what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• I know what you mean. My sis and I are like oil and water these days. She has habits and morals I can't agree with.. But I love her all the same.. She just bugs me. I can't do thighs the ways she does, cause in my mid, it's just not right.. But getting her to understand that is like pulling teeth! Lol
  • samjam said:

Man, it bothers me when people post selfies on the PJ FB pages that are clearly just for attention/likes.

I don't have Facebook ...so rather than posting selfies on their own Facebook pages they post their selfies on the PJ Facebook?
  • samjam said:

Man, it bothers me when people post selfies on the PJ FB pages that are clearly just for attention/likes.

I don't have Facebook ...so rather than posting selfies on their own Facebook pages they post their selfies on the PJ Facebook?
    Sonething like that.. I avoid that place like the PLAGUE!!
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Wondering where JWPearl has been, hope she's ok....
  • Wondering where JWPearl has been, hope she's ok....

I was wondering about her too. Not the same without her here..:-( I hope she is just not here, for all the joy in her life.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Me too!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    wasa1971 said:

Trying to figure out how my brother and I are sooo completely opposite. How did we end up having such different values. We are drifting farther and farther apart. He's someone I don't enjoy being around ((i'm sure he feels the same about me) Its sad really, but I'm just feeling like I don't want to try anymore.

sooooo with you on this. I'm the youngest of 3. bro is oldest, then my sister. my bro is super religious, so there's that chasm between us, but we get along, and have the same sense of humour. but my sister is so classic middle child....always needing to be the best, incredibly needy and bossy. Finally one day I just said "fuck it, I don't give a shit anymore about family peace, she treats me like shit".

at some point it's just not worth the drama. I keep telling my wife that when my parents are eventually gone, I wouldn't be surprised if I rarely, if ever, speak to or see my siblings ever again. And I'm actually ok with that.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't give up on them. My younger brother and I went through that. I am much more liberal and believe in strict gun control among other things. He is a die hard gun nut that thinks everyone should be packing at all times. It took some time but we finally agreed to disagree and just to not discuss some of those things. Now I am closer with him than ever and talk every couple of days.

Now If I could get my little sister to do the same her and my relationship might be better.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't give up on them. My younger brother and I went through that. I am much more liberal and believe in strict gun control among other things. He is a die hard gun nut that thinks everyone should be packing at all times. It took some time but we finally agreed to disagree and just to not discuss some of those things. Now I am closer with him than ever and talk every couple of days.

Now If I could get my little sister to do the same her and my relationship might be better.

for me it's not about values. my brother and I can get past that. it's my sister and the way she treats people. I just can't put up with it anymore just to keep my parents happy.

I've come to the realization that I shouldn't make my life miserable just to have a relationship with someone for no other reason than them having the same parents as I do. I just don't like her as a person.

www.headstonesband.com

• cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't give up on them. My younger brother and I went through that. I am much more liberal and believe in strict gun control among other things. He is a die hard gun nut that thinks everyone should be packing at all times. It took some time but we finally agreed to disagree and just to not discuss some of those things. Now I am closer with him than ever and talk every couple of days.

for me it's not about values. my brother and I can get past that. it's my sister and the way she treats people. I just can't put up with it anymore just to keep my parents happy.

I've come to the realization that I shouldn't make my life miserable just to have a relationship with someone for no other reason than them having the same parents as I do. I just don't like her as a person.

Sometimes just walking away actually is what gets through go them. We collectively had to cut off communication with our older sudtrr( the oldest), cause she did this too. It was like you could feel the life getting sucked out if you. She has finally seemed to get it. So, I really hope you can keep faith that there HS done good still in there. So many people take so much from their siblings in the name of not hurting mom and dad. That's really not fair. You should be allowed and it understood that joy have every right to defend or protect yourself from being taken advantage of it made to be miderabke. If you have done all you can, then it's on her. Hope things can get better there. I couldn't imagine life without my siblings.. Even IF they drive me nuts sometimes!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I found out a little secret I’m not supposed to know…apparently a lot of people applied for my job, but I’m the only one their interviewing because they know they want me… :smiley:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

I found out a little secret I’m not supposed to know…apparently a lot of people applied for my job, but I’m the only one their interviewing because they know they want me… :smiley:

Awesome!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited April 2015

cdysinge said:

Same here. I only see my sister when I have to (holiday family dinners), because she has just become a mean snotty bitch too often for me to take it. She also treats our mother very poorly (my mom comes to my house and cries about it - it makes me FURIOUS). So yeah, I have no qualms having next to nothing to do with her. I don't want someone like her in my life. I will, however, deal with the small amount of contact we do have entirely for my mother's sake (and I do a damn good job). I will ALWAYS do it for my mom (since obviously my mom isn't going to cut her own daughter out of her life, no matter how much of a c**t she is. Unconditional love on my mom's part). But once Mom's gone, the only way I'd have anything more to do with my sister is if she somehow becomes a much better human being, which is hard to imagine, since she's already in her 40s and just keeps getting worse, not better. It sucks - I would love to have a sister I don't think is a bitch. But I don't.

This idea that we should keep trying and trying to get along with awful people just because they're family makes no sense to me at all, frankly.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • I love your brutal honesty PJ_Soul. Uniquely refreshing. :smile:
  • What's in my mind, is how amazing it is to rather sit in my car, and maybe smoke a bowl in the parking lot, waiting to pick someone up from a bar, to get a ride back home to Pueblo. I have never been able to sit out a beer. I just turned down a free beer, and am sitting here posting this, waiting for the ones I'm driving for to finish THEIR free beers. Apparently a guy in the bar ( a regular) is infamous for drinking a bottle of Jameson to his head, one shot at a time..) is drink enough to be buying beers.

Posting here is much better, thanks!
  • Also.. That I really need to learn to type..
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Just had a great little brewery based getaway with the bf, just what I needed! And a Guster concert tonight! Excited cause I haven't seen them in 6 years..they were actually one of my first concerts.

Trying to forget that it's back to the reality on Monday.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    PJSiren said:

HOORAY! :plus_one:

What's in my mind, is how amazing it is to rather sit in my car, and maybe smoke a bowl in the parking lot, waiting to pick someone up from a bar, to get a ride back home to Pueblo. I have never been able to sit out a beer. I just turned down a free beer, and am sitting here posting this, waiting for the ones I'm driving for to finish THEIR free beers. Apparently a guy in the bar ( a regular) is infamous for drinking a bottle of Jameson to his head, one shot at a time..) is drink enough to be buying beers.

Posting here is much better, thanks!

I'm proud of you for turning down the free beer. Truly.

Also.. That I really need to learn to type..

See, now if you figure out how to type, I won't have to re-read the posts two or three times! ;)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Got 'done' with taxes...just need to do the double check and send it off.

Now I'm thinking, 'what the hell can I toss/shred'? I'm drowning in so much paper, and I feel like I can't get rid of it because TurboTax asked me questions that I had to find on papers that were from 10 years ago...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

Now I'm thinking, 'what the hell can I toss/shred'? I'm drowning in so much paper, and I feel like I can't get rid of it because TurboTax asked me questions that I had to find on papers that were from 10 years ago...

i swear to god I hate turbotax more and more every year. I said this last year, but THIS time I MEAN it - next year I'm gonna just pay a tax guy to do it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067

Wondering where JWPearl has been, hope she's ok....

I was wondering about her too. Not the same without her here..:-( I hope she is just not here, for all the joy in her life.
    i was thinking the same last night..
    this is not war..this is celebration of Easter in Vrontado, Chios..

http://www.gazzetta.gr/plus/article/727726/o-entyposiakos-royketopolemos-sto-vrontado-vid
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

i swear to god I hate turbotax more and more every year. I said this last year, but THIS time I MEAN it - next year I'm gonna just pay a tax guy to do it.
    We were gonna hire a guy...then Mr. RK (who is a master procrastinator) kept saying "we'll do it next week" for like 12 weeks. So we or, uh I had to do TurboTax. We have a rental house and that section took the longest...digging through all that paper (guess it pays to 'keep everything'). I did find out, I can claim the accountant fee on the taxes, so definately gonna hire someone next year.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I didn't do it this year cuz 90% of my shit is paperless and therefore in pdfs I have to download. It would have been a lot of Shit to print and Idk if it's acceptable to email a Dropbox link. So I figured I'd leave it till next year.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Can anyone explain what "fleek" means?
    ELITIST FUK
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,850
    SD48277 said:

fleek:

being fresh.

on point.

cool.

or swavy.

Urban Dictionary is your friend for the stupid words the youguns come up with today =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

SD48277 said:

fleek:

being fresh.

on point.

cool.

or swavy.

Urban Dictionary is your friend for the stupid words the youguns come up with today =)
    Thank you, ND. What a stupid word.
    ELITIST FUK
    "well ducking FUH!!!!"

now there is a huge report on the news about how 'city planners admit they were wrong in allowing developers build multi-family complexes without adequate parking, and now is causing a strain on the parking situation within such a small community'

essentially, city developers allowed builders to build several apartment buildings...say, with 30 units...and NO PARKING whatsoever. City developers just assumed that those apartment dwellers would all use public transportation.

Now, 5 years later,they are trying to figure out how to 'fix it'. :headbangingagainstwall:

- Christopher McCandless
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    A new low in the job search! Applied for a job at 12:13, got a rejection email at 12:16! Screwballs! Bet they didn't even look at my resume. I was actually quite qualified for this one, and had high hopes. That ended quickly.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

This idea that we should keep trying and trying to get along with awful people just because they're family makes no sense to me at all, frankly.
    nice to hear it from someone else. Thank you.

had a family gathering on Saturday. she was the usual queen bitch she always is. her son kicked a ball over my parents fence. My dad told her, assuming she'd go get it with her son (he's only 6), or just get it herself. She replied "pffft....what do you want ME to do about it?". I don't know, maybe take responsibility for your CHILD?

So my Dad said nothing and went and got it. I just don't get it.

I have a feeling she's finally getting the message that I'm done with her. My youngest daughter and her son are the same age, and she used to ask all the time about getting them together. She hasn't in a while now. Good. Cause he's got a lot of the same traits as his mom. Poor kid.

www.headstonesband.com

that I just ate too much pizza. ugh.

www.headstonesband.com