Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Why must my family amp up the crazy around the holidays? Every. Flippin'. Time.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,345
    SD48277 said:

Pap, give it some time.

Thanks SD! I will...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Pap said:

23scidoo said:

hang on pap..

I'm in the process of trying to forget that there's even a slight chance to meet her again. I was true to her too, but here we have different contexts (unique personalities, different ages, different places and even timing), and of course maybe she found out that she doesn't want someone like me. The truth is that I was probably too pushy. But I do like her and all I wanted was to meet her one more time and tell her that. It turned out that I didn't behave - ask for it - in the right way. I should probably have given her more space and time. Play it cool and be patient. Unfortunately, I couldn't be any of the above because I had - still have actually - a crush on her. I ruined everything. Poor girl, I must have let her down... She will never want to speak to me again or even hang out with me. The only thing that I could do now is to send her my love and drop it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx3zU6CVpz4

We're weird creatures! [...] My suggestion? Make it really clear to this girl no games are allowed. It's your heart she's playing with not a Basketball or something.. It's a live person with feelings and emotions.. And that you deserve only an honest and straightforward sort of person.

I hope everything works out for you two. Sorry that we're such fuckers when it comes to being personal with us females. But honestly not all of us are bitches.. The good ones have just enough bitch in there to work for you.. But more lady than anything! Good luck to you both!

Thank you WH! I think we both needed that kind of support from a kind lady like you. That's what I was telling myself the last couple of weeks: " Why she's killing me slowly like this - it's like she couldn't believe that I have feelings for her - instead of just sending a cold message (stop calling me!)". I know, I took it too far. I passed the limits. I crossed the line. I wish she could forgive me, but now it's too late. But can anybody here accept the fact that all of my actions were real and came out of pure love?

If she could find a reason to forgive, then I could find a reason to live. I believe in miracles.

Maybe she is one of those girls like myself that like to take things reaallllly slow?? And the rush to have a relationship of greater consequence frightened her? I know I
    Get overwhelmed by guys that are just in a rush to 'seal the deal'.. If you know what I Mean. Try imagining how you would want a guy to treat your daughter... That was what my Dad always taught my brother, and our adopted brothers. Now they all have daughters! Lol none the less, perhaps as well there is a girl out there that is just as passionate about you, as you are about her! Hang in there! And we're ways here for you.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    April Fool's Day is dumb.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    samjam said:

One my
    'Job boards' sent THE funniest emails today!! Snagajob sent an email for putting your pets to work.. And they let you fill out the app too!! So I had Scooter apply to be a Document Shredder!! Just to mess with them! At the end of the app under qualifications, I put..' This made me laugh, thanks, and my cat looks forward to shredding things for his cat nip habit!'
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    Listening to Corduroy - love, love, LOVE this song. It makes me heart happy no matter the situation.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    samjam said:

So stupid. Especially with social media these days.....it's so clear that people are full of shit today yet they will post ridiculous things all day and then say "just kidding!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853

samjam said:

So stupid. Especially with social media these days.....it's so clear that people are full of shit today yet they will post ridiculous things all day and then say "just kidding!"
    alternativenation.net posts the DUMBEST april fool's news stories.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

samjam said:

I'm gonna try to stay off it today for this reason. I don't like April fools jokes.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,345

Hang in there! And we're ways here for you.

Thanks!

Listening to Corduroy - love, love, LOVE this song. It makes me heart happy no matter the situation.

My favourite song! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w89OXfe1t8I

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    My tattoo studio posted an april fools joke today they they were selling the studio and moving to hawaii...I freaked til I realized what day it was...lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    dry cleaners

• Options
    All the posters I've ordered from the shop but never opened.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799
    edited April 2015
    I looked hot as a red head.....might go back, got noting better to do these days than play with the colour of my hair.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,541
    It is so great to see old friends again..the dive to the past..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    My new boss is really really awesome.
    She called me today after work to apologize for being grumpy...I didn't really notice, I knew she was having a stressful day.
    It's so awesome when people can admit when they f'ed up and apologize. Shows they have a lot of respect for themselves and others.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Why is life so expensive. Everything is expensive.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited April 2015
    samjam said:

Yup. It blows. Especially where I live - it's totally out of control. The average price of a home in Vancouver is now $1.4 Million. Meanwhile, salaries are completely stagnant and lower than the national average. WHAT. THE. FUCK.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Yup. It blows. Especially where I live - it's totally out of control. The average price of a home in Vancouver is now $1.4 Million. Meanwhile, salaries are completely stagnant and lower than the national average. WHAT. THE. FUCK.
    Reminds me of the song "Cashout" by Fugazi.
    My city is the same way. Ian even mentioned it when they played the song.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Dreams I had as a kid to live in certain places...completely gone now. Travel I wanted to do, I've done some of it and glad I did it when I could, because I don't know when I'll get to do stuff of that nature again. Also prioritizing to be able to do the things I want (concerts), but sacrificing other things is hard work! Glad I found my place interning/working/volunteering/what have you at venues...helps my wallet with some free shows.

And then--if you happen to get some money, when you grow up you just don't have the time. Why Americans hardly get time off is beyond me. You compare this country to others in terms of time off, and it's astounding. My bf and I have always talked about going to Disney, idk when it's gonna even happen.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    samjam said:

PJ_Soul said:

samjam said:

Dreams I had as a kid to live in certain places...completely gone now. Travel I wanted to do, I've done some of it and glad I did it when I could, because I don't know when I'll get to do stuff of that nature again. Also prioritizing to be able to do the things I want (concerts), but sacrificing other things is hard work! Glad I found my place interning/working/volunteering/what have you at venues...helps my wallet with some free shows.

And then--if you happen to get some money, when you grow up you just don't have the time. Why Americans hardly get time off is beyond me. You compare this country to others in terms of time off, and it's astounding. My bf and I have always talked about going to Disney, idk when it's gonna even happen.
    Yeah, I hear ya. There are so many things I want to do or have but can't afford to do or have, and that's with a full time salaried career... However, I am single now. Things are a LOT easier when you have a double income to work with! (which is the only thing I miss about sharing a household, lol). So work on staying in that situation, lol! But even then, real vacation/travel is definitely a luxury now. I remember when just about everyone could afford a family vacation. Now just the airfare alone would leave a lot of families broke.
    And I totally understand about prioritizing the spending. Lol. I might seem pretty ridiculous to some, but since I live in a place with SUCH a high cost of living, I have to sacrifice what are probably the basics in some people's minds (i.e. a vehicle, a normal amount of new clothes, etc) so that I can go to concerts and buy records..... totally worth it! :tongue: Travel to Europe or whatever is out of the question for me as long as I have a single income to work with (luckily I've already been there several times when I was younger and it was affordable to do so).... More of that will have to wait until I win the lottery or until the inheritance comes my way (knock on wood, of course - hopefully that doesn't happen for a looooong time!).

But I would like to say Sam, that you are so young still! Basically no one has money at your age unless their parents give it to them! Patience my friend. You've got a long long time to fit all that you want to do in. Your dreams will still be there 10 years from now. Financial stability only comes with time (if then). :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Sam, skip DIsney for now...go see as many bands and try to travel as much as you can now (no shame in staying on friends' couches). Disney will always be there.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Try living in Ireland! Cost of living in Dublin is extortionate :p
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

Sam, skip DIsney for now...go see as many bands and try to travel as much as you can now (no shame in staying on friends' couches). Disney will always be there.

^^^this...really, I saved up all my money in college to buy music and go to concerts, I'm so glad I was able to see some bands...like the Ramones, Nirvana, INXS (a'la Michael Hutchence). If I had saved my money to go on vacation, and said, "oh those bands will always be there", I would have missed them. Paris will always be there, Disney will always be there...the music/bands unfortunately will not.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Everything is balance, I guess. In both cost and things to do, what you're spending versus not spending on, etc. I have to think that I'm lucky to have moved to an up and coming city with a significantly lower cost of living than both home and where I went to school. But also, less to do here, less opportunities. And I have a significant other to keep in mind. So it's balancing everything out. And counting my blessings for what I have been able to experience up to this point. I think that now that I live a bit differently than how I grew up, it takes some getting used to. Does that sound absolutely awful and terrible and stuck up? Because I don't intend for it to :fearful:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Well it's not easy to go from getting much of what you want from your parents to being poor like a normal person taking care of herself in her early 20s. Change is hard!
  • Options
    samjam said:

Everything is balance, I guess. In both cost and things to do, what you're spending versus not spending on, etc. I have to think that I'm lucky to have moved to an up and coming city with a significantly lower cost of living than both home and where I went to school. But also, less to do here, less opportunities. And I have a significant other to keep in mind. So it's balancing everything out. And counting my blessings for what I have been able to experience up to this point. I think that now that I live a bit differently than how I grew up, it takes some getting used to. Does that sound absolutely awful and terrible and stuck up? Because I don't intend for it to :fearful:

You do not sound stuck up at all. You are doing amazingly well. Trust me. Life after college is an adjustment. Try to enjoy yourself as much as you can. Go see amazing bands. Create art. Do stupid stuff that you can only do when you are in your 20s.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Yes, definitely. A change many do have to go through. I'm thankful I grew up NOT getting everything I wanted though, that's for sure--certainly not how I was raised. Can't say the same for many where I grew up, though. Those people are the ones with the NYC apartments with tiny dogs and a job at some advertising firm--I'm like...is this really your life right now?! But yes, the overall change of taking care of yourself is a difficult one and a definite learning process. Small things from cooking to larger things like insurance and taxes and navigating the work world. I think I have to remind myself more that this is an exciting time!

And yes, I do spend my money primarily on concerts, not to worry SD and RCKNDY :) I volunteer at some venues, I have since college, which has helped me in going to copious free shows while getting some great experience. Leaves me more $ to splurge on other concerts such as the Foos at Wrigley in August (never been to Chicago, SO excited to explore, even if only for a day and a half!)

Also, I appreciate you guys. Just wanted to say that. I love this community.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Chicago! I don't know if you like taking in museums, but the Art Institute of Chicago is worth checking out. And you can see The Bean in Grant Park on the way to the Institute.
    ELITIST FUK