Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467
    samjam said:

cutz said:

samjam said:

That autoplay thing on YouTube bugs the crap outta me!!

Look at the top right where it has up next, and just a little to the right you should see Autoplay and next to that ther is a blue little box with a check mar. Just click on that, and it should turn to grey, and no check mark, and that should turn the Autoplay off.

Yep, I know--but I always seem to forget about it until I'm done with whatever I'm watching and it goes to the next recommended video! I hate that it's the default--it should be the other way around, starts off and you can choose to turn it on!
    Yeah, you're right: it should be the other way around and start off and then you can choose to turn it on. Wasn't that the way it was before?

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    Anybody else ever spill an entire bag of frozen blueberries on the floor? Anyone? They are surprisingly rolly.

And in related news, I may not be making blueberry muffins any more.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,345
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Anybody else ever spill an entire bag of frozen blueberries on the floor? Anyone? They are surprisingly rolly.

And in related news, I may not be making blueberry muffins any more.

Not frozen, but I have accidentally dumped an entire container of blueberries on the floor while I was trying to hand them to the cashier on the check out line. There was also the time when I had just filled a bag full of pistachios from the bulk food section, only to have the bag pop and all of the pistachios make their escape on to the floor. Both times I had to remain still until one of the kind store clerks cleaned it up. :blush:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Kat said:
    Watched this a few times yesterday, what a wonderful act of kindness! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I read the news and it made me sad.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541
    Panatha again..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I miss Logan. :frowning:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

where'd he go?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

where'd he go?
    My fear is that he has been way-layed by blow dart and is laying in a ditch somewhere, unconscious... possibly tagged.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541
    5 points back in half time..come on boys..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

where'd he go?
    My fear is that he has been way-layed by blow dart and is laying in a ditch somewhere, unconscious... possibly tagged.
    Wasn't that the plan, to tag all the degenerates???
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

where'd he go?
    Wasn't that the plan, to tag all the degenerates???
    yeah, but they weren't supposed to hold them captive...unless something went wrong with the dart dosage.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799
    I'd blame BB or Last_12, they probably got in a fight over who was going to tag him and both nailed him with a dart. Now poor guy has to get over a double dose.....
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    WOOT, my first official day on the new Job is Monday...even though I'm already working the job...lol I am officially on company payroll as of Monday instead of temp agency payroll...haha And I have a 4 hour orientation to sit through on Monday....YIPES!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I had an absolute nut job in at work today. Dude came in and started to babble a bit incoherently. He started talking to me about art, but didn't know what he was talking about. Told me about how he was illiterate, but went to college. He told me about how some woman asked him to marry her. He isn't married. Then he is married. Then he isn't again. Toni, my coworker, comes in from setting some jewelry cases in another room. I kicked her in the shin so she knew not to leave me. He babbled a little more, then went shopping at the building next door. I phoned them, told them to keep an eye on him. (Haven't had to give a call like that in years.)

Then he comes back in. He starts talking about people being married and how it has to be a man and a woman. White marries white. Black marries black. Muslim marries Muslim. "Well," I tried to say calmly, " I believe that people should be married to people that they love."

"Well, I probably shouldn't say that in here, but you know, the most important thing is obedience. Don't you think? I mean, obedience is far more important in marriage than happiness."

I may have closed my eyes.

I might have taken a deep breath.

I picked up the phone and called for Dan. He picked up. "Dan, I have something I need you to come over to get." Dan knew. He hauled on over quicker than his typical pace. The guy turned his head a minute and I mouthed, "DON'T LEAVE." He shook his head, so I knew we were okay.

Surprisingly, when Dan came, the dude decided to go.

I have not called a man to come hang out with us at the side store in more years than I can even remember. When I pull that trigger, they know I'm serious.

I went over later to restock some bags. Matt, sent to follow dude, said, "At first, I didn't know what you thought was wrong with 'Duck Dynasty,' but then he opened his mouth and I knew."

I don't waltz into some store and spout off my beliefs, much less an art gallery with many partnered employees on staff. Not surprisingly, I am a liberal. I believe in marriage equality. I believe that people should love who they love regardless whether they be the same sex or not, same religion or not, same race or not. I just want people to be happy.

And yes, happiness to me is FAR more important than obedience.

My husband and I walk hand-in-hand and next to each other. That obedience crap is for the birds. I am not a submissive wife, my husband knew he wasn't marrying a submissive wife and wouldn't want a mousey, submissive wife. (The submissive/obedient wife thing is a bit of an issue for me. I grew up with my dad's dominance over my mother and knew that was not the life for me.)

What would make a guy come in and give me his marriage lecture with the obedience vs. happiness speech? What the hell?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I had an absolute nut job in at work today. Dude came in and started to babble a bit incoherently. He started talking to me about art, but didn't know what he was talking about. Told me about how he was illiterate, but went to college. He told me about how some woman asked him to marry her. He isn't married. Then he is married. Then he isn't again. Toni, my coworker, comes in from setting some jewelry cases in another room. I kicked her in the shin so she knew not to leave me. He babbled a little more, then went shopping at the building next door. I phoned them, told them to keep an eye on him. (Haven't had to give a call like that in years.)

Then he comes back in. He starts talking about people being married and how it has to be a man and a woman. White marries white. Black marries black. Muslim marries Muslim. "Well," I tried to say calmly, " I believe that people should be married to people that they love."

"Well, I probably shouldn't say that in here, but you know, the most important thing is obedience. Don't you think? I mean, obedience is far more important in marriage than happiness."

I picked up the phone and called for Dan. He picked up. "Dan, I have something I need you to come over to get." Dan knew. He hauled on over quicker than his typical pace. The guy turned his head a minute and I mouthed, "DON'T LEAVE." He shook his head, so I knew we were okay.

I have not called a man to come hang out with us at the side store in more years than I can even remember. When I pull that trigger, they know I'm serious.

I went over later to restock some bags. Matt, sent to follow dude, said, "At first, I didn't know what you thought was wrong with 'Duck Dynasty,' but then he opened his mouth and I knew."

I don't waltz into some store and spout off my beliefs, much less an art gallery with many partnered employees on staff. Not surprisingly, I am a liberal. I believe in marriage equality. I believe that people should love who they love regardless whether they be the same sex or not, same religion or not, same race or not. I just want people to be happy.

My husband and I walk hand-in-hand and next to each other. That obedience crap is for the birds. I am not a submissive wife, my husband knew he wasn't marrying a submissive wife and wouldn't want a mousey, submissive wife. (The submissive/obedient wife thing is a bit of an issue for me. I grew up with my dad's dominance over my mother and knew that was not the life for me.)

What would make a guy come in and give me his marriage lecture with the obedience vs. happiness speech? What the hell?

A crazy dude...

When I worked at the mall some lady would come in and look for Star Trek crap. Every place I worked we had Star Trek memorabilia and she'd talk your ear off about it-she would stay for hours. I told her I never watched ST, then she flipped out, and started telling me about the series, movies, characters...ugh!
    I would have customers come in and I'd try to help them, and she'd say, "i think you would like the [insert random ST item here] better, because it means...blahblahblah"
    It got so bad, at one store we would have one person leave to go on 'break', then go to the pay phone across the mall to call the store and pretend to be a customer...it was the only way to get her to leave.

I'm sorry you had to deal with a scary freak.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    deadendp said:

Mental Instability. I feel bad for the Dunkin Donuts over here cuz they somehow attract all the crazies. They gotta call the cops at least once a week I'd guess.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    latte, i want one but if i do i wont sleep tonight so i guess that ruins that idea huh ??
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    Still finding now-thawed blueberries stuck to my floor in a variety of places.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    JWPearl said:

latte, i want one but if i do i wont sleep tonight so i guess that ruins that idea huh ??

Good to see you again!! We missed you. Hope all is well with you.
  • Options
    I want to cry.. No reason just need to let some shit out I guess... Been getting a lot of crap, cause as a Christian, I defend my faith.. In just today.. A span of four hours.. I've been called stupid, ignorant, retarded, and silly.. Sigh. It gets exhausting.. Think I need a refill on some beauty. Gonna make up a music playlist, and hit the mountains.. I've had enough of people today.. I honestly think that is the hardest thing for me, in being a Christian; loving people when they hate you, and hurt you.. It's really hard. Especially for me.. Cause I came into it already hating people.. Thanks for listening to my babbling mind brook..
  • Options
    Ok, serious fingers crossed for this application I just sent. I'd love to work at this company that's also in a great location!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam said:

Ok, serious fingers crossed for this application I just sent. I'd love to work at this company that's also in a great location!

Praying!!
  • Options

samjam said:

Praying!!
    Applied to 9 jobs this week (waiting on some references and then it'll be 11)...something's gotta stick, right? I need a break!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    cookies!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    deadendp said:

I'm with you 100%. People should form relationships as happiness is the only way to get through life in one piece. It doesn't matter who/what sex/race or whatever makes you happy. If it makes you happy that is all that matters.

My wife would kick my ass if I ever tried to dominate her and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is a partnership where compromise, respect and being equal leads to true happiness.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    cdysinge said:

deadendp said:

I'm with you 100%. People should form relationships as happiness is the only way to get through life in one piece. It doesn't matter who/what sex/race or whatever makes you happy. If it makes you happy that is all that matters.

My wife would kick my ass if I ever tried to dominate her and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is a partnership where compromise, respect and being equal leads to true happiness.
    ^^ I couldn't have said it better myself.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853

I want to cry.. No reason just need to let some shit out I guess... Been getting a lot of crap, cause as a Christian, I defend my faith.. In just today.. A span of four hours.. I've been called stupid, ignorant, retarded, and silly.. Sigh. It gets exhausting.. Think I need a refill on some beauty. Gonna make up a music playlist, and hit the mountains.. I've had enough of people today.. I honestly think that is the hardest thing for me, in being a Christian; loving people when they hate you, and hurt you.. It's really hard. Especially for me.. Cause I came into it already hating people.. Thanks for listening to my babbling mind brook..

why are you being called names because of your christianity? what instigated that shit?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    samjam said:

samjam said:

Praying!!
    Applied to 9 jobs this week (waiting on some references and then it'll be 11)...something's gotta stick, right? I need a break!
    Persistence. So important. Great job Sam! Something will stick
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden