that Ricky Gervais keeps shaming on social media, would you?

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited April 2015
    I just got a text from a coworker. "Beth just got fired." Who is Beth? Well, she works in the pewter department of the gallery that I work at. We had a big event this weekend. The event was much better received that anyone thought, leaving it to be our gallery version of Black Friday. Thousands of people descended upon our little gallery in the city, parking a block or better away and standing in lines upwards to three hours long to cash out. A customer asked Beth if she could see if there was a particular item in backstock. She went to look, ended up finding it and when she returned to the lady, the lady simply apologized and stated that she was sorry, she decided on something else. Apparently Beth called her and "as*hole" and starred at her for a minute, then tromped away.

I get there there were tons of people.

I get that there was a lot of waiting.

There were so many people that they had to cut off having people come in for a while for fear of fire regulations and well, maximum occupancy being reached.

I come to work Monday and hear tales of the weekend, including this one. The twist was, the tale was being told to me about a close coworker of mine being mentioned-- not Beth.

I texted Toni to have her dispel the rumor.

Julia came in and I asked her directly. She denied she had done it, but she was at the counter when the customer talked with them about it. Toni had called, informed the gallery director, apologized profusely to the customer and informed her that being treated that way wasn't okay.

We're peddling art, after all. I mean, we understand that we aren't selling things that are life sustaining. What we sell is extra fluff in life. It isn't gas for your car. It isn't food for the table. It isn't paying the light bill.

Now, I've been at my place of work for over 13 1/2 years. I can count on ONE hand with FINGERS left over on how many people have been fired in my history of working there.

Beth didn't deny calling the customer the name which we shall not say. (Mods don't like it.) She also didn't deny hearing the rumor of Julia being blamed and being willing to have Julia take the fall for it.

Really?

Julia and I have our differences, but when I told her what I had been told, she asked that I please make sure that I got to the bottom of it. I did. I got the rumor squashed, but someone lost their job. She didn't lose her job just because of this. Apparently she had been written up several times for different issues.

This was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sad, but I agree. Not cool. :(
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • 23scidoo said:

you wouldn't be talking about the giraffe killer that Ricky Gervais keeps shaming on social media, would you?

No. But that is totally fucked up!! I belong to a conservation group, and we discuss several different topics via email. One of the newer members, seems to think that taking in a 95/5 wolf dog, which is virtually A WOLF... Is somehow a gesture of honor. When we began to bring up several valid points as to why this was NOT a good idea, and she should the current owner to seek out a wild animal refuge, her reply was, but I
    Really want him. Now two months into having this creature in her house, she's devastated that he ate her great grandma's quilt. Mind you, this wolf dog is still a juvenile, at only
    18 months old!! I finally reported this to fish and wildlife in her Connecticut suburb, and she's complaining that they're trying to take away her PET! It's not a pet!! It's 95 percent Alaskan Timber wolf, and only 5 percent Malamute; a breed that can often be at the least 1/16th wolf bred! So basically she's determined to keep a wild animal in a single wide mobile home, with no yard and no exercise, no qualified reinforcement of boundaries, or regulated outlets got his abounding energy! It is cruel, selfish and stupid. And things like this make me mad, because it's the animal that suffers, just do one stupid human can say they have a wolf for a pet. We dropped her from the group today.

23scidoo said:

No. But that is totally fucked up!! I belong to a conservation group, and we discuss several different topics via email. One of the newer members, seems to think that taking in a 95/5 wolf dog, which is virtually A WOLF... Is somehow a gesture of honor. When we began to bring up several valid points as to why this was NOT a good idea, and she should the current owner to seek out a wild animal refuge, her reply was, but I
    Really want him. Now two months into having this creature in her house, she's devastated that he ate her great grandma's quilt. Mind you, this wolf dog is still a juvenile, at only
    18 months old!! I finally reported this to fish and wildlife in her Connecticut suburb, and she's complaining that they're trying to take away her PET! It's not a pet!! It's 95 percent Alaskan Timber wolf, and only 5 percent Malamute; a breed that can often be at the least 1/16th wolf bred! So basically she's determined to keep a wild animal in a single wide mobile home, with no yard and no exercise, no qualified reinforcement of boundaries, or regulated outlets got his abounding energy! It is cruel, selfish and stupid. And things like this make me mad, because it's the animal that suffers, just do one stupid human can say they have a wolf for a pet. We dropped her from the group today.
    that is completley and totally fucking selfish. I hate people like that.

www.headstonesband.com

deadendp said:

I just got a text from a coworker. "Beth just got fired." Who is Beth? Well, she works in the pewter department of the gallery that I work at. We had a big event this weekend. The event was much better received that anyone thought, leaving it to be our gallery version of Black Friday. Thousands of people descended upon our little gallery in the city, parking a block or better away and standing in lines upwards to three hours long to cash out. A customer asked Beth if she could see if there was a particular item in backstock. She went to look, ended up finding it and when she returned to the lady, the lady simply apologized and stated that she was sorry, she decided on something else. Apparently Beth called her and "as*hole" and starred at her for a minute, then tromped away.

I get there there were tons of people.

I get that there was a lot of waiting.

There were so many people that they had to cut off having people come in for a while for fear of fire regulations and well, maximum occupancy being reached.

I come to work Monday and hear tales of the weekend, including this one. The twist was, the tale was being told to me about a close coworker of mine being mentioned-- not Beth.

I texted Toni to have her dispel the rumor.

Julia came in and I asked her directly. She denied she had done it, but she was at the counter when the customer talked with them about it. Toni had called, informed the gallery director, apologized profusely to the customer and informed her that being treated that way wasn't okay.

We're peddling art, after all. I mean, we understand that we aren't selling things that are life sustaining. What we sell is extra fluff in life. It isn't gas for your car. It isn't food for the table. It isn't paying the light bill.

Now, I've been at my place of work for over 13 1/2 years. I can count on ONE hand with FINGERS left over on how many people have been fired in my history of working there.

Beth didn't deny calling the customer the name which we shall not say. (Mods don't like it.) She also didn't deny hearing the rumor of Julia being blamed and being willing to have Julia take the fall for it.

Really?

Julia and I have our differences, but when I told her what I had been told, she asked that I please make sure that I got to the bottom of it. I did. I got the rumor squashed, but someone lost their job. She didn't lose her job just because of this. Apparently she had been written up several times for different issues.

This was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sad, but I agree. Not cool. :(

ooohhhh, people who let others take their fall......not cool at all. beth got what she deserved.

www.headstonesband.com

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    ^^ I've been friends with Beth for years. When I heard, I was stunned that she was willing to have another person fired for her stupidity. Agreed, she got what she deserved.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    hating that I wished my sister a happy birthday.

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    23scidoo said:

Definitely not restricted to the west at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Don't. Sounds like you took the high road? That's never bad.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

with me, actually, it can be. I will precede my explanation with saying I do not put myself on a pedestal for being this way, this is simply how I am: it tears me up to fake nice to someone who I do not like. It almost, in a way, in my mind, reinforces to them that they are doing nothing wrong. I wanted very much to ignore her birthday, but that simply would have caused more family drama than I was willing to endure. Because if I'm being truthful, it's not that I wish she has a bad birthday. it is simply that I do not especially care either way. So emailing her a "hope you have a great birthday!" makes me want to wretch. it's a complete lie. But because we live in a society of being nice and not truthful, it was what I was "supposed" to do.

www.headstonesband.com

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I don't understand why everyone is so fucking stupid.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

LMAO

www.headstonesband.com

ldent42 said:

LMAO

You mock me? :rage::transformer::murica:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    I really do like the stupid random smiles lol
    ldent42 said:

I especially like how the american flag one is named 'murica.

www.headstonesband.com

ldent42 said:

Lol I tend to randomly enter letters until one that's funny comes up. :rose::yin_yang:
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

Lol I tend to randomly enter letters until one that's funny comes up. :rose::yin_yang:
    I think that's what many of us do. :coffee:

www.headstonesband.com

my lazy and/or stupid co workers who REFUSE to recycle. seriously, a giant cardbox donut box is RECYCLABLE. stop throwing recyclables in the garbage!!!! walk the 25 steps in the other direction and put it in the recycling bin, fuckers.

www.headstonesband.com

• ^^^^^^^^^^^ Whats even worse than that is when an office tries to even cut down waste further by having a mulch can next to the recycling cans in the lunch room. All I ever see in it is coffee cups and utensils. Then you look at the trash and there are all these banana peels and scraps of food. Its like they have things backwards in their idiot minds.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I've always worked in places where they had recycling bins & garbage cans. All except 1 of those places threw EVERYTHING, including the separated recycling, into a single garbage dumpster.

PJ_Soul said:

with me, actually, it can be. I will precede my explanation with saying I do not put myself on a pedestal for being this way, this is simply how I am: it tears me up to fake nice to someone who I do not like. It almost, in a way, in my mind, reinforces to them that they are doing nothing wrong. I wanted very much to ignore her birthday, but that simply would have caused more family drama than I was willing to endure. Because if I'm being truthful, it's not that I wish she has a bad birthday. it is simply that I do not especially care either way. So emailing her a "hope you have a great birthday!" makes me want to wretch. it's a complete lie. But because we live in a society of being nice and not truthful, it was what I was "supposed" to do.

I hear ya. Fake is no good at all, and I get what you mean about reinforcing bad behaviour....
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Bummed that I couldn't talk my hubby into taking me to see Garth Brooks...but at the same time it was good because our daughter ended up really sick last night and needed us...she had a 102.4 fever, a migraine and an ear ache...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    my Papas...both have passed and this song by Jake Owen about his grandpa makes me think of them...and now I'm crying...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Breakfast -> Shower -> Mystery Vinyl -> Curling all day
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I've had such a crazy, hectic, stressful bad day, but SD just made it a good one! She kindly picked up an RSD vinyl that I had really wanted! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    Those I've recently lost...my papa, and my best friend Sherry and my kitty...

https://youtu.be/RM5aW83L_DE
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I have to clean the bathroom and do the dishes, fuck
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo