Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited March 2015
    I may be a bitch.. But my solution to the problem.. Would be to ask her permission for everything!!! Like, excuse me, may I use the restroom right quick? Should I do this instead of that? Where exactly do you this? Or this? Or how do you want this done? Every tiny thought.. Til it bugs the shit outta her, and she finally asks what's up.. At which pint I'd tell her, well I tried doing things on my own, but you always had better solutions, or ways to do things. Thus, I figured you believed you needed to think for me, so now you are! That way, if shit goes wrong, I was just doing what you said to do. You think it, I do it, you pay for it! But I am just not willing to have people hover.. I'll shove their insecurity right down their throats! Lol better listen to the above suggestion, and not mine! Good luck!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I love my day planner...I know people use their phone for appointments/meetings or whatever, but I still really like having a physical book where I write things down, and log stuff I do. Its even the new disc bound style so I don't have to deal with the 3 ring annoying thing, and I can fold it around and open like a spiral notebook, switch around pages...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    RKCNDY said:

I love my day planner...I know people use their phone for appointments/meetings or whatever, but I still really like having a physical book where I write things down, and log stuff I do. Its even the new disc bound style so I don't have to deal with the 3 ring annoying thing, and I can fold it around and open like a spiral notebook, switch around pages...

Me too! I love having something in my hand and my colored tabs, pens and post its. I enjoy opening it up and seeing nice, neat, color coordinated sections.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    I need my planner too but there is def nothing neat about mine.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I don't have a day planner, but I do have a little calendar I keep in my purse...I use it and my phone...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,838
    And just like that, times up and I have to walk away. Never thought leaving work and my hospitals would be so hard, more worried about that then the surgery....I'm weird.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

And just like that, times up and I have to walk away. Never thought leaving work and my hospitals would be so hard, more worried about that then the surgery....I'm weird.

Surgery. You're performing or having?

Never mind my questions, sorry I realize how intrusive it is. Either way good luck.
    Post edited by frozenwithsalt on
  • Options

Surgery. You're performing or having?

Never mind my questions, sorry I realize how intrusive it is. Either way good luck.
    Having and it's not intrusive since I put it out there first and thank you.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

Not weird, we get attached to our work! It happens when you put your heart and passion into your work, and then the job ends. Enjoy your Piña Colada, pie and bubble bath! And good luck with hit surgery!
  • Options

Not weird, we get attached to our work! It happens when you put your heart and passion into your work, and then the job ends. Enjoy your Piña Colada, pie and bubble bath! And good luck with hit surgery!
    Thanks WH, good to see you back by the way. Props to you for taking the hit for all of us, but stay on the DL for a while. I'm going to need you all around to amuse me while I'm laid up. :)

• Options
    Apparently some people can snore sitting up, laying down-on their side, back, or stomach....and it's all at the same volume.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Just woke up from a dream in which PJ has announced a "last minute NA tour" which I couldn't find the dates for anywhere on line and i had friends pressuring me to get more tickets than I could through the 10c & they couldn't understand my explanation of how 10c tickets work and got upset with me for being difficult.

That WAS a dream right?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Listening to studio Oceans - and God I love Pearl jam. I mean I know that's why we are all here but there isn't any other band that does it for me like they do.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    divorce
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options

divorce

It's a word I'd never thought I'd use, but it happens. If you are going through it know that you are far from alone.
  • Options

Thanks WH, good to see you back by the way. Props to you for taking the hit for all of us, but stay on the DL for a while. I'm going to need you all around to amuse me while I'm laid up. :)
    Lol! Yw and yes ma'am!
  • Options

divorce

This is a scary place to be. I've never been married, ( too high of standards????) butni've watched both my sisters go through it. My heart and prayers are with you.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Apparently some people can snore sitting up, laying down-on their side, back, or stomach....and it's all at the same volume.

This isn't really funny, but it's funny.. Cause I know what you mean! I used to date a guy that he AND his dog ( he had an old school Arkansas Red Nosed Pit), snored so loudly, that me and MY dog, ( Wolf dog 1 Momo) would have to leave and go sleep in my van outside. It used to make him so mad!!
  • Options
    yeah..i never thought I would ever even type that word. thanks, frozen and whispering.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options

yeah..i never thought I would ever even type that word. thanks, frozen and whispering.

Yw. If you ever just need someone to
    Listen to you vent, PM me.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Yw. If you ever just need someone to
    Listen to you vent, PM me.
    very kind of you, and thanks. :)

Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    So Neil Diamond yesterday...I've been to about 150 shows in my lifetime. Worked a ton of them, too. And out of all the shows I've ever been to, I got the best seats I've ever had yesterday at Neil Diamond lol. 2nd row sidestage. I was like...ummm can this happen for Pearl Jam?! But the look on my bf's mom's face was priceless, and saying she enjoyed the evening would be an understatement. Didn't know we'd get that hooked up!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    samjam said:

So Neil Diamond yesterday...I've been to about 150 shows in my lifetime. Worked a ton of them, too. And out of all the shows I've ever been to, I got the best seats I've ever had yesterday at Neil Diamond lol. 2nd row sidestage. I was like...ummm can this happen for Pearl Jam?! But the look on my bf's mom's face was priceless, and saying she enjoyed the evening would be an understatement. Didn't know we'd get that hooked up!

:smile: I also had the best seats of my life for the worst concert I've ever been to! Funny how that works.

So, how was the music??
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey now!! Neil Diamond us a very good live artist!!.he was witty and engaging when I saw him for free, Box Seats, no less! My friend just handed Em' to me cause he works in Promotions and event coordinations, and he KNEW I'd go cause it was free and live music. I had a very good time, I took my sister and her cheesey ass boyfriend at the time.. And one of my fellow ranch hands.. We had fun! We had the coolest seats, saw him in Tulsa, drive almost two hours, stayed the night woke up next up a Carl's Jr. Across the street.. I'd just gotten laid the week before.. I paid no room no board, no utilities, no stall fees for my horse's spot in the barn.. Life was sweet!! I saw a LOT of concerts that year!!

Ok I'm leaving that typo in there cause it's funny as fuck!! No pun intended!! That did NOT HAPPEN!! I'd gotten PAID, not laid, that's a rarety.. That doesn't just 'happen' ( me getting laid.. I imagine the mods reading this post and thinking.. MAYBE, you SHOULD GET LAID. WH, might improve your attitude problem....)
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    SLEEP and FOOD...lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I was just gonna ask you about that...hahaha!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    The show was better than I expected actually! Like whisperinghands, I can't pass up free and live music. It's always interesting to see how different acts do their thing live! He's a good entertainer with a good band, and the crowd was great. Would I see him again? I'd say no. But I was pleasantly surprised by enjoying myself more than I thought, and it was definitely cool being that close.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    So many things.....mostly why do so many things weigh more than 4lbs?

• Options

RKCNDY said:

Me too! I love having something in my hand and my colored tabs, pens and post its. I enjoy opening it up and seeing nice, neat, color coordinated sections.
    I'm organized now...my planner us new. Just wait, in a month I just might have pages falling out and stickey notes everywhere. I do have to remind myself to be on top of things, I have to help keep someone else's life in order now.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024