Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    edited March 2015

well shit carrots...I was at my new job then, if you stayed longer, I would have stopped by to fist bump you. Congrats by the way!

Awwww, thanks! Well, I'm not going to attach a GPS to my posts, but we're currently on California Avenue...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

well shit carrots...I was at my new job then, if you stayed longer, I would have stopped by to fist bump you. Congrats by the way!

Awwww, thanks! Well, I'm not going to attach a GPS to my posts, but we're currently on California Avenue...

I'm just off california...might go to the Bridge later.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    First and foremost - woo hooo RKCNDY :)

I am some distant relations who live in Mexico City - I think it's time we re-connected. ;)

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    PJ_Soul said:

Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Shit, I just lost a chunk off one of my teeth :anguished:
  • Options

Ouch

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited March 2015
    My best friend moved out of state tonight.. Now that I'm home, Allen in my room.. I can bawl. I don't make friends very well.. And I usually don't have many female friends... But God I'm going to miss this chick !!!

wtf?????? Who is Allen?? alone!! Alone in my
    Room.. Fuck... I'mma go cry now..
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

Yikes.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    White people lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited March 2015

My best friend moved out of state tonight.. Now that I'm home, Allen in my room.. I can bawl. I don't make friends very well.. And I usually don't have many female friends... But God I'm going to miss this chick !!!

It's hard to make teuly close friends when you're a grown up, especially female ones. Sorry you lost yours (i mean lost geographical proximity of yours, anyway).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Anyone know how soon I need to get to a dentist for a chipped tooth? It's 4am here and I did it while eating a bowl of cereal haha
  • Options

Oh noooooooo!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

Anyone know how soon I need to get to a dentist for a chipped tooth? It's 4am here and I did it while eating a bowl of cereal haha

I would say as soon as possible, especially if you are in pain.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    RKCNDY said:

Oh, and sending lots of "YOU'RE HIRED!" vibes to sam.

...and yes, I have been in that situation, I actually directly asked that person if I had done anything to offend or hurt them in any way, they said, "no, I just don't like you". I just figured that person was jealous because I'm so much awesome-er than they are. Ok, I really thought they probably had some sort of self-esteem issues, just keep being nice to them...it's all you can do.

Thank you :) and congrats on your job!!!

Idk if it would be wise to confront the person in my current situation, I'm thinking I should just continue to be kind and leave it at that. Maybe in the future it will be a better time to confront her.

Also, congrats, Finsbury!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    I'm really sick, so I want to go to the doctor. The problem is I feel too much like shit to drag myself to the urgent care place before they close. WAAAAAAH
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options

I FEEL YOU! Both my best friends live in different states than me...it sucks ass, majorly! I hate it and it is so hard to make good friends as an adult...this shit was so much easier when I was a kid and you were just my BFF instantly...lol My daughter doesn't know how easy she's got it... *HUGS* from Oregon!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited March 2015
    ldent42 said:

I'm really sick, so I want to go to the doctor. The problem is I feel too much like shit to drag myself to the urgent care place before they close. WAAAAAAH

Still sick? Still fever also? Better see the Dr. ASAP, wishing you will feel better soon !
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Hope you don't have what I do...it's crap, but it is going around everywhere...I knowmy family in KY all had it too...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Just over half an hour til I get off work, hopefully...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    People are always talking about the freshman 15 and all that, but I'm finding it MUCH harder to be healthier post-college....

I need to start taking better care of myself.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

People are always talking about the freshman 15 and all that, but I'm finding it MUCH harder to be healthier post-college....

I need to start taking better care of myself.

Much harder now. Then I was too broke, it was jack in the box tacos and a pop tart during then day so I could save my money for going out and a 3 am nacho run.

Now ...ugh. At work they apply the fat and happy rule. There's always cake, donuts, pizza and ice cream socials. They bring in breakfast tacos to 'get a good start' and bring in wings for working lunches. Sometime they even come by with one of those little ice cream carts and hand out ice cream sandwiches. All we do is sit stare at a computer and eat.
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

ldent42 said:

Still sick? Still fever also? Better see the Dr. ASAP, wishing you will feel better soon !
    I went to the urgent care place today. Which I had gone sooner. No wait, no hassle, prescription for some industrial strength antibiotics and these adorable little cough pills too. Plus they gave me this "summary" printed out on their letterhead (which I didn't ask for) so now I have proof to show my professors (who don't really care anyways) that I've been legitimately ill.

@PJSiren I was diagnosed with a sinus infection. "Acute" though frankly there is NOTHING cute about what's been going on with me for the last few weeks.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I'm trying to keep up with what is going on with everyone but when you haven't been on in a month - it feels weird. I hope everyone feels better that is ill - I had the nuclear flu from Christmas Eve through first week of February - it was horrible sucked all energy from my body and i couldn't think - didn't go into my lungs thankfully - it just was so completely fatiguing. Being sick sucks.
    And to those who have new jobs, i think, congrats.

I can hardly see the screen of pc cause I have an eye infection - haven't been taking care of myself - been getting hit left and right with bullshit that leaves no time. but i couldn't even open my eyes yesterday, nevermind put contacts in and i had to cancel an important appt for emergency eye appt. So I am as good as blind cause i don't have glasses for some reason - taking care of others? Gotta get Lenscrafters to make me a pair tomorrow same day. My ex is more than psychotic - he is just evil and he has caused my life to be engulfed by the courts and court shrinks and my son hates me again. And it's all lies and manipulation and shit that only hurts our son, but he gets such a kick out of fucking with me that he is high on power. He has really gone all out this time, but he will not drag me down to his level. I have truth on my side, so he's already screwing up but i don't understand why people get kicks out of ruining other people's lives and who cares if a kid's life is ruined in the process. And I can't help a son who keeps going back to insanity. I have to take care of me and hope he remembers how he was raised before it's too late.

Hope everyone had a lovely Pi Day and enjoys their Sunday. And I'm gonna be speaking bad Portuguese in November - so help me god!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    njnancy, I hope your eyes as well as the rest of you feels better soon. And be sure that karma will eventually kick that ex of yours right in the shorts. My parents divorced when I was very young. My mother never said a bad word about my dad, but as I grew up, the truth came out and I know who the upstanding parent was. I found out who the turd was too. As a parent, though, I can only imagine how painful it is to watch your child go through that.

Good luck on the bad Portuguese! Can you get lessons for that? :wink:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    I need to get a passport too. Guess I've been a big girl for long enough that I should have such things. I can speak Spanish pretty well but I am going to get a Rosetta Stone knock off version of Portuguese to get me by (so, yeah - bad Portuguese lessons. (where are my smilies???)). I want to know how to speak the language somewhat.

I am not in the fetal position, I haven't wanted to drink and I'll be damned if I give up 18+ years over vindictive crap. I am working on taking care of me, I am trying to not think of the whole humongous stinking ball of bs he has created when I'm not actively dealing with lawyers or the misguided child service people. I do what i have to do and then I have to think of other things. One cannot live in continued sadness and crisis non-stop. I cancelled everything on Friday for the eye doc and my one eye feels better but the other one is gonna need some time. Feels like sand is on my eyeball.

I can't help anyone but myself right now, as much as i want to shake my son and save him, he has to make a good choice and get the hell away from that crazy family.I can't think about it because it just kills me. I have to hope I taught him something that smacks him in the head and says RUN.

Thanks for your sharing and kind words - they mean a lot. I've started to appreciate so much those one or two people that are kind to you in your daily life - it's amazing how many people are rude, mean, dismissive and then one person just extends kindness and it gives you the fuel to keep going.
  • Options
    It sounds like you are doing the right things for you. That's awesome! Just keep it up. Every day is a new adventure!
    The smilies are somewhat hidden nowadays. Type a colon and you should get a few choices, follow it with a letter and you get a few more. The trick is finding the right letter. :anguished::giggle:
  • Options
    :angry:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ahhh - sometimes emoticons can say it better than words. :grimacing::star: Thank you! :hug:
  • Options
    :joy: